Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers (28099 Views)

Why Wear An Underwear? / Post Your Nice, Unique Underwear / Why Cant Men Wear Sexy Underwear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 03, 2013
After the fatal gang rape of a 23-year-old student on a New Delhi bus last December, 3 Indian engineering students may have found the solution to protecting one's self from rapists.

The students designed this camisole – dubbed Society Harnessing Equipment or SHE – which has pressure sensors sewn in around the bust area to detect groping hands and send out shock which can be up to 82 electric shocks.

Explaining their design, co-inventor Manisha Mohan said: “A person trying to molest a girl will get the shock of his life the moment pressure sensors get activated.”
She explained that she and colleagues Niladri Basu and Rimpi Tripathy decided to put the wiring into the clothing after a survey showed most women were first groped on their breasts. The women are protected from the current by polymer insulation in the bra.

The makers are currently fine-tuning the design - hoping the garment will be on sale by the end of this month.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2013/04/students-come-up-with-anti-rape.html

2 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by alfaman2: 8:40pm On Apr 03, 2013
It won't work with a gang.

1 Like

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2013
Rapists beware!

2 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
I need one badly! All those yeye men who mistakenly touch my bobbie in a public bus and okada men who intentionally hold their brakes to feel the touch of my bobbie on their backs go hear am! angry

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by OurYansh: 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2013
Touching "free" B R E A S T S will soon become a Hazardous act!!!

Lord why??

This must never get to Nigeria, the gods forbid!!!!

angry

10 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by OurYansh: 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
berem: I need one badly! All those yeye men who mistakenly touch my bobbie in a public bus and okada men who intentionally hold their brakes to feel the touch of my bobbie on their backs go hear am! angry

This post reminds me of something...

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Lanrefahm(m): 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2013
na so rapist dumb? undecided na u go wound ur self, efreborh
its not realy totaly bad buh i will suggest karate knowledge or may be kung fu das will go along way in protecting on self or better still dress decently and work in safe place

1 Like

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by chymystique(f): 11:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
Lolll...this is Funny buh Nice oo. Jst dt et aint Sexy nt ma kinda undies cool
Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 03, 2013
Wetin Nigerian students de do now? lipsrsealed
Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 03, 2013
berem: I need one badly! All those yeye men who mistakenly touch my bobbie in a public bus and okada men who intentionally hold their brakes to feel the touch of my bobbie on their backs go hear am! angry
which bobbie? The one we don flat finish?

8 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 04, 2013
sheyie2007: which bobbie? The one we don flat finish?
STFU and face the topic!

3 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Nightshift(m): 12:07am On Apr 04, 2013
RaRa is evil that shouldn't be touched with hand gloves. Why the hell is NL calling raRa "molestation"? It makes it a simple issue. Many women are traumatized for rest of their lives after raRa. Call it what it is - raRa.
Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 04, 2013
sheyie2007: Wetin Nigerian students de do now? lipsrsealed

Fellowship and bbm things

13 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by GraceBestowed(f): 11:46am On Apr 04, 2013
You go fear high voltage!! You can always backup with Mace, works everytime!!! LooL!

1 Like

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by 32D: 11:48am On Apr 04, 2013
chymystique: Lolll...this is Funny buh Nice oo. Jst dt et aint Sexy nt ma kinda undies cool
whats ur kinda undies *justthinking
Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 04, 2013
dat w0nt st0p qanqbanqerz 4rm phuckin ar0und lyk q0at angry
Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 04, 2013
dey ar phuckin ar0und lyk d0phine
Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by kandiikane(m): 11:53am On Apr 04, 2013
Because of this, I'll start padding my bras to make my chest area seem bigger so to get okada men to press against it like they do berem's. I want to see them writhe in pain. tongue

1 Like

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by valdubem(m): 11:53am On Apr 04, 2013
Its available in my online shop. (Its very cheap)

Oya babes, beg me to drop the link
Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Ama28(f): 11:53am On Apr 04, 2013
Just thinking aloud, what if the person that is electrocuted holds or touch the exposed part of the woman's body, won't he act as a conductor for the current to electrocute the woman since she is only protected at her bosom from the current?

This is a welcome development though and can only be found in a society where innovation is welcomed and appreciated!

5 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by 32D: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2013
even with the polymer insulation, i still consider this a dangerous invention....thumbs up to d ladies though

1 Like

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by braxjay(m): 11:56am On Apr 04, 2013
question... after you have succeeded in annoying the fellow and he survives the shock Wat are you chances of leaving in one piece? undecided undecided undecided

still better to avoid getting in such situations.

1 Like

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by 32D: 11:56am On Apr 04, 2013
u wan electrocute okada man wey carry u abi,,,if d okada man com fall for ground, weytin go com happen to u?

17 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by jhydebaba(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2013
Olosho

2 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by chadef: 11:57am On Apr 04, 2013
this is female inventions against the natural instinct of men to hold booby when they come visiting. so guys beware of electric bra, wen next ur girl come visiting. grin
Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Afritop(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2013
BEFORE IT GETS TO NIGERIA, IT WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH FIRST HEARING BY THE SENATE IN THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY

3 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 04, 2013
alfaman2: It won't work with a gang.
Experience!!! Melo melo rape abi? Yawa don gass for una.

4 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Culbobby(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2013
Are they forgetting rubber hand gloves?

2 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 04, 2013
Ok noted.
Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by Mobsync(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2013
I only pity her friends who'll play with her and mistakenly touch her b00bs. *shakes head in self pity* or even the innocent baby who's hand grabs the mum's b00bs when he's hungry*starts laughing* or even the husband who grabs the "thing" without warning. Lol smiley. As 4 me ooo, na divorce tins, I no send. Bird plenty 4 sky.

2 Likes

Re: Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers by haysal(m): 11:59am On Apr 04, 2013
Can anyone explain 2me ow the thing z powered nd for ow long? Solar?
Btw nice invention! Thumbs up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? / Miss Polo Contestants Hosted By Ben Bruce At Silverbird Gallery / Ladies, Would You Rock This Hairstyle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.