Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,041 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business (7394 Views)

100 Fresh New Business Ideas For 2015 + How To Get Funding / Venture Capital Funding For Dotcom Startups In Nigeria? / Where Can I Get Funding For My Sme "ice Block Making Business" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by oduz: 8:03am On May 05, 2013
lynx200:
Thanks for the interest Oduz. I will send you a PM so that we can exchange details and talk better.

PM received with thanks & instantly replied, Cheers

The Land is Green cool
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by vingi(f): 11:13pm On May 05, 2013
Interesting!
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by just85501(m): 12:48am On May 06, 2013
please if this thread is still open:
I and my school mates at Ahmadu Bello
University have created a very Unique and
powerful Business Idea, that is sure to be one
of the Biggest companies from Africa within
the next three years (No exaggeration)we
have registered the company as FlashIntel Ltd
RC 1045598. The problem is our start up
capital is relatively huge matter of fact, it does
not fall under the small and medium
enterprise category and the source of Finance
disappointed us. we have taken the Idea to
Banks to fund it, while it is not easy
convincing Nigerian Banks to fund start-up
companies, we have been able to convince
Keystone bank plc and First bank plc, the
problem is they both claim that no bank can
go 100% to fund a new project we are
required to come up with 30% of our start up
cost as equity and that is about N280M, we
don't have that kind of Cash and the so called
venture capital firms are market women
associations with fancy offices so I am
soliciting to the rich guys online who have
dormant cash in account to join us as we
build this company. we are sure (and the
banks are convinced about this)that in the
first 18-24 months of operation, we will
record a total of over 370 million U.S dollars,
that is a hard and honest, real projection. like
i said, the Business Idea is strong and would
monopolize a certain sector of the Nigerian
market. please help us share this around even
if you don't have money...the company will
affect millions of African youths and pave way
for a whole new world....contact me via:
08083256618, 08138567071, or via my email
address: just85501@gmail.com, you can also
sort me out on Facebook:Infinity Christopher
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by oduz: 1:37pm On May 06, 2013
vingi: @OP or any prospective investor, i run an educational support services in other words,an educational consultant and I recently introduced a special service after identifying the major problems school owners are usually faced with(have been in the bussiness for over 10years) and was surprised with the response I received dat my initial capital could not meet up with demand,believe me there's good money in school bussiness. anyone interested shuld call me up to get the full details or send me a mail while I reply with full details,sorry can't spill all right here. Email- talktoeny@gmail.com or u call 07030596142.

Sounds interesting ...............
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by ANAgency(m): 2:25pm On May 06, 2013
Want to start e-store that will be selling tablet pcs, blackberry phones,solar chargers e.t.c

I need financial partner of about N100,000 and above.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by elvis10ten(m): 7:06am On May 07, 2013
I have searched for investors for the past 5 weeks. I found many on this thread, we exchanged mails. Up till now none of them reply my mails, the few i can contact keep posponding this for no really clear reason. NOW I AM TIRED OF GETTING CALLS FROM CUSTOMERS WITH COMPLAINT, I PROMISED THEM NEW AND IMPROVED APP AND SITE FOR THE PAST 5 MONTH. I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR ONLY 48,000 to get a pc. This might be to pay back later OR ANY OTHER WAY. Please
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by oduz: 7:41am On May 08, 2013
elvis10ten: I have searched for investors for the past 5 weeks. I found many on this thread, we exchanged mails. Up till now none of them reply my mails, the few i can contact keep posponding this for no really clear reason. NOW I AM TIRED OF GETTING CALLS FROM CUSTOMERS WITH COMPLAINT, I PROMISED THEM NEW AND IMPROVED APP AND SITE FOR THE PAST 5 MONTH. I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR ONLY 48,000 to get a pc. This might be to pay back later OR ANY OTHER WAY. Please

Dear Fellow investors, this gentleman deserves some attention, particularly as a symbol of the new generation that he represents,

I am impressed by your humble presentation of the truthful position of things here, which is different from the arrogant posturing in the other thread

I have earlier confessed that I am not a Techie, but was impressed by the comments some of them made, and also was equally scared when they withdrew

I however wanted to know what the complaints of prospective investors are, so that we can find a way to overcome it, but you said there was none. IF TRUE that may not be the best position to leave an aspiring entrepreneur, when I opt out of ventures I try to leave enough suggestions on what I perceive to be challenges that the business needs to overcome to move faster.

