Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,795 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? (24578 Views)

Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria / List Of All Online Stores In Nigeria / Why Won't People Use The Online Stores In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by kanor: 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
Abrantie: A name like walahi should tell you to stay away grin

@, Most web businesses take perculiar names. See yahoo, google, and even amazon. Do u know the meaning of yahoo?
Walahi could be an easy name to remember and spell.

When it come to books, I think Walahi.com is the most reliable source for me. I am doing an online masters program and was recommended by the university to buy my books frm them. I received my latest ordered copies of Supply chain mgt + Operations strategy. It took 7 days to get the delivery. I have also been to their office and have met the young guy running it.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 06, 2013
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by agabaI23(m): 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
chaircover:

Agabaaaaaa!!!!! . . . are you joking kiss kiss kiss
Thank you for your patronage oooooo!!!!!! & your comments grin
Which wipes are these? i can get you more if you want.
Hmmmm about supply of designer shirts. I only stock things that I personally select and buy myself and therefore can vouch for their quality. I dont buy from third parties.
Not joking at all. Your shop is just few meters from a bank and very close to an intersection. I bought an M&S ladies brown shoes also for someone. The facial wipes is olay brand. I Was just in Ibadan briefly so you will have to deliver at an address outside Ibadan. About the designers, I think the lady came to solicit for ur patronage. That was in October last year. She wanted me to buy from her.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by dnawah(m): 10:45pm On Apr 06, 2013
hrmkz: Why do I need online store when I can go buy anything anytime!!!
yes na!the bush man,in the savanna doesn't need to buy any canned beef or fish.since he has a long spear to kill any animal @ any time.gringrin

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 06, 2013
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by sassyangel1(f): 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
trumpcoat: We are committed to provide quality painting for your home for a reasonable price. Whether it is one room or the entire house, our experience allows us to complete the job quickly and professionally.

http://professionalpainter.gnbo.com.ng/
Where do u reside n i'll like 2 knw ur charges to paint a room n parlour.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by agabaI23(m): 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
chaircover:
You are right . . .so right smiley
The shop has now moved now further down the road. The govt is making the road a dual carriageway so the shops along that stretch had to make way for the road. I dont have any olay wipes (you are right, you bought the last lot LOL) and I havent restocked that brand since then, but I can certainly get them for you and get them sent to you. Shame because I just sent a consignment to Nigeria yesterday. never mind.

Wow wow wow . . . it is indeed a small world.
Very small world. Never crossed my mind the shop belonged to a nairalander. Well I am glad it is yours. Very well then, I will wait for the next container everything being equal lol.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by agabaI23(m): 11:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
Lol, glad you now know. Be sure they will be flying off the shelf as the enter. Leave me a message in the exercise thread when they arrive and I will take it from there.
chaircover:

container LOL. Nice to know that I have nairalanders patronizing me . . especially special nairalanders like agaba my rep partner. BTW I fully know what those are now wink

Yes I will def add your wipes to my shopping list. They werent a fast moving product so I didnt replace them when they finished but for you, they are going back on the shelf
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by ceaser: 12:10am On Apr 07, 2013
twinstaiye: I had bought items from nearly all of them. Taafoo, jumia, laurensonline, konga, dealdey, aliexpress etc. The only bad experience i had was when I bought a netbook from Jumia, when I powered it on, I discovered the hard disk was faulty. when I called their customer care, I was told to fill a form online and wait for their reply, since i wasnt in Lagos. I found it too cumbersome and unrealistic, so I decided to buy another hard disk, and put the netbook into workable condition. My advice, if you are buying anything, let it be something that is expendable, i.e something that even if worse come to worst, you wont feel bad about
How'd you go about buying from aliexpress being a foreign - I think chinese - store? What was the delivery like and what payment options did you use? In short, could you outline step by step your transaction with 'em as i hope to patronise 'em soon. Thanks.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by WhyAWhy(m): 1:03am On Apr 07, 2013
It's a pretty new experience in nigeria. I have used Konga.com without any issue

Please Dealdey.com is NOT an ONLINE Store.. don't confuse it with anything. Dem don put it there already "deal" means, they help you find deals around and connect you with the vendors directly.. that's not hard to figure out isn't it

I also discovered http://www.buynownow.com/, this ones even sell pepper, onions, etc.. I think they use the same model with Jumia.

