Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player (15558 Views)

Photos From Joseph Yobo's Big Centenary / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons / Joseph Yobo Chases Mother-in-law From Home - National Enquirer Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by watchindelta(m): 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
why keshi no drive am wit respect? Instaed of wayoway wey him dy use so smh!

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Mayanat: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
I don't know why people are saying all this rubbish talk to yobo I think u shld hear this guy out,I feel what is going thru we knw that is old but so many things this guy shld let us knw about this Amokachi and d coaching crew, but d time is coming that u will ask for Keshi head becos I knw he will soon fail.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
Keshi lacks the administrative experience on how to retire a player, I guess. Yobo is very right in his assertions. Putting 13yrs, I mean 13yrs into a team isnt beans.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
Beaf!:

^
Must you quote the whole thing before you shake your useless head?

Yaba left just lost an inmate.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by mediainspired: 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
Oga Yobo, the great Didier Drogba was dropped from d Cote Dívoire squad that played d last world cup qualifiers, and Drogba didn't go about ranting about 'respect'and blah, blah, blah. angryCote Dívore even won dat match, while Drogba is stil playing regularly wit Galatasary in d champions league(no be europa league sef oo). So, dude, wat dust are u yarning from ur mouth? undecided. And i pity dat guy called Enyeama cos he may be next. He too rants too much dis days. I see keshi building a new generation of SE soon, captained by Mikel. cool

3 Likes

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by HyconBc: 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2013
Is it true that you had a disagreement with
Amokachi? What is the problem between you
and Amokachi
I did not say there is a problem. You are telling me
that but as I said , when the right time comes, I will
talk. One thing I know is that I will always stand for
the truth. I really do not care about the consequences
and who is offended. If they say I should say the
truth, I will always say the truth.
Yobo will talk after he announces his retirement after being frustrated but to say the fact,this guy has always been a mediocre/poor player in the national team...As a captain,may be off the pitch,he plays nonsense on the field
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Goziemiguel(m): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
I no get anytin to say its just dat e don teee wey I coment last na ein I say make I just comment 4 dis 1
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by 2morrow: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
osazee you are right.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Kslib(m): 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
Kx: Dis is unacceptable from a national team captain.
Can he try dis at his club?

Osaze has bn proven right in his tweeter rants wrt to yobos captaincy.
Abeg shut dat ur dry scaly kpomo lips!!! Yes,he can not try this at his club cos his club officials behave differently.. Here we have someone who is bold and wants to let us know the sad things going on behind the scenes and you're here ranting rubbish..
Can you please tell me what yobo said wrong??
Isn't joseph yobo doing his job as the captain to make sure the team is well connected off the pitch..
Is football all about playing and winning games?? Aren't the players also humans who need to attain emotional and mental balance..
If you dont have anything to say just shut up and stop exhibiting the normal follow the crowd mentality your type are known for..
I cant wait for the documentary to come out,atleast that will also expose some of those critical off-the-pitch problems hindering our national team from achieving their vivendi vendico..
Yes,yobo's time is over and we have started enjoying fresh air with new talented boys in our defense but as the team captain,he needs to be shown the exit with respect... I keep telling people,if you like,gather all the best players in the world and put them in your starting 11 and at the same time,there is no connection on and off the pitch btw the players and the coach/coaching crew you wont achieve nada...
Excellent coaches and people who really know what football is really all about will agree with me that "the success of a great footballing team is not neccessarily 100% what happens on the pitch but also depends on how connected the players are to each other and the coach,their mental and emotional balance also matters a great deal"...
Anyway sha,make the documentary show face first,till then....
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by ozodigboo(m): 2:27pm On Apr 05, 2013
U see ? This is a clown that Keshi rehabilitated by fielding him towards the end of matches we were winning, so as to increase his caps.
It now made him to lift the cup - a cup he refused to hand over to any of his mates.
Now he wants to be playing every match.
Yobo PLEASE GO ! You are not better than JJ or Kanu - and they have retired.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by raeez(m): 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
yobo is a typical example of bad leadership when osaze was ranting on twitter he was among the first to tell him to sftu on that they have treated his own ef up he's now joining osaze's camp
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by LEvuls(m): 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
Wil yhu Sharapu there!!!!!
O dika isi congo.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by hardbody: 2:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
Kulas: Lets all be sincere in making comments. For me,Keshi is very wrong.Truly many Nigerians including me have seen that Yobo is depreciating going by his poor performance in the last AFCON and young players like Kenneth Omeruo and others performed far more than him and are no doubts a good replacement for Yobo.I agreed.Again,i see it that Keshi is finding it difficult to tell Yobo openly to go and rest,ie that he is no longer needed in the SE.He would have summon courage as a man and told him in a respectful way that he is no longer needed as he has found competence replacement for him which i believe most Nigerians will support him(Keshi) because we all see that Omeruo and co are far better than Yobo.If keshi had done it in this mature way,it would have given much respect to Yobo considering his position as Captain of the team.Like i said,i support that Yobo retire from SE,but let it be done with respect and not in a disgraceful way.

