Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Wesley Snipes Released From Prison - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wesley Snipes Released From Prison (20552 Views)

Omg!!! First Pictures Of Jarule After Being Released From Prison / Is Wesley Snipes A Nigerian? / Breaking News: Baba Suwe Released From Ndlea; No Drugs Found! (2) (3) (4)

Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by moderatorr: 7:53am On Apr 07, 2013
Actor Wesley Snipes released from prison

Actor Wesley Snipes has been released from a federal prison where he was serving a three-year sentence after being convicted on tax charges in February 2010.

The release to a supervised residential location in New York occurred Tuesday, the Federal Bureau of Prisons told CNN.

Snipes, 50, who starred in the "Blade" action movies and "White Men Can't Jump," had been serving time at a federal prison in Pennsylvania. A jury convicted him of willfully failing to file tax returns for 1999, 2000 and 2001. Snipes was acquitted of felony tax fraud and conspiracy charges.

In June 2011, the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear an appeal of his sentence, which he had argued was too harsh for a misdemeanor conviction.

SOURCE: http://dwitch.com/

Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by a1solution: 8:00am On Apr 07, 2013
Give me concrete info so I know what you are saying is true not two lines of words anyone can form. Thanks
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by Rapmaestro(m): 8:23am On Apr 07, 2013
Chai, i don dead see irugbon, na Osama dash dis guy small 4 prison? Anyway, back to d topic, Their Prison dey sweet na.. 'No water-logged beans{A.K.A EWA OLÓMI$I$AN}..
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by idriis: 9:55am On Apr 07, 2013
E don grow white beared. Jente tins
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by cap28: 9:58am On Apr 07, 2013
and this is breaking news because............. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by frodobee: 10:08am On Apr 07, 2013
Yaba left no be small things o! See my guy o!
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 07, 2013
cap28: and this is breaking news because............. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Because the law works in other places not called "Nigeria".

Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by cap28: 11:09am On Apr 07, 2013
kingoflag:

Because the law works in other places not called "Nigeria".

It still shouldnt be breaking news

Im not a fan of Wesley Snipes but i think he was used as a scapegoat - there are so many US corporations that do not pay tax eg Amazon and Facebook.

Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by dridowu: 11:10am On Apr 07, 2013
Se d guy dy prison b4 ?
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by sureteeboy(m): 11:10am On Apr 07, 2013
If it's in nigeria, you would have heard that he escaped the day he was put in the prison

Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by Mikkyhandy(m): 11:10am On Apr 07, 2013
Too bad and I like the guy sha... Anyway, welcome back grin
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by chelseabmw(m): 11:11am On Apr 07, 2013
He's Old
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by Exponental(m): 11:11am On Apr 07, 2013
What is tax?
Do u mean he wrote "i" alone on his taxi?
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by kolfab: 11:11am On Apr 07, 2013
Hunmm

Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by Rexphobia(m): 11:12am On Apr 07, 2013
Uncle Fash go soon begin prosecute tax offenders for Lagos. All social amenities must be relatively free, Don't pay tax...MindF*ck ...

I expect a film based on his time behind bars.
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by etalker: 11:13am On Apr 07, 2013
Wow!! D delta state man is back, congrats chief Wesley Snipers! Heheheh
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by jhydebaba(m): 11:19am On Apr 07, 2013
Wesley is coming back to become the governor.
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by bisi16(m): 11:20am On Apr 07, 2013
good. i don miss am plenty
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 07, 2013
50, Still looking fine as hell. I always loved watching his movies. I do hope something went down with other prisoners while he was there. cheesy

Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by 1stola: 11:27am On Apr 07, 2013
FROM PRISON TO NOLLYWOOD. NO TAX PAYING HERE... WE ARE WAITING. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by kunlekunle: 11:27am On Apr 07, 2013
pay your tax
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by Zonacom(m): 11:27am On Apr 07, 2013
BLADE
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by ogaemma: 11:28am On Apr 07, 2013
To me is good news. I wish him the best.
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by jliusadura(m): 11:30am On Apr 07, 2013
No, na the hair for him head migrate go him jaw.
*idriis*:
E don grow white beared. Jente tins
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by cold(m): 11:30am On Apr 07, 2013
cap28:

It still shouldnt be breaking news

Im not a fan of Wesley Snipes but i think he was used as a scapegoat - there are so many US corporations that do not pay tax eg Amazon and Facebook.

They legally evade tax through tax loopholes & Tax deductions such as executive stock options.
Anyways, I'm a big fan of WS & i'm glad he's out
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by Scarpon(m): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2013
I don't even know he was locked up

Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by cap28: 11:33am On Apr 07, 2013
cold:

They legally evade tax through tax loopholes & Tax deductions such as executive stock options.
Anyways, I'm a big fan of WS & i'm glad he's out

A loophole indicates that something is wrong - the rich shouldnt be allowed to profit from gaps in the law - especially when they can afford to pay tax.
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by ddippset(m): 11:36am On Apr 07, 2013
sureteeboy: If it's in nigeria, you would have heard that he escaped the day he was put in the prison
escaped? You are even going tOo far. Did you ever hear anyone got arrested talkless of convicted in nigeria for tax evasion?
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by cold(m): 11:37am On Apr 07, 2013
cap28:

A loophole indicates that something is wrong - the rich shouldnt be allowed to profit from gaps in the law - especially when they can afford to pay tax.

If it is legal then it cannot be a crime. Obama has been struggling to close such loopholes and end the Bush Tax cuts but the GOP won't let him. So there you go
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 07, 2013
Can you imagine sending a grade 'A' celebrity to prison just for tax evasion I love this guy.

Okay, we go send 'Tuface' to prison for underpaying tax.

People go just stone the judge for naija. Him no dey fear face

We here in Nigeria pay tax under stringent conditions such that ur employer deducts that from your salary or your tax clearance certificates are needed for urgent reasons.
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by pekelepekele(m): 11:45am On Apr 07, 2013
Looks like law knows nobody abroad
Re: Wesley Snipes Released From Prison by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 07, 2013
Why didn't he escape in the prison has he always did in his movie?

Celebrity Marriages: A Case Study Of Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde / Timaya, Reekado Banks At Oritsefemi’s Birthday Party (photos) / Queeneth Tupas Surprises Besties With House Party