This business needs improved packaging, a better rating of your competition & the value of the capital requirements

I hope to send you a more detailed mail later today to suggest solutions and way forward

Best Wishes cool
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 11:48am On May 08, 2013
just85501: please if this thread is still open:
I and my school mates at Ahmadu Bello
University have created a very Unique and
powerful Business Idea, that is sure to be one
of the Biggest companies from Africa within
the next three years (No exaggeration)we
have registered the company as FlashIntel Ltd
RC 1045598. The problem is our start up
capital is relatively huge matter of fact, it does
not fall under the small and medium
enterprise category and the source of Finance
disappointed us. we have taken the Idea to
Banks to fund it, while it is not easy
convincing Nigerian Banks to fund start-up
companies, we have been able to convince
Keystone bank plc and First bank plc, the
problem is they both claim that no bank can
go 100% to fund a new project we are
required to come up with 30% of our start up
cost as equity and that is about N280M, we
don't have that kind of Cash and the so called
venture capital firms are market women
associations with fancy offices so I am
soliciting to the rich guys online who have
dormant cash in account to join us as we
build this company. we are sure (and the
banks are convinced about this)that in the
first 18-24 months of operation, we will
record a total of over 370 million U.S dollars,
that is a hard and honest, real projection. like
i said, the Business Idea is strong and would
monopolize a certain sector of the Nigerian
market. please help us share this around even
if you don't have money...the company will
affect millions of African youths and pave way
for a whole new world....contact me via:
08083256618, 08138567071, or via my email
address: just85501@gmail.com, you can also
sort me out on Facebook:Infinity Christopher

Base on experience, i would say your pitch wasnt a good one. I will analyse your pitch to prove my statement.

The are pitching for an idea that is worth 250 million naira without a hint of what the idea is all about. The highest pitch on the popular dragons den investment program america and europe was never close to that your required about.250 million naira is equivelent to 1.4 million euros and 2 million dollar. You expect some private individual to promote ur idea without with just a post on nairaland?

If you claimed your ideahas been registered.i guess you are talking about patenting.if it has been patented,why not share the idea and give investors a graps. If its just mare business registration, i would say you have nothing to offer then.

Higher investment comes with security backup and if you dont have a patent.what makes u think the idea is worth a thing. U dont expect investors to put in money in your business that you registered for less than a 100 euros .

So if u are ready for business,there are my advice

Get a patent- at least to cover the whole of africa. With that you are assured of making more money as your idea will have a going concern.
Try to cut down on your capital- no nl investor will put in 250 million .i did prefer to appear on dragons den with that capital .

The best way to start is to start small. Pick a local, the. Grow onto region and national.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by hottprince: 4:37pm On May 08, 2013
@elvisten, from my own end the main thing here is left with u.
1 u said u built d app wit ur mobile phone which I know is impossible.(From what kodewriter said u told his friend)
2 u failed to prove how u got ur programming knowledge,because I find it hard to believe that a 14 year old s.s 1 student can do such with d kind of education system we have in nigeria, especially when he doent have a pc.
3 I told u I'm studying law right? So I know its very dangerous n unadviseable to deal with a minor especially when u won't be 18 in a year or two.

