Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones (26270 Views)

How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months / Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap / MTN Nigeria Returned *555*1* USSD Recharge Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by specialguest(f): 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
Phone Testimony: A story of 2 good samaritans who returned misplaced phones

Just this April I witnessed two incidents where misplaced phones were returned back to the owners. Both incidents happened in Abuja. So am wondering are Nigerians becoming more sincere or were they just lucky to have their phones returned to them?

Case 1. A friend forgot her blackberry phone in a cab sometime in November last year. After she got home she searched in her bag but couldn't find the phone before she remembered the last time she used it was on her way home while in a cab. Immediately We started calling the number consistently but there was no reply. A few hours later, after about 100 retries the phone was turned off and we assumed the worse had happened which is the cab guy or another passenger had found the phone and kept it to himself. So she forgot about it because we all knew its gone.

Fast forward to April 2013 almost 5months after the incident, an unknown number called her mother and said he was cleaning his car when he saw a phone beneath the back seat, after charging it he went through the call log and saw a number that was saved as "mum" and he copied it and dialled from his phone since my friend"s sim was no longer valid because she had done a welcome back since November.

Anyway they gave him an address to bring the phone to which he did and honestly we were all amazed infact when she told the cab guy that the phone had been lying there in his car for 5months and he did not believe it.

Case 2. This happened just this week by Cbn estate in Garki. An elderly woman forgot her phone and laptop behind in a cab she took and according to the cab man after the woman alighted from the car he picked up another passenger almost immediately. While driving he heard a phone ringing in the back but because he had a passenger in the back seat he assumed it must be the person"s phone ringing. Not until the passenger asked him asked him why he wasn't picking up before he realised the phone ringing belonged to none of them.

Anyway the calls kept coming in and after delibration he decided to pick it up, according to the driver the guy calling kept screaming "who are you and what are you doing with my mother"s phone" the cab man tried to explain that an elderly woman forgot the phone and a laptop behind in his car and all that..... To cut the long story short the guy who called asked the cab man if he was willing to return the phone and the man said yes so the guy contacted his mother somehow and she came to Garki to collect her phone and laptop.

You need to see how this woman kept on praying for the cab man infact she said a million naira can never replace the contacts she has on her phone if the phone goes missing. she offered him 10,000 naira which he declined because according to him he did not do it for the money. Since he rejected the money offered to him, she asked him to see her soon and she gave him her complimentary card lo and behold she is a very "BIG" woman!

Case 3. This is a very short one and it happened to me personally. I forgot my phone in a taxi in china and honestly I never got it back. To think chinese people who actually manufacture phones stole my phone. Nawa o

Based on these two stories I am of the opiion that Nigerians are not generally as greedy as everyone thinks. Just like in any other society, we have the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY.

Have you ever misplaced/lost your phone and a good samaritan found it and returned it to you? Well I call that a "phone testimony" so instead of you queuing up to give that long testimony in church, lolz why don't you just share it here.

31 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by indrija: 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2013
Lost my iphone 4s last week in lagos in a bus.guess my pocket was picked as I was paying the driver and I lost consciousness of hw it happend..I rily believe in miracles and have faith that I'lld find it.av found people's fones for dem before in buses and returned it to them.and I knw karma rewards generously.d 4s is locked to tmobile germany incase u come across any iphone 4s locked to tmobile germany.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by specialguest(f): 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
Aww sorry about that. Phone thefts are quite common especially in public places. I hope you find it soon, so you can share your testimony.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Francheezy(m): 8:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
OP, whats up wit u nd CABS ?
gbagbe, dem don steal ma fone ...nd i no dey aint returning it ?

2 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by specialguest(f): 11:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
Francheezy: OP, whats up wit u nd CABS ?
gbagbe, dem don steal ma fone ...nd i no dey aint returning it ?

And what's wrong with the word CAB? Well they are also called drop, so do you expect me to say "drop man"?

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Francheezy(m): 10:53am On Apr 06, 2013
no...woh i mean is dat al d misplaced fones whr in a cab

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by FXKing2012(m): 3:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
Some of us are still very honest, I've severally returned stuffs belonging to others. There is still hope for Naija because of folks like us.

3 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by vicoloni(m): 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
very nice of them. 1st
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by supaeagles(m): 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2013
indrija: Lost my iphone 4s last week in lagos in a bus.guess my pocket was picked as I was paying the driver and I lost consciousness of hw it happend..I rily believe in miracles and have faith that I'lld find it.av found people's fones for dem before in buses and returned it to them.and I knw karma rewards generously.d 4s is locked to tmobile germany incase u come across any iphone 4s locked to tmobile germany.
eya, sorry about your 4s bros, hope you are reunited with it soon. but you just return from western germany and you come climb bus for lagos? you brave oh!

