Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President (23389 Views)

Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / Taribo To Osaze: Shut-up & Focus On Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 04, 2013
A former Nigeria defender Taribo West has been accused of serious age fraud by some of the clubs he played for during his professional career in Europe. A Daily Mail (Mail Online) of England publication on Wednesday attributed the statement to ex-president of Partizan Belgrade, Zarko Zecevic.

The former Nigeria centre half, now retired, joined Serbian team Partizan Belgrade in 2002 after leaving Derby County and told club bosses he was 28 when he was actually 40, the paper reported.

Zecevic, has accused him of lying, saying the former defender with Derby County, Plymouth and Inter Milan was lying about his age while insisting that Taribo was actually 40.

Zecevic said, “He joined us saying he was 28. We only later found out he was 40, but he was still playing well so I don’t regret having him on the team.”

But according to the Croatian media, the former defender known for his colourful hairstyles also lied when trying to join Croatia’s Rijeka club. At the age of 44, they said Taribo told club doctors he was only 32. It was only after an examination that the doctors raised suspicions with the club because Taribo’s knees suggested he was older.

He wasn’t signed to the team but later joined Plymouth and then Iranian side Paykan FC, where he ended his career at the age of 46 in 2008.

The retired player, who now works as a pastor in the ministry he started as a player, told The PUNCH on the telephone on Wednesday that it is very suggestive that such matter would be coming up about 10 years after he left that team.

“I don’t really know what they are talking about and that’s why I don’t really have anything much to say. But it is curious that they are raising such matter about 10 years after I left the place. Why was the matter not raised while I was there? Why talk about it long after I retired from the game,” Taribo said.

Age-cheating has been a serious issue in Nigerian football especially since the world football governing body FIFA introduced age-grade competitions. Even though some of the foreign clubs have treated some of the country’s players with suspicions, this is the first bold and direct accusation made against a Nigerian player.

It was not immediately clear under what circumstance or forum that Mr. Zecevic raised the matter.
http://www.punchng.com/news/taribo-was-40-while-claiming-28-ex-partizan-president/

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by IGBOSON1: 12:32am On Apr 04, 2013
I see some positives in this story......how many of us wouldn't like to be fighting fit like that when we hit 40 or 44? Dude must have been showing up all those 18 year old 'spring chickens' in training. grin grin grin Looks like a diet of unripe plantains and catfish is the key to eternal youth then. wink

Taribo, bros carry go abeg!

4 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Ngwakwe: 12:33am On Apr 04, 2013
However, the Coach agreed that he played well and there was no need of debating his age.

End of discussion

5 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Osama10(m): 12:47am On Apr 04, 2013
Na today them know?

2 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by ektbear: 12:55am On Apr 04, 2013
Ngwakwe: However, the Coach agreed that he played well and there was no need of debating his age.

End of discussion

+1

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 04, 2013
Michael Essien enstranged father also claimed Essien is 37 years old. Imagine Samuel Eto claiming to be 30 wheareas he played at USA '94 at the age of 17. Kanu Nwakwo graduated from secondary school in Owerri in 1989 but he claimed he was 16 during Under 17 World Cup in Japan 1993. All these Nigerians and African players need to stop cheating.

11 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Ngwakwe: 1:27am On Apr 04, 2013
Then tell the Europeans to stop using injections that manipulate the pituary gland/ statue of their young athletes and sportsmen

They use medical procedures plus training to brood their young to develop all round body structure thereby cheating Africans in another way.

payless: Michael Essien enstranged father also claimed Essien is 37 years old. Imagine Samuel Eto claiming to be 30 wheareas he played at USA '94 at the age of 17. Kanu Nwakwo graduated from secondary school in Owerri in 1989 but he claimed he was 16 during Under 17 World Cup in Japan 1993. All these Nigerians and African players need to stop cheating.

4 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by musiwa20: 1:46am On Apr 04, 2013
taribo did not lie.. that is taribo correct age.. take my word for it..
why would taribo lie over his age..

he is telling you his true age..

they were not telling lies.

this is why they perform well, it is call eba, it has high rate of Carbohydrate , so it makes them strong and play longer on the field of play..
food in north america make people weaker .. compare to eba.. it make people feel strong..

I became weaker when i stop eating eba.. even when i eat, i know it in my body..
www.nairaland.com/attachments/288033_eba_and_egusi_soup_jpg384b9bf2fa7b0cdd05c2092f8d9b877e

9 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by musiwa20: 1:50am On Apr 04, 2013
if you notice alot of nigeria men develop muscle like weightlighter even while they dont go for body training.. it is the work of eba..

the nigeria national team eat it alot.. they dont eat foreign food. because they make them weak.. but eba makes people very very very strong.

5 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by musiwa20: 1:55am On Apr 04, 2013
Kanu Nwakwo was 17 when he played in fifa world cup.. that is correct age.. he was not telling a lie.. who are you and why are you asking this question. kano did not lie.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 2:02am On Apr 04, 2013
musiwa20: Kanu Nwakwo was 17 when he played in fifa world cup.. that is correct age.. he was not telling a lie.. who are you and why are you asking this question. kano did not lie.