Perhaps you are right. However, Zobo could also have helped himself manage that respect by not joining issues with his coach. When your boss wants to show that you are inconsequential, what you do is prove yourself. He should just have gone on to play very well for his team, let the question now be, Keshi, why are you not inviting Yobo. At that point, if he invites Yobo and if i were to be Yobo, i will turn down the offer (and make a loud noise about the fact that i turned down the invite) and thereafter retire from the National team. My views...
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Maxymilliano(m): 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
When Kalu Uche was dropped from the AFCON squad, he didn't make noise about it but instead focus on Kasimpasa career & It paid off. Why the cry Yobo?
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by supaeagles(m): 2:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
whisper88: Naija is a damned country... angry
A beg oh! You neva chop food today?
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by MacLovington(m): 2:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yes Yobo's is not the Yobo of 7 years ago. But even if you want to ease him out of Super Eagles AT LEAST CALL THE GUY AND explain the situation.

He might disagree but at least he would have discussed it with Keshi.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
I
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by ladeski: 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
uni-kazzy:
Skipper Joseph Yobo has said that Coach Stephen Keshi cannot make him a part-time player in the Super Eagles. He opens up a can of worms in this interview.

We learnt that you were not happy that you were not fielded in the last game against Kenya. What really happened?

Before people get it twisted, I said and I repeat that nobody communicated with me that I was not going to play against kenya. Nobody communicated to me at all. This is not about Joseph Yobo. This is about the position of the captain of the national team and there should be respect for that position.

There are so many things that happened that I was not happy with but I chose to keep quiet. But I am keeping all that for my documentary. I have been to many Nations Cup and played for over a decade and a lot of things have happened. A lot of things happened at the Nations Cup and I did not talk about them.

When it happened again and I did not get a phone call, I was like saying to myself , here we go again. It is not like I have not experienced such before , I have, but if it keeps coming, there is only so much that I can take and I had to put things straight.

I am not interested in making trouble with anybody but right now, I’m only speaking out because I have had enough.

The coach, Keshi, said that after the Nations Cup in South Africa, that he had a meeting with you and told you that in subsequent matches that he was going to be calling you for some while leaving you out of others. Is it true?

There is absolutely no truth in that statement. After the Nations Cup, he did not call me to say that some games I will play and some games, I would not play. It is absolutely untrue.

I am on top of my game right now, I am a top of my career and I am playing in the Europa Cup. If I’m not that good, I won’t be playing in this competition. This is not about football. This is about principles. Why is Keshi trying to make a part-time player.? If that is his decision, fine but I won’t accept and respect that decision, but if he feels that he does not need me and he tells me that, I would respect that decision. But to say that he called to inform me of his plans, no that is not true.

[size=13pt]I cannot agree to be a part-time player for the national team. If I’m not fit to play or good enough to play, I personally would opt out. I have a reputation to protect. Nigeria is so huge , we have so much talents and as a player, its difficult to come out there and put your head out for competition. So if I am not ready and fit enough, I would say it myself.[/size]

When you saw this, did you bother to call the coach to clear the air?

No, I feel and believe that the coach as the leader, should be able to call his players.

Vincent Enyeama said that you are still the captain of the team but the coach thinks otherwise, so don’t you see a crisis in the team?

In the Super Eagles, to tell you the truth, a lot of things happened in the team that people don’t know about. Players go through a lot, we make a lot of sacrifice but when something goes wrong a bit, we get crucified, even when we are not at fault. A lot of things happened at the Nations Cup in South Africa. A lot of things also happened at our Faro camp, which people don’t know. But because we are adults, we keep these things to ourselves. These things are not good at all but we allow things to lie low.

