Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,853 members, 7,806,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola (10586 Views)

Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 / A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE / Where Are The Seaport And Airport In Abia State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 9:34am On Apr 07, 2013
http://odili.net/news/source/2013/apr/5/801.html

Lekki seaport and international airport on course -Fashola

by Sesan Olufowobi

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola says the construction of Lekki Seaport has begun while the design for the international airport is ready.

The governor said this on Thursday during the second Lagos Corporate Assembly, tagged, 'BRF Meets Business', held at Lekki Free Trade Zone complex.

Fashola, however, said paucity of fund was a major challenge to the speedy development of the seaport and the international airport, adding that availability of funds would determine when the project would be completed.

He said, "I cannot tell you the date the seaport will be finished but work has started at the port and the contractors are on site.

"There are still a few issues in terms of getting funding and commitment from the private sector because clearly both the management and the private sector own the zone. They are not government-owned but government has an enabling role to play in the regulation of the zone."

He said the state government was sourcing private funds to develop the international airport.

He noted that the airport would be of international standard, according to an approve plan.

He said the state was strategically positioned to utilise and benefit from the development of the airport.

The governor assured businesses and corporate entities that government remained truly committed to providing infrastructure needed to make the free trade zone functional as soon as possible.

He said the zone would drive not just the state economy, but the national economy.

Fashola also faulted the plan by the Federal Government to sell the National Theatre, stating that it was like wiping the country's national history.

He also said the transport plan for the trade zone was basically water-driven.

Fashola said, "The zone is a peninsula. That is why we are considering the need to transport our goods on the water. This is peninsula that sits so strategically that it has access to its own means of transport which is water.

"That was why we have decided to fast-track the plan of accessing the zone and evacuation of cargo by using the lagoon.

"This lagoon goes as far as Ondo State. Most logs come into the state through water. I do not know any country where industrial cargo is transported by road."

He said such a development was not sustainable, stressing that the roads would not last.

Fashola said the waterways would be the government's immediate and short-term focus.

"And before the end of the year, we would ensure the possibility of water transport in the zone," he said.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 9:52am On Apr 07, 2013
http://odili.net/news/source/2013/apr/5/333.html

Lekki port to earn N31.15trn
News Friday, April 5, 2013

By FRANKLIN ALLI & NKIRUKA NNOROM

Managing Director, Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise, Mr. Haresh Aswani, yesterday, said the Lekki port project is expected to contribute not less than N31.15 trillion ($20 billion) to the nation's economy.

Aswani gave the assurance during the visit of Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State to the site to assess the level of work done so far.

The port, sitting on 90 hectares of land, is to become operational in third quarter of 2016, and it has Lagos State Government and Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA, as shareholders in the project.

Fielding questions on the economic benefits of the port to the state and the country, Aswani said: "In addition to bridging the capacity deficit, Lekki Port will have significant positive macroeconomic impact estimated at USD 361 billion over the entire concession period.

"It is expected to contribute more than USD200 billion to the government purse, while also creating close to 163,000 new jobs in the economy.

"Furthermore, Lekki Port will spur the economic development around the Lekki sub-region and on a wider perspective, the whole of Lagos State through rapid industrialisation."

Aswani explained that the Lekki Port, conceptualised as a multi-product industrial and logistics hub, would spread across 90 hectre of land and would be built at an estimated cost of $1.55 billion.

He further said the deep-sea port, which would be located 65 km east of Lagos Mainland would become the gateway to West African region and would be one of the most efficient and modern maritime facilities that would cater to liquid and dry bulk cargo par international standards.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by taharqa: 10:30am On Apr 07, 2013
GOOD. The FG, Lagos State Govt and the Private Investors concernd, shld mk dis a possibility as quickly as possible... The Badagry and Lekki Axes can be turnd into Real avenues for BIG time Business and Commerce in Lagos, Nigeria and d West/Central African region
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by gramci: 10:34am On Apr 07, 2013
No timeline?
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by TRILLIONIAR: 10:40am On Apr 07, 2013
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2013
taharqa: GOOD. The FG, Lagos State Govt and the Private Investors concernd, shld mk dis a possibility as quickly as possible... The Badagry and Lekki Axes can be turnd into Real avenues for BIG time Business and Commerce in Lagos, Nigeria and d West/Central African region

Indeed. I would even urge Nairalanders to invest in residential plots in Badagry. Anyone who has spare cash should even in several plots because the returns on investments in the next ten years will be immense as Badagry, for many reasons, is set to be another Lekki.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 07, 2013
@Gbawe..,at work. I was just passing by sir. I can see you'r very busy. We'll discuss in details next time sir. Well done sir!
Lol...