That means he graduated from secondary school in 1989 at the age of 13. LMAO

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by agbalej(m): 2:03am On Apr 04, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
musiwa20: taribo did not lie.. that is taribo correct age.. take my word for it..
why would taribo lie over his age..

he is telling you his true age..

they were not telling lies.

this is why they perform well, it is call eba, it has high rate of Carbohydrate , so it makes them strong and play longer on the field of play..
food in north america make people weaker .. compare to eba.. it make people feel strong..

I became weaker when i stop eating eba.. even when i eat, i know it in my body..
www.nairaland.com/attachments/288033_eba_and_egusi_soup_jpg384b9bf2fa7b0cdd05c2092f8d9b877e
[left][/left]
2iic: A former Nigeria defender Taribo West has been accused of serious age fraud by some of the clubs he played for during his professional career in Europe. A Daily Mail (Mail Online) of England publication on Wednesday attributed the statement to ex-president of Partizan Belgrade, Zarko Zecevic.

The former Nigeria centre half, now retired, joined Serbian team Partizan Belgrade in 2002 after leaving Derby County and told club bosses he was 28 when he was actually 40, the paper reported.

Zecevic, has accused him of lying, saying the former defender with Derby County, Plymouth and Inter Milan was lying about his age while insisting that Taribo was actually 40.

Zecevic said, “He joined us saying he was 28. We only later found out he was 40, but he was still playing well so I don’t regret having him on the team.”

But according to the Croatian media, the former defender known for his colourful hairstyles also lied when trying to join Croatia’s Rijeka club. At the age of 44, they said Taribo told club doctors he was only 32. It was only after an examination that the doctors raised suspicions with the club because Taribo’s knees suggested he was older.

He wasn’t signed to the team but later joined Plymouth and then Iranian side Paykan FC, where he ended his career at the age of 46 in 2008.

The retired player, who now works as a pastor in the ministry he started as a player, told The PUNCH on the telephone on Wednesday that it is very suggestive that such matter would be coming up about 10 years after he left that team.

“I don’t really know what they are talking about and that’s why I don’t really have anything much to say. But it is curious that they are raising such matter about 10 years after I left the place. Why was the matter not raised while I was there? Why talk about it long after I retired from the game,” Taribo said.

Age-cheating has been a serious issue in Nigerian football especially since the world football governing body FIFA introduced age-grade competitions. Even though some of the foreign clubs have treated some of the country’s players with suspicions, this is the first bold and direct accusation made against a Nigerian player.

It was not immediately clear under what circumstance or forum that Mr. Zecevic raised the matter.
http://www.punchng.com/news/taribo-was-40-while-claiming-28-ex-partizan-president/
let Taribo be pls, he has played his part!

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by musiwa20: 2:05am On Apr 04, 2013
the reason why nigeria do well is because the youth spend an average of 20 hour a week from the age of 3 , 52 weeks in a years. that is long hours ... compare to north america children, who play soccer for just an average of 5 hours a week less than 32 weeks a year.

nigeria 20 x 52 = 1040 hours a year

north america children 5 X 32 hours = 160 a years...

1040/ 160 = 6.5 = performance rate.. that why nigeria do better at youth soccer.

2 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by musiwa20: 2:13am On Apr 04, 2013
Taribo knees will show more older because taribo has played more time than an average europe child who is been used as the datum which the scientific parameters was conducted with..

The datum level can not be the same... because each country has different playing time.. if you use the datum level of europe for nigeria. you would be working and coming up with wrong result..

2 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by musiwa20: 2:24am On Apr 04, 2013
if you feed the USA team with eba, they will perfom better on the field.. because they will not be weak.. 90 minute would look like 15 minute to them..

their energy level would triple because of high rate of Carbohydrate . If you doubt me.. a month before the world cup.. the USA team should feed its player with Eba.. and they will seen and measure the extreme energy rate of their players.

research in nigeria has already show the rate of increase of energy level when eating EBA.

what will happen to the USA soccer team if they decide to eat eba for 4 week to the world cup. their energy level would go up. You see, now the USA team energy level is about 40% while the nigeria team i about 90% because of Eba.. After two games at the world cup. the USA team energy level drop to about 15% while the nigeria team will be about 50%. each game thier energy level decrease.

SO what nigeria does 3 weeks before the games is to increase their energy level by feed them most high carbo food call Eba.. to take their energy level to 90% before the first game, while the USA still have the same energy level. of about 40%

4 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by musiwa20: 2:28am On Apr 04, 2013
what happen is that, if you measure the thickness of the average nigeria player calves, it is high than most country. given them more balance on the ground.

2 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by musiwa20: 2:52am On Apr 04, 2013
look at this 2 picture of the USA and nigeria soccer team.. You will notice that.. the legs of the USA team is longer from the pelvic area. while the nigerian have shorter from the pelvin..

the reason is the food the west eat compare to nigerian.. in the west people eat lower Carbohydrate food ... but more of protein food.. protein food grows the body.. highly Carbohydrate food do not make the body grow but strength mostly the muscle.. soccer players needs more muscle ..

and since nigerian have shorter pelvic to foot length.. they are more balance to the ground and people find it difficult to take the ball from them or push them down..