Communication seems to be a big problem in the Super Eagles. First, Osaze complained, then Emenike also complained and now you are coming out to complain. Everybody blamed Osaze for his twitter rage but what do you think is going on.

There is absolutely a communication breakdown in the national team. If you are in a position of authority, you have to take all the responsibilities. A lot of things go wrong in the national team and that’s it. All the time, they seem to sideline the players. Players are supposed to be communicated with, especially after a massive event.

They need to ask how we are getting on in our clubs, has your injury healed, what is going on with your wife but these things do not happen. We go back to our clubs, we do not hear from them. We are like children and we also have children, who look up to us. Can they do so to their children? As I said, there is a real communication breakdown in the Eagles.

Can you let Nigerians know some of the problems that happened in faro first and the Nations Cup because if you want to solve a problem, you need to know what the problems are.

As I said, it’s a lot of and I am saving them for my documentary. We won the Nations Cup, everybody participated to make it a success. The coaches played their roles, the backroom staff also did theirs, the NFF played their roles and the players also contributed their quota.

As the captain, I never thought I would go through the things that I went through to be able to put the team together. A lot of things happened but we had to put them aside so that we can achieve the victory in South Africa.

But people have forgotten that it was not done by one person. I have sacrificed and I do not want to see what I am
not supposed to see. This is my stand. The position of the captain should be respected and I am saying this because of the future. It is not about playing because players feel disrespected and ignored if they are not communicated with.

Is it true that you had a disagreement with Amokachi? What is the problem between you and Amokachi

I did not say there is a problem. You are telling me that but as I said , when the right time comes, I will talk. One thing I know is that I will always stand for the truth. I really do not care about the consequences and who is offended. If they say I should say the truth, I will always say the truth. I have never disrespected anybody in my career. In my 13 years of professional career, they have never fined me for a day , so that tells you the type of person that I am. So when I speak up, people should understand where I am coming from.

Is it true that you disagreed and made them to share money across board with everybody at the Nations Cup.

Yes, I think it was with some bonuses . These were incentives that were not part of the official NFF bonus. When incentives come like that, as the captain of the team, I approach the coaching crew and I think it was wise for me to do it.

Even for the backroom staff, who people did not see but they put in a lot of efforts for us to achieve what we did at the Nations Cup. So it was wise for us to share it equally, even if, it meant that I will take the least, because we are like a family and we are building a team spirit.

Some of the things you are saying now are so similar to what Osaze said, initially though, you said then that he was childish

Osaze is a wonderful person. We spoke recently. I just thought that Osaze presented his case probably at the wrong time and the wrong way. Yes, certain things that he said are true. Before the away game in Liberia, I called Osaze to let him know that I was aware of certain things which were not going well in the national team but told him that I needed his support as a senior player, we need him and his experience to build this team together. Some of the things he said are very right but like I said, we need to stick together.

His thoughts about Osaze activism on social media - twitter?

I think that he likes it of that is one of his hobbies. But I do not like it and do not have a twitter account because if I go on social media, I have a lot of things to say that would shock people

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/joseph-yobo-uncensored-i-cant-be-a-part-time-eagles-player/
At this rate you will be a NO-TIME PLAYER !

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by supaeagles(m): 2:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yobo's greatest contribution in our recent nation's cup victory was to lift the cup and by that I mean the act of physically lifting the cup tongue. Coach Keshi did a fantastic job of managing him well by limiting his playing time after his disastrous 1st outing.

Mr Yobo, let our recent memories of you be of that iconic image of you lifting the cup. please do not risk super eagles nation turning against you by acting like a petulant kid. It is no longer business as usual with the new super eagles - you need to work hard to earn your spot and if you do not make the team, there is no harm in just sitting back and joining the supporters club like the rest of us. Your name has been written in the good parts of super eagles history - a beg no spoil am!
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Goke7: 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
Can I ask a question Please, how will Keshi tell Yobo with respect that he is no longer relevant to the national team without Yobo still ranting, we Africans by our nature find it difficult to let go even when the ovation is loudest. There is no way you can tell an African man with respect that he is no longer needed without any bad feelings, let's be honest and appreciate keshi's headache for once. It would have been easier if Yobo had retired voluntarily immediately after the nations cup. Former France International Trezequet retired without any qualms when he knew the coach then was no longer interested in him. We Africans should learn how to manage our emotions [same goes for Osaze, Emenike e.tc.] or is playing for the National Team now a do or die affair? Just asking! Yobo cannot be in the National Team forever after all we all will soon start complaining of recycled players.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by badnature: 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
e consing us?
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by ITbomb(m): 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
uni-kazzy:

