Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,148 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola (10584 Views)

Ambode: $1.65bn Lagos Lekki Seaport For Completion 2019 / A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE / Where Are The Seaport And Airport In Abia State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 9:58am On Apr 08, 2013
taharqa: Just wantd to RE-EMPHACIZE this. The Project is 20% FG, 20% Lagos State and 60% Local Investors, and d port itself wud be unda d Supervisn of NPA and the whole free trade zone unda d Supervisn of NEFTA- both Federal Agencies. The Contract for dis was signd on d 15th December, 2012 or so..... I am earnestly waiting for d Good Governance Tour Team in Lagos and d SW; many people eyes go open
Guy, go siddon jooor. Speaking English and feeling "cool" as if its GEJ's administration that came up with the idea or is responsible for spear-heading it. They are providing 20 percent of the funding and no mental input in the execution of the project....their agencies are only coming in at the end to supervise projects they have no idea on its purpose or how it came to be (Except the briefing they were giving from the top). The arrangement is this way so that Lagos won't be labelled a Rouge state by the FG. Woe betide those agencies if they think they can come in and run it as they did Tin-can Island port. You only need to visit Apapa port to see the difference between a FG run port and a sane port. Those FG agencies. That you're proudly listing are and still the symbol of corruption and decay in this Country.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 08, 2013
My best governor, keep up the good works.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Revolva(m): 10:29am On Apr 08, 2013
Ok o let's be watching..projects everywhere!!! Oya complete am na wahala..how far the train route lagos- badagry road.the project is so damm slow..now na airport dem wan build..and seaport..
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by molujagun: 10:32am On Apr 08, 2013
Oga Fash! and how are you going to protect the water ways.

Or are you going to wait for it to become infested with Armed Robbers and Terrorist and Pirates before you start thinking of security?

Always the Nigerian mentality ... bolting the stable doors after the animals have escaped

What stops you from having a comprehensive security operation now, people living along the water are already facing security challenges.

I tire for this country o!

You just come out an make small cheap talk and expect everyone to start hailing you smh
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Delafruita(m): 10:42am On Apr 08, 2013
taharqa: Just wantd to RE-EMPHACIZE this. The Project is 20% FG, 20% Lagos State and 60% Local Investors, and d port itself wud be unda d Supervisn of NPA and the whole free trade zone unda d Supervisn of NEFTA- both Federal Agencies. The Contract for dis was signd on d 15th December, 2012 or so..... I am earnestly waiting for d Good Governance Tour Team in Lagos and d SW; many people eyes go open
i dont know where you got your info from but all the only government presence in all these projects is the lagos state government and their only contribution is in land and the enabling environment which is what accounts for their 20%.the airport is a solely lagos state project.the deep sea port was initiated by the lagos state government while the federal government is a partner in the project.the deep sea port is the only project in which the federal government owns a 20% stake.all in all,its all driven by he fashola administration

"Lekki FTZ has been established jointly among China-Africa Lekki Investment Limited ( “CALI”, a Chinese Consortium), the Lagos State Government and Lekki Worldwide Investments Ltd. in Lagos with a view to boosting economic growth for mutual benefits and win-win. CALI is composed of four Chinese shareholders, i.e, China Railway Construction Corporation Ltd., China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, China-Africa Development Fund Ltd. and Nanjing Jiangning Economic & Technological Development Corporation."

“The partnership is such that, there is one foreign investor, ‘Ports at Lekki’ in the deal on a 60-20-20 basis: 60 per cent for the foreign investors, 20 for the federal government through the NPA and 20 per cent equity for the state government.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 08, 2013
Fas is only working from the existing state map,However,I commend him even though he still feeding from the instructions from FG,.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by zetel95(m): 10:47am On Apr 08, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: Very good Job Baba Fashola!
At least Lagos should be completely financially independent of the animal farm called Nigeria. When we finally break up, it is obvious that Lagos shall continue to thrive and prosper with the South west.