All these may be what is keeping other investors out and part of the reasons that I'm still sceptical bout the whole thing.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by elvis10ten(m): 8:31pm On May 08, 2013
hottprince: @elvisten, from my own end the main thing here is left with u.
1 u said u built d app wit ur mobile phone which I know is impossible.(From what kodewriter said u told his friend)
2 u failed to prove how u got ur programming knowledge,because I find it hard to believe that a 14 year old s.s 1 student can do such with d kind of education system we have in nigeria, especially when he doent have a pc.
3 I told u I'm studying law right? So I know its very dangerous n unadviseable to deal with a minor especially when u won't be 18 in a year or two.

All these may be what is keeping other investors out and part of the reasons that I'm still sceptical bout the whole thing.
1)visit www.mumey.wen.ru and download j2me sdk mobile. Thats an arsenal in your java phone with it you can build any app from simple to semi-complex. Doubt me, check the site, download it and code.
2)you can come to my place in port harcourt to confirm, you can do that. I self taught myself with the help of google. You can also contact my parents.
3)I KNOW I MIGHT BE TOO YOUNG FOR THIS. MY KNOWLEDGE OF BUSINESS IS AT A BASIC LEVEL, YOU CAN'T BE A BOSS AT ALL FIELD. GOOGLE FOUNDERS CODED MAINLY, THEY LATER HIRED A C.E.O, THEY WERE EVEN RELUCTANT TO GO PUBLIC. Am not comparing Xmx Me with google but am just giving a point. MY PARENTS CAN ALSO BE INVOLVED IF NEEDED. Please, i don't want my idea to go down the drain like others.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by hottprince: 12:03am On May 09, 2013
Elvis pls don't think I'm resenting u, I'm just trying to help I'm glad u got me on No 1 and I'll like us to tackle d remaining two,
I'm not doubting ur age why should I? I'm just finding it difficult to see how a SS 1 student can do all these
Then also its not only bout parental consent d law does not permit entering into any form of contract/agreement with a minor except in cases of necessities (I.e food,clothing n shelter)
No one can predict the future but, there's a lot at stake in entering into a contract with a minor.

I also wish for ur idea to get out so d only way I can proceed with u is to minimise my 'losses' n protect myself is to cut down my initial proposed amount by at least 2/3.
My only advise is to find someone else who is willing to take a risk, I'm sorry but one can't be too careful, especially when there's a lot at stake.

BTW I didn't pick ur call when u called cos at that time, the chelsea match was still on.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by elvis10ten(m): 6:29am On May 09, 2013
hottprince: Elvis pls don't think I'm resenting u, I'm just trying to help I'm glad u got me on No 1 and I'll like us to tackle d remaining two,
I'm not doubting ur age why should I? I'm just finding it difficult to see how a SS 1 student can do all these
Then also its not only bout parental consent d law does not permit entering into any form of contract/agreement with a minor except in cases of necessities (I.e food,clothing n shelter)
No one can predict the future but, there's a lot at stake in entering into a contract with a minor.

I also wish for ur idea to get out so d only way I can proceed with u is to minimise my 'losses' n protect myself is to cut down my initial proposed amount by at least 2/3.
My only advise is to find someone else who is willing to take a risk, I'm sorry but one can't be too careful, especially when there's a lot at stake.

BTW I didn't pick ur call when u called cos at that time, the chelsea match was still on.
OK.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by oduz: 12:58am On May 10, 2013
hottprince: Elvis pls don't think I'm resenting u, I'm just trying to help I'm glad u got me on No 1 and I'll like us to tackle d remaining two,

The first issue I raised with this project (on the other thread by elvis) was the legality of agreements with a minor
For which he assured me of parental consent

You have also through your post indicated protection for the second issue I raised, which was my low level technical savvy

Consequently I hereby renew my INTEREST by choosing to team up with you to support this project

You (HottPrince)may PM me soonest, so that we can strategize on how to give it a rapid response

Best Wishes cool
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Negro1: 9:37pm On May 10, 2013
@elvis pls where did u buy ur units, I wish to buy for my new bulk sms business
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by elvis10ten(m): 1:19pm On May 11, 2013
Waiting
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 21, 2013
Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter, internet entrepreneurs of iROKOtv and Nollywood fame, announced last Wednesday the official launch of SPARK, a $1m-backed company to support and develop aspiring Nigerian tech and Internet entrepreneurs. “We aren’t just an incubator, we aren’t just an investor – we are a company that builds companies”.

