Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC (14161 Views)

Buhari’s Directive On Salary Payment Impossible – AGF / Presidential Directive: Jonathan’s Men Secretly Returning FG Property / Presidential Directive: Police Detain Four LEADERSHIP Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 03, 2013
Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC

Opposition parties yesterday berated President Goodluck Jonathan over his presidential directive seeking to frustrate their merger into All Progressives Congress (APC).

They said that no amount of presidential directive would stop them from providing a credible alternative to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2015.

The organised labour and some civil societies have also warned the President against unilateral hike against petroleum prices.

According to them, the proposed move will be resisted by Nigerians on the grounds that there is the need for the President to tackle corruption in the petroleum sector and not to punish ordinary Nigerians for incompetence and lack of political will.

LEADERSHIP had exclusively reported on Tuesday about the existence of a presidential directive (PD 95), seeking to frustrate the merging of opposition parties and the proposed hike in petrol prices between N130 and N140. The directive further sought a covert action against former Lagos State Governor Bola Tinubu and five state governors from the PDP perceived to the ‘ambitious’.

Two of the merging parties: the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Congress For Progressives Change (CPC), some civil societies groups and the Labour have criticised the directive, saying that its main intention is against the tenets of democracy.

The opposition parties and others stated this while reacting to the presidential directive dated March 26, 2013.

Read More

1 Like

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Emperor007: 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hhhhmmm

Are you sure?

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by doctokwus: 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
Don't know where leadership got its "scoop",but that document looks fishy to me.D language and direct methods mentioned in tackling some perceived enemies doesn't luk like sth dat comes out of a presidency.I feel its a doctored document,unless d nigerian presidency under GEJ has sunk from low to the bottom

6 Likes

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by gidiMonsta(m): 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2013
This is definitely fake!
Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by takedat(m): 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2013
^And you think those in Leadership Newspaper will have the effrontery to publish a fake document claiming its from the presidency when they know the likely consequence? Why hasn't the SSS swoop in on them? There are lots of moles and cretins in the Villa!

3 Likes

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Pygru: 2:47pm On Apr 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
NONSENSE. THAT IS ABSOLUTE FALESHOOD.
Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by slimghost(m): 3:18pm On Apr 03, 2013
Only a doofus with amala brain will believe this cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by drnoel: 3:26pm On Apr 03, 2013
take dat: ^And you think those in Leadership Newspaper will have the effrontery to publish a fake document claiming its from the presidency when they know the likely consequence? Why hasn't the SSS swooped in on them? There are lots of moles and cretins in the Villa!
are u really asking this question? Did they not raise two front political parties with APC acronym. Guy are u new to the murky waters of Nigerian politics. Yes, I strongly believe people will go to any terms to fraustrate the govenment of GEJ. Am sure u believe that too, u are just playing dumb. Besides look at the plain paper it was written on, no government stationary to depict clearly from where it originated. Its fake.

2 Likes

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by gabriel212: 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
Am a strong supporter of ACN but where is the president signature to bliv this letter?
or nah minutes of meeting?

3 Likes

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
Given the current administration's history of chicanery, this document does have an element of plausibility.

I say this because, whatever the underlying motivations are, it is obvious the Leadership newspaper felt a need to counter Okupe's terse denials issued yesterday, by laying the "smoking gun" bare for all to see.

The presidential spokesman described the claim as false and mischievous, and that it runs against common sense in view of the presidents credentials as a “democrat” who has refused to interfere in the activities of other political parties and INEC.

While noting that the publication attributed its story to "presidential villa insiders", Okupe asserted that the President does not give unlawful directives and has nothing to fear about the proposed merger that will necessitate him planning anything against the business interest of opposition figures as claimed by the newspaper.
Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by slimghost(m): 3:49pm On Apr 03, 2013
drnoel:
are u really asking this question? Did they not raise two front political parties with APC acronym. Guy are u new to the murky waters of Nigerian politics. Yes, I strongly believe people will go to any terms to fraustrate the govenment of GEJ. Am sure u believe that too, u are just playing dumb. Besides look at the plain paper it was written on, no government stationary to depict clearly from where it originated. Its fake.

That shows you what hatred could do to a human brain! still laughing my ass off at his stupidity! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by slimghost(m): 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
eGuerrilla: Given the current administration's history of chicanery, this document does have an element of plausibility.

I say this because, whatever the underlying motivations are, it is obvious the Leadership newspaper felt a need to counter Okupe's terse denials issued yesterday, by laying the "smoking gun" bare for all to see.