Eko O Ni Baje O !!!
@ rite from time we the south west open sense more dan any ethnics group in Nigeria, let me tell u dis secret by yr 2020, no south west states will depend on FG allocation again. because we r goin somewhere at the top.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by taharqa: 10:50am On Apr 08, 2013
bagjdmjW6MT9Ma7man: Guy, go siddon jooor. Speaking English and feeling "cool" as if its GEJ's administration that came up with the idea or is responsible for spear-heading it. They are providing 20 percent of the funding and no mental input in the execution of the project....their agencies are only coming in at the end to supervise projects they have no idea on its purpose or how it came to be (Except the briefing they were giving from the top). The arrangement is this way so that Lagos won't be labelled a Rouge state by the FG. Woe betide those agencies if they think they can come in and run it as they did Tin-can Island port. You only need to visit Apapa port to see the difference between a FG run port and a sane port. Those FG agencies. That you're proudly listing are and still the symbol of corruption and decay in this Country.
LOL.... I thought you people were contesting what I postd initiali.... ACN Goons Almost Always in d Habit of HIJACKING everytin to yaselves..... Make Good Governance Tour fast reach Lasgidi and d entire SW. MANY PEOPLE EYES GO OPEN
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by gregg2: 10:53am On Apr 08, 2013
gramci: No timeline?

My brother, Fashola told us the Lekki Int'l Airport will be ready by end of 2012. We are in 2013 now and he is still making promises even with no timeline. The Lagos - Badagry expressway has been abandoned. He only completed about 3% of the entire road from Orile - Mile 2.

These ACN states are sucking us dry and yet blinding us propaganda. The people are suffering and smiling.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by naptu2: 10:54am On Apr 08, 2013
molujagun: Oga Fash! and how are you going to protect the water ways.

Or are you going to wait for it to become infested with Armed Robbers and Terrorist and Pirates before you start thinking of security?

Always the Nigerian mentality ... bolting the stable doors after the animals have escaped

What stops you from having a comprehensive security operation now, people living along the water are already facing security challenges.

I tire for this country o!

You just come out an make small cheap talk and expect everyone to start hailing you smh

Have you seen the boats that were donated to the police and Nigerian Navy and have you heard of LASWA?
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by naptu2: 10:56am On Apr 08, 2013
The airport was conceived by the Lagos State Government in the late 1980s (I first heard about it circa 1989/1990).
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 10:56am On Apr 08, 2013
taharqa: LOL.... I thought you people were contesting what I postd initiali.... ACN Goons Almost Always in d Habit of HIJACKING everytin to yaselves..... Make Good Governance Tour fast reach Lasgidi and d entire SW. MANY PEOPLE EYES GO OPEN
That FG's 20 percent contribution is negligible and they have no mental or skill input in the project. That's my point.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by taharqa: 10:57am On Apr 08, 2013
Delafruita:
i dont know where you got your info from but all the only government presence in all these projects is the lagos state government and their only contribution is in land and the enabling environment which is what accounts for their 20%.the airport is a solely lagos state project.the deep sea port was initiated by the lagos state government while the federal government is a partner in the project.the deep sea port is the only project in which the federal government owns a 20% stake.all in all,its all driven by he fashola administration

"Lekki FTZ has been established jointly among China-Africa Lekki Investment Limited ( “CALI”, a Chinese Consortium), the Lagos State Government and Lekki Worldwide Investments Ltd. in Lagos with a view to boosting economic growth for mutual benefits and win-win. CALI is composed of four Chinese shareholders, i.e, China Railway Construction Corporation Ltd., China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, China-Africa Development Fund Ltd. and Nanjing Jiangning Economic & Technological Development Corporation."