[size=13pt]I cannot agree to be a part-time player for the national team. If I’m not fit to play or good enough to play, I personally would opt out. I have a reputation to protect. [/size]
C'mon , that is exactly what we were expecting you to do , not ranting on the internet.
As a captain , Keshi has politely and respectfully given you signs that you are no longer needed.
Aside, we expected you to retire after spending less than 5 mins on field in South Africa, what are you waiting for?
Still waiting for extra dollars from Adenuga for winning a match you did not play?

3 Likes

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by TableLeg(m): 3:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yobo, you need to retire ..... and focus on getting another 1 or 2 years out of the top flight in Europe!!!
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Rossikk(m): 3:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
Kulas: Lets all be sincere in making comments. For me,Keshi is very wrong.Truly many Nigerians including me have seen that Yobo is depreciating going by his poor performance in the last AFCON and young players like Kenneth Omeruo and others performed far more than him and are no doubts a good replacement for Yobo.I agreed.Again,i see it that Keshi is finding it difficult to tell Yobo openly to go and rest,ie that he is no longer needed in the SE.He would have summon courage as a man and told him in a respectful way that he is no longer needed as he has found competence replacement for him which i believe most Nigerians will support him(Keshi) because we all see that Omeruo and co are far better than Yobo.If keshi had done it in this mature way,it would have given much respect to Yobo considering his position as Captain of the team.Like i said,i support that Yobo retire from SE,but let it be done with respect and not in a disgraceful way.

Dude, Keshi was just giving the guy due respect and hoping the bobo would get the message and call it a day on his own accord, rather than being shown the door. That's the Naija way. Na Yobo dey fck up.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by kingcobra1(m): 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yobo wants to play 100 games for SE bt keshi n his assistants dnt want yobo to break dat record
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
After playing in 2 world cups and several nations cups, i wonder what d dude is still looking for, despite his average and below average performances since he joined the national team. Yobo has never been a star player, and i have never really had up to 60 percent confidence in his play.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by katordidi(m): 3:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
if u cant open up then shut the hell up and stop lookin for sympathy from nigerians cos u wont get it. Plus u were definately a part time player at the last afcon. Or would u rather be called up and left on the bench?
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Blackbody20(m): 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
Rossikk:

Dude, Keshi was just giving the guy due respect and hoping the bobo would get the message and call it a day on his own accord, rather than being shown the door. That's the Naija way. Na Yobo dey fck up.
Rossikk:

Dude, Keshi was d call it a day on his own accord, rather than being shown the door. That's the Naija way. Na Yobo dey fck up.
Rossikk:

na so e be o!
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by Goke7: 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
king cobra: Yobo wants to play 100 games for SE bt keshi n his assistants dnt want yobo to break dat record

But there are still friendly games ahead of which he can still make that feat, I think the guy is just been too hasty and not willing to understand, we cannot risk our very important games because of some recording breaking adventure.
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by alexchiny: 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
Osaze has been vindicated! He must be having a good laugh now grin grin grin
Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by heavylaro: 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yobo should have gracefully hung his boots after the AFCON 2013.he contributed less than 10% in d AFCON victory yet he was allowed 2 lift the cup...he should have bowed out when the ovation was loudest!
Even in their so called clubs when u are no longer fit,someone else takes ur place without the coach informing you.for example casillas of real madrid. The national team comes first!!!

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Uncensored! I Can’t Be A Part-Time Eagles Player by shadrach77: 3:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
DID YOU KNOW: That the (soon to be ex) captain Joseph Yobo is Nigeria's most capped player (95 caps) smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bet9ja.com Registration : How To Create An Account With ... / Asisat Oshoala Is African Player Of The Year For A Record Sixth Time. / Activist Prays For Mali To Defeat Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.