You can see Obama and michelle pelvic to foot lenght is higher than nigeria, because of food, they feed on protein. so what nigeria needs to do is cut down on rice importation and replace with with Bean importation.. Pinto bean is better. This will let nigeria win more gold in sport like basketball, golf,etc which need brain and dropping the ball in hole because their brain will focus more. and their pelvic to foot would increase. And people will live more.. there are more old people in canada than nigeria because nigeria die young because candian eat more protein and fruit in their food.

Nigeria die young because carb work the heart more and they end up having heart problem.

If you look at michelle Obama pelvic to her foot length you will see that they are longer than usually.. protein and milk is the answer.

[img]http://english.ahram.org.eg/Media/News/2013/1/9/2013-634933584675950706-595.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by musiwa20: 2:55am On Apr 04, 2013
i
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by tpia5: 4:16am On Apr 04, 2013
@ topic

see bad belle, chai.

who is making this claim, wetin concern am.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by oluwasola01(m): 8:55am On Apr 04, 2013
lol
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by hardbody: 8:59am On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

That means he graduated from secondary school in 1989 at the age of 13. LMAO

Keep calculating his age while he is creaming out on bucks. It is this same attitude of 'killing our own' that has kept us where we are till date.

Oyinbo no dey cheat for age but them use all manner of medical support but no one is gonna talk about those because being oyinbos they are supreme. Awon mumu oshi

5 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by nisimi09: 9:04am On Apr 04, 2013
LMAO
musiwa20: if you feed the USA team with eba, they will perfom better on the field.. because they will not be weak.. 90 minute would look like 15 minute to them..

their energy level would triple because of high rate of Carbohydrate . If you doubt me.. a month before the world cup.. the USA team should feed its player with Eba.. and they will seen and measure the extreme energy rate of their players.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Willzkid(m): 9:06am On Apr 04, 2013
Musiwa , any maps to support your claims
By the way, you seem to be taking this matter personally

2 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by HAH: 9:07am On Apr 04, 2013
I can remember when one of the golden eagles men that won the 2007 world cup came to check the house given to them by yaradua , he came with wife and two children.

Taribo is fraudulent pastor he should come out clean.

3 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 04, 2013
This reminds me of a naija player that went on trials in the Netherlands and after being confirmed, was told that his bones or whatever would be tested for age verification, before morning, the guy bail cheesy. Anyways sha, it is not only Nigerian players that lie about their age.

Of course Taribobo, you do know what they are talking about. Face up to the music. Accept your mistake and take responsibility for your actions.

You are now in the ministry of Christ,old things have pass away, all things have become anew cool.

4 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Tolexander: 9:09am On Apr 04, 2013
payless: Imagine Samuel Eto claiming to be 30 wheareas he played at USA '94 at the age of 17.
samuel etoo didn't play in USA '94

He was the youngest player in france 1998 at [size=16pt]17years, 99days[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by arantess: 9:10am On Apr 04, 2013
payless: Michael Essien enstranged father also claimed Essien is 37 years old. Imagine Samuel Eto claiming to be 30 wheareas he played at USA '94 at the age of 17. Kanu Nwakwo graduated from secondary school in Owerri in 1989 but he claimed he was 16 during Under 17 World Cup in Japan 1993. All these Nigerians and African players need to stop cheating.
no be small broda, mikel obi(26),real age 32(ask P Square), martins obafemi, taye taiwo, yakubu, aghahowa,chrisantus, stanley okoro....i could go on
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 04, 2013
Whites do it too medically,na part of the game,maradona cheated,marion jones,the list is endless,so they shouldn't claim saint when guilty of the same offence.they did what they know best,and we did what's best for us too.

Cheating is allowed in life,just don't be caught.

5 Likes

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by mumumugu(m): 9:14am On Apr 04, 2013
I thought he was a pastor.
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Orikinla(m): 9:19am On Apr 04, 2013
musiwa20: Kanu Nwakwo was 17 when he played in fifa world cup.. that is correct age.. he was not telling a lie.. who are you and why are you asking this question. kano did not lie.

Bro, no go there.
I knew Kanu personally then when he was in camp and buying Agege bread for his breakfast near our house. grin
Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by Petbuk123(m): 9:20am On Apr 04, 2013
Kai,ds oyinbo dey craze? Una want make hm play well he do am,nw na 2 dey talk trash abt hs age,tel me ao many drugs per day una dey gv dos ppl,4 here we no send drugs,na fud b koko plus herbs,aftr dt na ghost mode.leave d pastor joooh

1 Like

Re: Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President by haitto99(m): 9:20am On Apr 04, 2013
no be new thing o,na so kanu dey claim 36 wen he don nack 45

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghana’s Plot To Destabilise Eagles With COVID-19 Uncovered / Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) / Victor Moses: Spartak Moscow Sign Chelsea Wing-back On Permanent Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.