Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,508 members, 7,801,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

How To Change Admin Password In Joomla From Locahost! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Change Admin Password In Joomla From Locahost! (1731 Views)

Having Probs Installing Fireboard Forum In Joomla 2.5.4 / Sport Betting Template Is In Joomla 1.5 And 1.7 Style Is For Sale / Customizing Front Page In Joomla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Change Admin Password In Joomla From Locahost! by gu7S05: 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2013
How To Change Admin Password in Joomla From Locahost!
Re: How To Change Admin Password In Joomla From Locahost! by gu7S05: 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
gu7S05: How To Change Admin Password in Joomla From Locahost!

To Do This You Need to Harsh the previous password by creating a new password from PhpMyadmin
1.Enter localhost on ur url
2.Go to PhpMyadmin
3.Click on the Database Name
4.Find table prefix with jos_users(depend on the name of ur table prefix)on ur right hand side
5.Point to edith and click on it
6.Select Super User
7.Look for password field clear every code on it and type in ya new password
8.Select MD5 from the field password on ya left hand side.
9.click go
10.Notice that you will find two super users,reapt the same step for the other super user
11.Now type localhost/place d name of ya site here e.g localhost/gurup/administrator/ them press enter
12.put in the new password u just created from phpmyadmin
13.As soon as u enter ur joomla backend go to user manager and enter the new password again save n close.
Re: How To Change Admin Password In Joomla From Locahost! by schneid: 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
guru
Is this applicable online too from the server?
THANKS
Re: How To Change Admin Password In Joomla From Locahost! by gu7S05: 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
schneid: guru
Is this applicable online too from the server?
THANKS

Yeah u can do this remotely from ya server using filezilla client but i wud prefer to mail u the steps!...rewrite ya configuration.php file...["444==644"!]
ya mail so i can send u the process.
Byeee.
Re: How To Change Admin Password In Joomla From Locahost! by schneid: 1:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
Thanks. It actually ddnt work on d remote, d reason I askd u b4. One of the other method which I presume is changing the configuration file should work though I hvnt tried it. Is d one u hv different frm the one at doc.joomla.org?
Share it here pls so that everyone can benefit or u can share d link.
Thanks
Re: How To Change Admin Password In Joomla From Locahost! by adewaleh(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
Re: How To Change Admin Password In Joomla From Locahost! by gu7S05: 10:36am On Apr 10, 2013
schneid: Thanks. It actually ddnt work on d remote, d reason I askd u b4. One of the other method which I presume is changing the configuration file should work though I hvnt tried it. Is d one u hv different frm the one at doc.joomla.org?
Share it here pls so that everyone can benefit or u can share d link.
Thanks

Remote server is different frm ya localhost!...but i will hav to keep this remote server admin override tech...
since one cud do a lot of damage to ppl site.

(1) (Reply)

10 Best Free Blogger Templates For 2013 Download / Help Needed By Bloggers / Web Hosting Company with Free Donain, Free SSD's & Fast Loading Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.