“The partnership is such that, there is one foreign investor, ‘Ports at Lekki’ in the deal on a 60-20-20 basis: 60 per cent for the foreign investors, 20 for the federal government through the NPA and 20 per cent equity for the state government.
Plz, What is d DIFFERENCE bw what I said and what you just postd.... And, yes I was only talking about d Seaport in particular and d Freezone to sm extent
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by taharqa: 11:10am On Apr 08, 2013
ba7man: That FG's 20 percent contribution is negligible and they have to mental or skill input in the project. That's my point.
LOL... Are u aware that Lagos State is also contributing 20%, same as d FG? If d FG's 20% is negligible (according to you), SURELY that of Lagos State Govt is also negligible, No??.... And who the helll told you that d FG wud hv 'no mental or skill input in d project'? Are u peeps too bleeping Sillly to bliv yr own PROPAGANDA for God's sake!! Yes, d Private investors are expectd to be d Main drivers of d Project, but everytin wud be unda d Supervisn of d NPA, which is a FG Agency.... Lagos State is playing a VERY CRUCIAL role in d conceptn and implementatn of d project, YES; but to attempt to minimize Or even hide (as sm of u were trying to do earlier) d FG's contributn is DUMB... Dont hv time for dis any longa

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ewet: 11:46am On Apr 08, 2013
Go on jare BRF is working,Lagos is working,APC is working.I bet the airport will be better than any of those bus terminals GEJ is calling refurbished airport.The sea port is equally a good idea and it will be better than any1 we have in naija at the moment.
This is anoda proof tht the SW is far ahead of the rest in seeking ingenious ways for socio economic devt,we do not need to keep goin cap in hand to ABJ for anythng like the others do.
TRUE FEDERALISM is the answer,reduce the amounts of money tht goes to the center and reduce the size of govt at tht level.The PDP shuld stop hoodwinking us tht the present system we are operating is the best but rather it will continually lead us to under development and poverty.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by nnekaesthergm: 11:51am On Apr 08, 2013
pls is a good news but where can one summit C.V so i can be part of the growth
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 11:58am On Apr 08, 2013
taharqa: LOL... Are u aware that Lagos State is also contributing 20%, same as d FG? If d FG's 20% is negligible (according to you), SURELY that of Lagos State Govt is also negligible, No??.... And who the helll told you that d FG wud hv 'no mental or skill input in d project'? Are u peeps too bleeping Sillly to bliv yr own PROPAGANDA for God's sake!! Yes, d Private investors are expectd to be d Main drivers of d Project, but everytin wud be unda d Supervisn of d NPA, which is a FG Agency.... Lagos State is playing a VERY CRUCIAL role in d conceptn and implementatn of d project, YES; but to attempt to minimize Or even hide (as sm of u were trying to do earlier) d FG's contributn is DUMB... Dont hv time for dis any longa
I have read about this project, I have two international documentaries on it on my laptop and no where was the FG mentioned. They have no mental input in it. Lagos State Government conceived it and provided 20 percent of its funding, sourced for private investors to contribute 60 percent and FG provided the final 20 percent. The FG's mental capacity can't handle it or else, projects like this would have been replicated around the country....Also, the drivers of the project isn't the international investors, the LASG is.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
Did Fashola mean that He and Tinubu are the private sector ? Cos, last I checked, I do not see what fashola is doing with IGR+Federal Allocations, all road constructions here are PPP. Oh, I guess Fashola and Tinubu have converted state funds to their private portfolio. No place for the wicked.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by tinkinjo: 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
...better!
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
Thank you jare for once again DESTROYING the propaganda of these anonymous ACN internet rats and cockroaches. These days, their silly propaganda are DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Thank you jare for once again DESTROYING the propaganda of these anonymous ACN internet rats and cockroaches. These days, their silly propaganda are DEAD ON ARRIVAL.
You call that "DESTROYING" That's weak. I come up with an idea nd I provide 20 percent funding, sell it to potential investors and they provide 60 percent. You now finally provide 20 percent and you both want to start celebrating that as if its your idea or you provided 60 percent. Keep tickling each other's balls.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by manny4life(m): 1:47pm On Apr 08, 2013
ba7man: You call that "DESTROYING" That's weak. I come up with an idea nd I provide 20 percent funding, sell it to potential investors and they provide 60 percent. You now finally provide 20 percent and you both want to start celebrating that as if its your idea or you provided 60 percent. Keep tickling each other's balls.