8 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by dangerzone: 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2013
Well most people call CAB in abuja,and i think the poster is basd in ABJ right?
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by spicyp(f): 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
Anybody wen go try steal my phone...mmmmmm na pile i go take blast am

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
In Naija? Unbelievable
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by mu2sa2: 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2013
There are lots of honest people in this country. I mysef hav returned a lost phone to d owner before. I was by d roadside when i saw a phone dropped from d back pocket of a passenger on a motorbike. I picked the handset and after trying some numbers on d phonebook i got d owner, who came to my office to collect it. D guy told me he was a phone repairer and that he would hav been in trouble with the real owner of d phone - and this was a boy who had been looking for admission into university for 4 years, just managing with handset repairs in d meantime. On another occassion i alerted a man who dropped his phone while alighting from his car. We are not reported that`s why u dont hear stories like this.

3 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by supaeagles(m): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2013
Cab is absolutely correct.... short for taxi-cab : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxicab

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by devigblegble: 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
Ok
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by SHEAU(m): 3:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
napep rider returned mine @ obalende in lagos

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by nosike3(m): 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2013
Phone? Bwahahahahahaaha!!! I have lost 2!!
The first one fell from my pocket in my street, I called,begged the person,promised him money due to the fact that the fone was expensive(nokia E5 I brought the week of its arrival to nigeria) all to no avail.. What hurts most is that the person that took the phone was a igbo brother and speaking igbo to him resulted to nothing.. This happen a day after my birthday.. Oct 6 2012
The second one.. January 2nd... After a crazy day at badagry beach, I had to much to drink,someone pickpocket me due to th fact my guard was down!!! Bold 5 wakka like that..

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by iyatrustee(f): 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
my younger sister once forgot her fone in a cab. She realised almost immediately and called the line and because she sat in front, it was easy for the cabman to see it. The man picked and all he told her was"if. na for ur house i drop u, then u no get shame to dey find wetin don lost. Let sleeping dogs lie!" angry
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by kevoh(m): 3:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
@OP

Good deeds don't make the news only the bad ones do because they spread fast like cancer and it is these bad ones that are used to judge a group of people.

Only a few people in this world would remember Bill Clinton quote Philip Emeagwali's achievements in a speech as an example of what Nigerians could achieve when given the opportunity. But most would remember Nigerians instead as Scammers or worse as t*****ists because of Abdul Mutallab and Boko Haram.

2 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by ifeomabernard(f): 3:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
i had a one time experience when my fone fell from my pocket never knew my pcket was leaking and a female returned it back to me. they are some good nigerians people jst say all sort of bad things about us!

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by zolajpower: 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2013
thank God
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by zolajpower: 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
i would have done the same by returning it back to the owner
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Libkid(m): 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
Nigeria good people gr8 nation
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by swtcharissa(f): 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
I lost my fone two days T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ my wedding,gussssh I was so sad,as much as we all pleaded with the guy who took it T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ return it n dat we wud rebuy d fone from him,he kept asking us T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ come here or there n when we get T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ where he asks us,we wud not find him,in d evening of dat same day I got a smaller fone n retrived my line
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by DonHummer(m): 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
spicyp: Anybody wen go try steal my phone...mmmmmm na pile i go take blast am

see ur mouth ...d day it will happen to you ''oge me gi vooom na anya''

As 4 da topic..i dnt see any big deal dere...once u lose ur fone, gettin it bak only depends on who saw it first...we hav good pple nd bad pple evrywere...u cant loose ur fone in a place like oshodi nd expect a miracle to happen....even if u are a prayer worrior

8 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by boron10(m): 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
in abuja, northern parts of naija and some parts of lagos, you are likely to get your phone back once you misplace it in public. The same cannot be said in the eastern part of naija. Misplace your phone in igboland, then your phone is gone for good.

4 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by kaslaw: 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
Dis decbemer in d villa i lost mah phone nd a man picked it as i called nd ask me mah fadas name hole nd behold he brought d phone 2 mah house

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by dedons: 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2013
Thank GOD SAY NO B chinedu see d fone,na ladipo he 4 land
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by F8Nky(f): 3:53pm On Apr 06, 2013
Unlucky me, I have never lost any phone & found it.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Scarpon(m): 4:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
for this kind weather na hin I see bb poshe or iphone 5 and u expect me to return am?? na jaz??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Smartphone Design Is Officially Dead, The Beasts Are Already Here - Naijatechguy / Huawei Files To Trademark Mobile OS Around The World After U.S Ban / BBM Would Be Available On Samsung Galaxy Devices On September 19th For 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.