Pls sir, to whom is that directive directed to? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Chaiiiiii, i don die

1 Like

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by FrankC3: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
People really think that Presidential Directive is like this piece of paper. I think that this government's attitude of allowing free, unlimited freedom of expression is being abused. In some countries, including Iran, NK or even US all her democracy sermon, forging a document and claiming that it emanated from the highest office in the land, no matter how ridiculous is a serious offence. Even when it is true, such documents are classified and can only be declassified after sometimes, 10 years.

I think that the present Nigerian press will feel the heat when GEJ is done with his tenure because few leaders can tolerate this nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Goddex: 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2013
These GEJ haters are going crazy . . . lol
Atleast this is one of the evidences that about 95% of the mischief cooked
up against GEJ by Punch, Nation, Sahara, Premiumtimes are borne out of shear hate.

I pray some of them haters don't die of hypertension . . . lol

4 Likes

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by takedat(m): 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
drnoel:
I am sure you do not have comprehension problems. Forgery/ document falsification is a crime against the state, one would have expected arrests and clampdown on the media house by the security agencies now, if truly the document purported to have emanated from the presidency is fake. Remember that we are not talking of a blog or an online news outlet with no reputation to protect. This government is hopeless if it can condone such criminality except the government itself is guilty!

3 Likes

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by slimghost(m): 4:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
Frank-C:
People really think that Presidential Directive is like this piece of paper. I think that this government's attitude of allowing free, unlimited freedom of expression is being abused. In some countries, including Iran, NK or even US all her democracy sermon, forging a document and claiming that it emanated from the highest office in the land, no matter how ridiculous is a serious offence. Even when it is true, such documents are classified and can only be declassified after sometimes, 10 years.

I think that the present Nigerian press will feel the heat when GEJ is done with his tenure because few leaders can tolerate this nonsense.

God bless you brother! The amount of stupidity, blind hatred and foolishness exhibited on NL on a daily basis is baffling! Cant believe that a human being with half brains could believe this! SHOCKING shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
slimghost:

Pls sir, to whom is that directive directed to? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Chaiiiiii, i don die

Comrade slimghost, a question like this needs to be directed at Okupe and not Leadership newspaper, which has to protect its sources.

I know you care little for a genuine answer, because the blind-solidarity you subscribe to forecloses any notion that Jonathan is capable of employing subterranean tactics. wink

1 Like

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Goddex: 4:14pm On Apr 03, 2013
take dat: I am sure you do not have comprehension problems. Forgery/ document falsification is a crime against the state, one would have expected security agencies to swing into action/ clampdown on the media house if truly the document purported to have emanated from the presidency is fake. Remember that we are not talking of a blog or an online news outlet with no reputation to protect.

Can you listen to yourself? Lol, fools like you still have hangover of
military mentality by talking about "clampdown on the media house"

For your information, GEJ will not do that.
He granted us freedom of information bill, that is why bingos like you
can open your mouth wide to talk rubbish. It's your mouth, talk! You can even use it to eat my poo . . .

5 Likes

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Joeadamu86: 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2013
This is the epitome of falsehood,where is the signature?please OP stop taking us for granted we are more intelligent than this...

1 Like

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by slimghost(m): 4:16pm On Apr 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Comrade slimghost, a question like this needs to be directed at Okupe and not Leadership newspaper, which has to protect its sources.

I know you care little for a genuine answer, because the blind-solidarity you subscribe to forecloses any notion that Jonathan is capable of employing subterranean tactics. wink

You think am Pro-GEJ? thats a topic for another day! Please comrade, help me answer these question

1. To whom was the directive directed to? grin grin
2. From which office did the directive come out from?
3. Who is signatory to that?
4. Even GEJ needed to issue a directive to JEGA, why would he mix it up with fuel hike issues? shocked shocked

Please help a brother out, comrade eGuerilla

4 Likes

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2013
Frank-C:

Frank-C, since when did our Nation of 1001 porous borders become the equivalent of highly secure NK or Iran? grin

Refineries: Leaked presidential directive influenced Dangote’s withdrawal
By Ihuoma Chiedozie
Published: Sunday, 22 Jul 2007

Indications emerged on Saturday that the Bluestar Oil Services Limited withdrew from the deal on the Port Harcourt and Kaduna refineries following a leaked directive from the Presidency.

It was gathered that the Presidency gave a directive for the revocation of the deal at a meeting with the heads of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and the Bureau of Public Enterprises on Tuesday July 17, 2007 at the State House.

It was also gathered that the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Amb. Babagana Kingibe, was present at the closed door meeting.

Sources disclosed that the presidential directive was apparently leaked, making the Bluestar consortium to immediately pull out of the deal before the letter from the Presidency could arrive.

Bluestar released a statement on Wednesday, explaining that it was relinquishing the majority shares in both refineries.

However, the consortium had on Thursday explained through one of the major partners, Mr. Femi Otedola, that the withdrawal was in good faith.

