Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son (2943 Views)

Dunamis Pastor’s Wife Bans Members From Hugging, Pecking In Church / Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Conversation Between An Atheist Professor And His Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by ijawkid(m): 10:11am On Apr 08, 2013
Boomark:

He asked, WHY?

Don't claim you don't understand english anymore.

Oboy abeg help me re-echo the question to am....

I gave him sound reasons why Jesus was to be called eternal Father....I also gave him sound reasons why paul said he was like a Father to timothy.....as for abrahams case he was indeed Father to a generation....

Even with all these sound reasons Jesus said we should call no one Father except the heavenly Father.......that is why even the apostles who had read isaiahs prophecy never ran around Jesus calling him Father.....

Now the question is,,::: on what basis should the pope be called holy Father.......smh!!!!!!

The holy Father title is so annoying....angry
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 10:17am On Apr 08, 2013
Boomark:

He asked, WHY?

Don't claim you don't understand english anymore.

He asked why we call him "Holy Father."

I answered: we call him Holy Father because he is our Holy Father.

Who is it that finds English language difficult now?
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by ijawkid(m): 10:20am On Apr 08, 2013
italo:

Hehehehe.......this answer get serious k-leg......italo u err....
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Boomark(m): 10:51am On Apr 08, 2013
italo:

Are you in primary 8?

When you teacher ask you, "why do call water a liquid"? And you will reply "we call it liquid because it is our liquid."

Unless you are telling us that his Holiness is not universal and does not pertains to Christian or that it is not supported by the scripture?
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 10:59am On Apr 08, 2013
@ Ijawkid,

How do I err?
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 11:03am On Apr 08, 2013
Boomark:

Are you in primary 8?

When you teacher ask you, "why do call water a liquid"? And you will reply "we call it liquid because it is our liquid."

Unless you are telling us that his Holiness is not universal and does not pertains to Christian or that it is not supported by the scripture?

If he were not our holy father, we would not call him "Holy Father."
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Ubenedictus(m): 11:46pm On Apr 12, 2013
ijawkid:
so that means iI should start calling you with title HOLY?
HOLY ubenedictus...lol...
its like saying that because the scriptures says ye are gods,i should then start calling u god ubenedictus....
besides why should the pope be called your Father?..did he in anyway sire you?....
oh, i have no problems with those titles, the apostles went about calling their fellow christians "holy ones" the title doesn't scare me.

And to your question, in a spiritual manner he sired many christians
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by FromGuiriga(m): 3:44am On Apr 13, 2013
italo:

That is what I have to say.

And "grow up" is not an insult. It's an advice.

I don't take advice from these type of people: Idiots and fanatics.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by ijawkid(m): 5:51am On Apr 13, 2013
Ubenedictus: oh, i have no problems with those titles, the apostles went about calling their fellow christians "holy ones" the title doesn't scare me.

And to your question, in a spiritual manner he sired many christians

did he sire you spiritually?...you have been a catholic before he was elected as pope....why call him holy Father?...

I cant remember u calling Italo ,"holy Italo".......
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:21am On Apr 13, 2013
Christians can't even agree on what the bible says. Everybody is justifying their positions with the same bible. Where is the Holy Spirit in all of this?
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 11:22am On Apr 15, 2013
From_Guiriga:

I don't take advice from these type of people: Idiots and fanatics.

Then, at least you can take advice from me.

Besides, you should be humble enough to take advice from even the worst idiot or fanatic. Even they can have a meaningful input in your 'arrogant' life.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by FromGuiriga(m): 2:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
italo:

Then, at least you can take advice from me.

Besides, you should be humble enough to take advice from even the worst idiot or fanatic. Even they can have a meaningful input in your 'arrogant' life.

I told you I don't take advice from idiots or fanatics. They will lead me astray. So forget it.
You don't know anything about my life. Stop being a hypocrite and passing judgement.

Besides, I'm not here to discuss my way or yours. I posted a question and you attacked me without giving any meaningful answer to the question. But what did I expect? That is what fanatics do! and Idiots refuse to correct their fanatics way!!!
It's a vicious cycle bro.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
From_Guiriga:

I told you I don't take advice from idiots or fanatics. They will lead me astray. So forget it.
You don't know anything about my life. Stop being a hypocrite and passing judgement.

Besides, I'm not here to discuss my way or yours. I posted a question and you attacked me without giving any meaningful answer to the question. But what did I expect? That is what fanatics do! and Idiots refuse to correct their fanatics way!!!
It's a vicious cycle bro.

Okay, sorry sir. Don't grow up. Keep acting like a kid.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by FromGuiriga(m): 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
italo:

Okay, sorry sir. Don't grow up. Keep acting like a kid.

No point in growing old to grow ignorant like you. Become a kid like me and learn something.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Ubenedictus(m): 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
ijawkid:

did he sire you spiritually?...you have been a catholic before he was elected as pope....why call him holy Father?...

I cant remember u calling Italo ,"holy Italo".......

it doesn't matter when he became pope, that he is a priest makes him father.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Welcome To This New Month, It Is Your Month Of Perfection. / Revealed: True Reason Why The Black Race Have Remained Backwards...(must Read) / How To Identify The Spirit Of Nebuchadnezzar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.