Read more and share your ideas on

http://www.africanpark.com Nigerian Business park
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Bestbaby12(f): 2:35pm On May 21, 2013
i have an idea,but i don't know how to write
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 21, 2013
Bestbaby12: i have an idea,but i don't know how to write

Hi bro,

I can help you make a write up of your idea for free. visit www.africanpark.com and you will get an idea on how to write a business idea pitch.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
The following are gold mine:

1: Vegetable Oil Refinery

2: Solvent Extraction Plant

3: Rice Milling Plant.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by mrsage(m): 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
Manufacturing is the blood of any economy.
A young and dynamic SME in Ogun State is seeking investors to invest in the business. The firm is involved in production and marketing of natural cosmetics. The product is duly registered and already in the market.
The product is also available in two west african countries and being sold in one European country.
The product has positive market acceptance within and outside Nigeria.
At this point, the company needs funds for expansion, product enhancement and publicity.

The promoters of the business are ready to sell shares in the business or consider a loan package.

For more information, contact:itunuomotayo@yahoo.com

You can also leave a post on this thread.
If you have any valuable information, please feel free to share.
Thank You

Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by maxibrainz: 6:34am On Jun 04, 2013
Get the Etisalat magic sim
settings which you can use
to browse and download
unlimitedly both on phone
and PC.You can also use it
to ping on your Blackberry
phone,take note when you
are configuring the etisalat
magic sim settings you
don't need to subscribe for
any etisalat BIS plan. so it
does not involve using BIS
as many people thought.
Airtel unlimited gigabyte is
also available so if you
need it send your request
to my email maxibrainz55@
gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by elvis10ten(m): 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
bump.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by kingagropro1: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
somebody: How about a nairaland version of Dragon's Den? For those who don't know/watch it - Dragon's Den is a reality TV show which features entrepreneurs pitching their ideas to potential investors for an equity investment. On this thread, entrepreneurs could pitch their ideas to Dragon's who could potentially finance their business. Personally, I am happy to fund good business ideas BUT with a maximum cap which I will not disclose. Also happy to co-invest if my maximum investment is reached. My interest lies in this because I am not a business people and would rather see my money go to work as opposed to leaving it in the bank. Please note the due diligence will be carried out and legal documents will be need to be signed before any investments are made.

Personally, I am NOT interested in ideas like forex and animal farming, would like to hear more original ideas. Just give a vague overview so the idea is not copied and discussions can be taken offline after signing a non disclosure agreement which protects the entrepreneur.

So the thread is open to entrepeneurs and potential investors grin - lets hear from you.

@somebody: i will be very honest with you that as a consultant, i am weary of the veracity of ur intentions and ur thread. Like seriously, do you expect people to come churn their creative ideas here publicly on NL? Perhaps maybe the young and inexperienced entrepreneurs.

We do not know your profile, personality, website or better still nothing about you. The concept of Dragons Den isnt meant for masqurade angel investors or venture capitalists.

If indeed you say you are interested in this, then more is required of you. I am sure you wouldnt expect i should past an executive summary of an idea i have laboured for just here.

But if your unsuspecting preys appreciate this your approach, then who am i.

All i have simple said is, your email would have been sufficient for exec summaries not on the pages of Nairaland Nigeria PLC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

After Record Loss, Nigeria’s Equities Market Rebounds / BANK *737#: Introducing The Amazing *737# Experience / Buying Cars By Bidding On Copart.com, Auctionexport.com, And Other Auction Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.