Otedola‘s explanation came after he met with the President in the State House.

He was also to meet the NNPC Group Managing Director, Mr. Funsho Kupolokun, and the Director-General of the BPE, Mrs. Irene Chigbue, later the same day.

It was gathered that the consortium‘s insistence on a refund of the sum it paid for the refineries was as a result of the alleged presidential directive for the revocation of the deal.

The sale of both refineries was among the grievances that led to the strike by the labour unions shortly after President Umaru Yar‘Adua assumed office.

The Nigerian Labour Congress, which insisted on the revocation of the sales during its negotiations with the Federal Government during the strike, had applauded Bluestar‘s withdrawal immediately the news broke on Wednesday.

Bluestar, a consortium owned by industrialists like Alhaji Aliko Dangote and Otedola, bought the two refineries at $721m as the preferred bidder, giving it a 51% stake in the companies.

In an advertisement on Friday, the consortium said, “Given the events since the privatisation and the continuing vilification of the consortium by the NNPC, the consortium hereby conditionally vacates its interest in the refineries for 12 months effective July 18, 2007 to enable the NNPC deliver its commitment on the following: Operate the refineries at full capacity with minimum 90% capacity utilisation without government funding which in turn will force down prices; and eliminate importation of petroleum products.”
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200707222473039
Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by takedat(m): 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
Goddex:

Can you listen to yourself? Lol, fools like you still have hangover of
military mentality by talking about "clampdown on the media house"

For your information, GEJ will not do that.
He granted us freedom of information bill, that is why bingos like you
can open it wide to talk rubbish. It's your mouth, talk! You can even use it to eat my poo . . .
Another trash talking tool! You must be dumb if you think the FOI allows for media houses to falsify government document. No wonder people have no regard for the occupier of the presidency!
Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Bigsteveg(m): 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
Pygru: Who is tinubu
former eyimba goalkeeper

1 Like

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by tijayjay: 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=eGuerrilla]
Read More[/quote

Only a primary one pupil will believe this nonsense, is this how a presidential directive look like without a stamp and signature. nigerians u na try ooooo, we don pass this level abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by teskyg: 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
GEJ is too weak.How can you allow everybody messed around with that office.For the first time,I admit he is clueless.

1 Like

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Ganys: 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
OMG!!! I can't believe my eyes...I trust Leadership. I'm sure they know the implication. So, there is nothing to doubt about this....
Anxiously watching as the dramer unfolds
Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by slimghost(m): 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
teskyg: GEJ is too weak.How can you allow everybody messed around with that office.For the first time,I admit he is clueless.

Whats your point bro? aint this a democracy?

1 Like

Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2013
tijayjay:
Only a primary one pupil will believe this nonsense, is this how a presidential directive look like without a stamp and signature. nigerians u na try ooooo, we don pass this level abeg.

I suppose you've seen and read a few Presidential directives during your time, eh?

Listen, I am prepared to go with Leadership's account for now, until proven otherwise.
Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by 1shortblackboy: 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2013
1st of all the president is a politician and he is allowed to play his politics within the confines of the law
Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by ochukoccna: 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
Many are busy looking for a signature and fail to realise many a document like this provide us with many of the Nigerian newspaper scoops
Has APC not been having registration challenges so much that Okupe had to deny Ebele been behind their travails
Didnt Ebele personally fly the fuel increase kite 2-3 weeks back
Hasn't the governor of Niger state cried out of presidential hounding
Okat, wait until Jesus comes back before you believe grin grin
Re: Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC by FrankC3: 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Frank-C, since when did our Nation of 1001 porous borders become the equivalent of highly secure NK or Iran? grin

I don't think your question make sense. You remember how 'secure' Nigeria was under Abacha? Some military guys joke that even butterflies get shot down for flying across Aso Drive in Abuja those days. Who publishes this kind of stuff then? Do you know the ills of those societies too? I pointed out NK and Iran because of how folks who know nothing about what happen within those borders talk about them. Now, sincerely tell me (without derailing ofcourse), do you think that anybody can publish this nonsense in Ghadafi's Lybia, in 'post revolution' or even 'pre-revolution' Egypt, in your UK, in Isreal, or even Ghana here. Tell me exactly which country have this kind of press that we have. Can you guess what your Buhari will do if he were to be in Aso Rock and Leadership publishes this crap?

I am sure that if you are Nigerian President nobody can publish this especially when it is false. Well, i will so deal with Leadership for publishing 'classified internal memo' even if what they published is true.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Re-arraigns Dasuki, Others / 16 Reasons why the Planned Fuel Price Hike Doesn't Make Sense / Bbc, Olusosun And Nigerian Middle Class Hypocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.