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by nuesaweso(f): 11:43am On Apr 07, 2013
@ Sincere,

Ur sarcasm is really unnecessary. If you have any issues, please spell it out so we can thrash it in details.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by otokx(m): 11:47am On Apr 07, 2013
Normal Nigeria the more you look the less you see things. How can a project have no timeline but yet it is on course.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by emiye(m): 12:07pm On Apr 07, 2013
^^^, you did not bother to read the article,you said what you think is the case.

Read again, it is stated in the article as 3rd quarter in 2016.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by otokx(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2013
The 3rd quarter 2016 refers to the port while there is no timeline giving to the airport, correct me if wrong.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2013
cool cool
Gbawe.:

Indeed. I would even urge Nairalanders to invest in residential plots in Badagry. Anyone who has spare cash should even in several plots because the returns on investments in the next ten years will be immense as Badagry, for many reasons, is set to be another Lekki.
cool! Mine has been purchased already.Badagry axis where I reside is a very good place to live and invest.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2013
berem: cool coolcool! Mine has been purchased already.Badagry axis where I reside is a very good place to live and invest.

Well done. Get more if you can. One of my mum's biggest regret was not buying land in Abuja as one of the first civil servants to be drafted there. She could have purchased choice land for pittance back then. Same land , well under a million back then, would probably be worth at least N40 - 60 million today.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2013
nues aweso: @ Sincere,

Ur sarcasm is really unnecessary. If you have any issues, please spell it out so we can thrash it in details.

Don't bother with that irritant. Only folks who don't know him will take him seriously. Anyone who recognises what Lagos can be, to the benefit of all Nigeria, will put bias and partisanship aside to praise laudable endeavours that will boost trade and improve economic development.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2013
Gbawe.:

Well done. Get more if you can. One of my mum's biggest regret was not buying land in Abuja as one of the first civil servants to be drafted there. She could have purchased choice land for pittance back then. Same land , well under a million back then, would probably be worth at least N40 - 60 million today.
exactly! The same mistake my parents made.they have been in Lagos for close to 4 decades and only had a plot of land in Lagos which has been taken by the government.we the children will never make such mistakes as we have corrected that.I can proudly say me and my 4 siblings are proud owners of lands in Badagry and some other areas in lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ChimaAdeoye: 1:41pm On Apr 07, 2013
Very good Job Baba Fashola!
At least Lagos should be completely financially independent of the animal farm called Nigeria. When we finally break up, it is obvious that Lagos shall continue to thrive and prosper with the South west.

Eko O Ni Baje O !!!

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2013
Good job. Country like Nigeria should have more than 2 major international airports.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by dridowu: 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2013
Eko oni baje oooooooo
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Katsumoto: 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2013
You mean State Governments can develop airports, seaports, etc. on their own without waiting for the federal government? shocked

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Sibrah: 9:44pm On Apr 07, 2013
I can see the haters are doing their "waka pass routine"on the thread while they hail aimlessly . . . S 9, take it easy oh. Excellence no get enemy in the real sense sha.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by taharqa: 2:05am On Apr 08, 2013
Katsumoto: You mean State Governments can develop airports, seaports, etc. on their own without waiting for the federal government? shocked
NO, i dont think they cant. This Project Shareholding is 20% FG, 20% Lagos State and 60% Private Investors, to be surpervisd by d NPA... This is a Good case of Colla bw diff Levels of Govt and even d Private sector

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 2:53am On Apr 08, 2013
taharqa: NO, i dont think they cant. This Project Shareholding is 20% FG, 20% Lagos State and 60% Private Investors, to be surpervisd by d NPA... This is a Good case of Colla bw diff Levels of Govt and even d Private sector

Mr cassava bread, the airport and the trade zone has nothing to do with your masters in abuja and this is about big vision and initiative that didn't come from your shallow thinking and vision less cassava bread asholerock attache losers. The best and major projects in Nigeria are in Lagos state and it's because of competent state leaders with vision and sense of purpose.