Another unique one is www.1500naira.com, I haven't tried it at all but I think it is owned by one of the co-founders of
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by ddestiny20(m): 2:44am On Apr 07, 2013
For your original UK used blackberry check my link in my signature for the prices direct from UK.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by shevon: 3:21am On Apr 07, 2013
Red-Light:
lol so u didnt collect it? shocked

Why should he? His own is even better. Jumia will take more than a week and even when they tell you they are delivering, the delivery guy will be bold enough to tell you that he has too many things to delivery (as if he is doing you a favor) The most annoying thing about Jumia (even when they were Kasuwa.com) is that they advertise items they don't have; so, you place orders for what they don't have and it takes forever for them to even tell you they don't have it.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by capoditutticapi(m): 4:14am On Apr 07, 2013
pDude:

Onye nzuzu. angry

Keep your mouth shut. I wrote my own reply and opinion to the topic. Write yours and stop quoting me.
LOL! U dey vex oo
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by young9ja(m): 6:51am On Apr 07, 2013
pDude:

Ok tongue
http://www.aliexpress.com is my best online shop
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by unikbabe: 7:20am On Apr 07, 2013
My experience was good.I've been shopping with brief essentials and dey've been delivering my items.Their services are superb
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by aieromon(m): 7:54am On Apr 07, 2013
This is the teething phase. There are untapped potentials for investors entering this sector. Its just a matter of time. The first set face the risks/challenges and when they strike gold,the others jump in.

Dealdey has served me well so far.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by aieromon(m): 7:58am On Apr 07, 2013
chaircover:

container LOL. Nice to know that I have nairalanders patronizing me . . especially special nairalanders like agaba my rep partner. BTW I fully know what those are now wink

Yes I will def add your wipes to my shopping list. They werent a fast moving product so I didnt replace them when they finished but for you, they are going back on the shelf

Your website is improving by the day. I wish you success.

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2013
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by ceaser: 9:36am On Apr 07, 2013
young9ja: http://www.aliexpress.com is my best online shop
How'd you go about buying from aliexpress
being a foreign - I think chinese - store? What
was the delivery like and what payment
options did you use? In short, could you outline
step by step your transaction with 'em as i
hope to patronise 'em soon. Thanks.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by vivianc(f): 9:36am On Apr 07, 2013
chaircover:

Thank you very much. We are trying our best in a very harsh environment but we will def get there smiley

I love ur site, do u deliver to any part of the country or just Lagos and Ibadan?
Do you accept payment on delivery policy?
Can someone give you the design of dresses she wants, are the dresses of good quality?

I really wanna know, online shopping scares me but I know Chaircover is a reliable name on NL.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 07, 2013
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by vivianc(f): 10:02am On Apr 07, 2013
chaircover:

Thank You kiss

We deliver all over Nigeria. No sorry for now its pay up front, simply because we dont have our own personal couriers but use TNT and they wont take paynents on our behalf, but we are constantly looking at ways to improve things.

Everything we sell are of good quality. Like i said, I dont buy from third parties but walk into shops myself here in the UK and inspect and buy everything personally or buy direct from my wholesalers.

Yes if you have something in particular that you want, send me the link and I will buy it for you and send it down with my next consignment. So yes I can act as a shopping service for you if that is what you want. It is my biz and so can be flexible with customer requirements.

