Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Demise Will Be Staggering - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Demise Will Be Staggering (466 Views)

I Foretold Audu's Demise And Buhari's Dwindling Approval Rate - Apostle Suleman / The Staggering Effect Of Praying The Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Demise Will Be Staggering by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
Friends,
For the wicked, and those who remain unrepentant, the future will be ruin and anguish. Even pleasure will be hollow and short-lived, and will bring no satisfaction. Clamoring for money, acclaim, and thrill, the perverse and evil man will continually come up short. After the laughs, after the fleeting rush of excitement, he goes to bed lonely, without true comfort, and his spirit receives no rest. Soon enough, the false bliss he once experienced has turned into continuous terror.

It is a dreadful thing to fall under the wrath of God. (Heb. 10:31) This is because God is Love (1 John 4:16), and though He, for a time, waits patiently for the sinner to turn from his wicked ways, there is a “day of reckoning.” (Ho. 5:9) This is because God, who is Love, has given everyone two plain commands, underneath which all other commands fall. These are, “Love God” and, “Love others as yourself.” (See Matt. 22:37-40)

It is not difficult to understand that sin hurts other people, and eventually, even oneself. It is also not hard to understand that God who has compassion on all He has made (Ps. 145:9), would of course be angry at, and must of course punish, anyone who is cruel. “I’m not cruel!” someone may exclaim. “My sins don’t hurt anyone.” Sure. In fact, that is such an extremely untrue statement, that it doesn’t even warrant further argument.

So, because God is Love, and because the wicked man’s sins have continued to bring pain to God’s creation, then because the sinner refuses to quit sinning, the rebel is only heaping to himself God’s wrath against him. He has no one to blame but himself. Because he clings to his filthiness and does not consider his future (Lam. 1:9), the wicked man’s downfall will be staggering. (same verse)

But again, he has no right to blame anyone but himself. Because he refused to heed the warnings, he has only his own arrogance and idolatrous folly to blame. (Jer. 13:14-27)

Sincerely,
with love,

Rachel

http://knowgodsword./

(1) (Reply)

POLYGYNY IN THE MIND OF GOD / I Spoke With Abel, Cain's Brother / Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.