Unfortunately, we have to deal with your corrupt and incompetent uncles in abuja sometimes, but who cares, as long as we achieve our objectives, the same objectives that your village is not even capable of dreaming of talk less experiencing in this lifetime...

The joke is on you lapdog laptop....

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by wesley80(m): 3:42am On Apr 08, 2013
^ What happens first? Eko Ole finally developing functional brain cells or chickens growing teeth? My money is on the latter!
After Lagos State builds its own 100% owned airport and sea port I guess it's also going to establish its Ports Authority, Customs and LAAN - not to be mistaken with FAAN - abi? Answer o, Oba Ewure Olodomare the II of Nairaland.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 4:06am On Apr 08, 2013
wesley80: ^ What happens first? Eko Ole finally developing functional brain cells or chickens growing teeth? My money is on the latter!
After Lagos State builds its own 100% owned airport and sea port I guess it's also going to establish its Ports Authority, Customs and LAAN - not to be mistaken with FAAN - abi? Answer o, Oba Ewure Olodomare the II of Nairaland.

Ode 1+1, we'll keep coming up with our grand visions and initiatives, keep moving forward and hope and pray that your worthless and incompetent asholerock uncles are competent enough to do their job which so far they don't know how to do, so far, their best vision for Nigeria is cassava bread.

Imagine what's achievable with our ideas and visions without your useless and incompetent oga in abuja..

Btw, what is going on in your village? When was the last time anything good happened in your village apart from killings, kidnapping and dead bodies floating in your rivers?

Even common borehole your isi ewu leaders don't know how to do... Stone age village mofo.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by wesley80(m): 4:10am On Apr 08, 2013
^Oba o, mó ki yi oooooo......
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 4:14am On Apr 08, 2013
wesley80: ^Oba o, mó ki yi oooooo......

Abeg fuckkkk off jare..

I can't stand you clowns.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 6:14am On Apr 08, 2013
berem: cool coolcool! Mine has been purchased already.Badagry axis where I reside is a very good place to live and invest.
Once that Express road comes to your hood, you'll be a multi-millionare.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ochukoccna: 6:32am On Apr 08, 2013
VISION IN ACTION is what strikes one's mind by the article above
Well done Gov Fas the ca$h
Remember the havenots too as you plot the regeneration of Lagos
EKO O NI BAJE LAI LAI
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 6:42am On Apr 08, 2013
ochukoccna: VISION IN ACTION is what strikes one's mind by the article above
Well done Gov Fas the ca$h
Remember the havenots too as you plot the regeneration of Lagos
EKO O NI BAJE LAI LAI
As per the "Have nots". Majority of them own land in that axis since that's one of the few areas you can get affordable Land in Lagos. They are the ones that will benefit from that road project.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by gunuvi(m): 7:59am On Apr 08, 2013
Nice development. Yeah, Badagry is the hot cake now. Proud to be a Badagrian. Omo Egun to sure!
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by naptu2: 8:11am On Apr 08, 2013
The airport, the seaport, the expressway, the suspension bridge, the alternative routes; Lekki is being developed at lightning speed. What I look forward to and can't wait to see, is the Green Line (LRT) route. That would be the icing on the cake.

The Governor seems to be suggesting that a jetty/lagoon port will also be built. That would be just fantastic!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by taharqa: 8:20am On Apr 08, 2013
taharqa: NO, i dont think they cant. This Project Shareholding is 20% FG, 20% Lagos State and 60% Private Investors, to be surpervisd by d NPA... This is a Good case of Colla bw diff Levels of Govt and even d Private sector
Just wantd to RE-EMPHACIZE this. The Project is 20% FG, 20% Lagos State and 60% Local Investors, and d port itself wud be unda d Supervisn of NPA and the whole free trade zone unda d Supervisn of NEFTA- both Federal Agencies. The Contract for dis was signd on d 15th December, 2012 or so..... I am earnestly waiting for d Good Governance Tour Team in Lagos and d SW; many people eyes go open

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afenifere Blames INEC, Jega For Underage Voting In The North / Sdp Throws Its Weight Behind Gbajabiamila’s Choice Of Minority Principal Officer / Are The Ijaws Nubians/egyptians Of Antiquity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.