Ok, thank u.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by ajos(m): 10:26am On Apr 07, 2013
all dis online stores r not genuine...not recognise by d real interswitch...dey generate their own webpay page...visit www.quickteller.com to see d only approve online transactions by interswitch & co.the reason for dis is incase after ur payment and no delivery,how do u claim ur money genuinely....them go deny/delay u....shine ur eyez all dis web programmers with fine websites might probably belong to a scammer drinking cofffe/juice/wine at his confort,forming online store...check ur ATM cards,contact interswitch for the sites u wish to transact wether is genuine...nobe becos of online cheap tings or d levels u wan't form go mek ur account RUN DRY WITH JUST ONE WICKED CLICK BY UN-KNOWN MUGU....
SHINE UR EYES...NIGERIANS DON BREAK RECORD INTERNATIONALLY...NO FALL MUGU...INSTEAD FALL A CUSTOMER....WATCH BEFORE U CLICK PLS
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Chrisvicmall: 10:35am On Apr 07, 2013
ceaser:
How'd you go about buying from aliexpress
being a foreign - I think chinese - store? What
was the delivery like and what payment
options did you use? In short, could you outline
step by step your transaction with 'em as i
hope to patronise 'em soon. Thanks.

For steps by steps on how to purchase from Aliexpress, go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1186199/it-yourself-importation-guide-free and also the season two https://www.nairaland.com/1116339/it-yourself-importation-guide-free
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Jeezy: 10:49am On Apr 07, 2013
pekelepekele: its too risky! . Hell no!. I almost ordered a 64inch plasma tv through Jumia and something came to my mind are you serious at all ., How far away is LG or samsung office from you that you can't go there yourself . I quickly change my mind and drove out to buy the TV . What makes it risky is one major thing . How are you so sure that among all the staffs working at Jumia there is no armed robber informant among them that will later give out the list of addresses where the items where shipped because something similar is happening within the banking sector in Nigeria ., If you are withdrawing above 1m better you request for a change of address first or else some of the staff will send a text to his/her guys and before you know it someone will trace you to know if you really took the funds home or even attack you on the road

I mean sometimes somethings happen and we don't know what causes it.

Paranoia? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by BILLIONs1: 11:27am On Apr 07, 2013
WhyAWhy: It's a pretty new experience in nigeria. I have used Konga.com without any issue

Please Dealdey.com is NOT an ONLINE Store.. don't confuse it with anything. Dem don put it there already "deal" means, they help you find deals around and connect you with the vendors directly.. that's not hard to figure out isn't it

I also discovered http://www.buynownow.com/, this ones even sell pepper, onions, etc.. I think they use the same model with Jumia.

Another unique one is www.1500naira.com, I haven't tried it at all but I think it is owned by one of the co-founders of

I also found a website that deals strictly in perfumes, Its the largest perfume products shop I've come across, Can I patronize them? They give a free Body spray with all products ordered online. I've never shopped online before www.perfumehouse.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by BILLIONs1: 11:36am On Apr 07, 2013
s.depanace:
Here is another good site where you can shop with full trust www.perfume.com.ng. They deliver within few hours.

Is this same as perfume house www.perfumehouse.com.ng there give a free designer body spray along with the perfume. Saw alot of nice perfumes here. I'm about to try out online shopping cos of this thread.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by foodie(f): 3:35pm On Apr 07, 2013
[Removed]
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by akinalabi(m): 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2013
kinstinct: One of the problems i observed with Jumia is that they do not stock (not sure) stuff. they rely on sub retail physical stores. the problem with that is they cant tell how much is available and customers keep ordering and for stuff that are out of stock. one of the solutions to this is upgrade the system to include inventory of each item they place online and it counts down as people order/pay.

Amazon as big as they are DO NOT stock all items.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by kinstinct(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2013
akinalabi:

Amazon as big as they are DO NOT stock all items.

Okay. But i am sure somehow they keep a better inventory. My point is let these online stores cut down on the number of disappointments. I would like to see a fast growth of the industry in Nigeria as that of the gsm. and that is probably possible with stiff healthy competition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

New Note Scarcity: ATM Queues Increase In Abeokuta (Pictures) / Photos From Yauri Rice Market Kebbi State. / CBN To Pump More Cash Into Circulation Today - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.