An idea is only as good on paper, it becomes reality only when funded. Millions of people have ideas, until an investor takes an interest in it, you will be born with ideas and die with ideas. Investors are the most IMPORTANT in execution, heck, investors can hire people to bring out ideas, so whether the idea was LASG or FG or whoever, it's irrelevant. Bottom line is that the collaboration will yield results that will benefit the people.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Gbawe2: 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
ba7man: You call that "DESTROYING" That's weak. I come up with an idea nd I provide 20 percent funding, sell it to potential investors and they provide 60 percent. You now finally provide 20 percent and you both want to start celebrating that as if its your idea or you provided 60 percent. Keep tickling each other's balls.

Look, stop wasting your time with that charlatan. He is the same fool who confesses to living in Enugu while unhealthily obsessing about the affairs of Lagos State. We all know why he does that. He is petrified of everyone he considers a threat to his mediocre GEJ.

The Lekki Sea port was primarily and ambitiously conceived to strengthen the LFTZ i.e Lagos free trade zone.

Of course Lagos must seek and gain the approval of the FG for a port that will be used for international haulage. As such, the FG must play a supervisory role. Never argue with m0r0ns who are only obsessed with image-laundering for the personification of mediocrity they support. You will have m0r0ns showing up to insinuate this is all talk. I would advise you to ignore those people because they have issues they are not willing to address. Anyone can see a full presentation about the Lekki sea port, to include work done already, below.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9596528/Port-Lekki-Master-Presentation
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
manny4life:

An idea is only as good on paper, it becomes reality only when funded. Millions of people have ideas, until an investor takes an interest in it, you will be born with ideas and die with ideas. Investors are the most IMPORTANT in execution, heck, investors can hire people to bring out ideas, so whether the idea was LASG or FG or whoever, it's irrelevant. Bottom line is that the collaboration will yield results that will benefit the people.
I totally agree with you but and idea remains one until it is acted upon with conviction. That's what attracts the funding. The LASG spearheaded it so I'll give the kudos to them. Good to see the FG contributing into it but that's not enough reason for some to start clinking champagne glasses.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ba7man(m): 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Look, stop wasting your time with that charlatan. He is the same fool who confesses to living in Enugu while unhealthily obsessing about the affairs of Lagos State. We all know why he does that. He is petrified of everyone he considers a threat to his mediocre GEJ.

The Lekki Sea port was primarily and ambitiously conceived to strengthen the LFTZ i.e Lagos free trade zone.

Of course Lagos must seek and gain the approval of the FG for a port that will be used for international haulage. As such, the FG must play a supervisory role. Never argue with m0r0ns who are only obsessed with image-laundering for the personification of mediocrity they support. You will have m0r0ns showing up to insinuate this is all talk. I would advise you to ignore those people because they have issues they are not willing to address. Anyone can see a full presentation about the Lekki sea port, to include work done already, below.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9596528/Port-Lekki-Master-Presentation
Thanks for the clarification. I belive they have FG projects to be more concerned about.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by ichidodo: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
LAGOS NA WAA! EKO O NI BAJE LAI-LAI! #investmentonmymind#
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by PapaBrowne(m): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
Ok, this is one reason I like Fashola. The MAN IS A LISTENER.

He answered my questions. A few weeks ago, I asked his supporters here on Nairaland what has happened to all his dream projects. They couldn't answer, so they took it back to him. And he has replied sufficiently. I am very satisfied with the answer. Paucity of Funds.

So my next question is this: Why is it so easy for Tinubu to raise funds to complete his projects(Ikeja Mall, Oriental Hotel 2 and the others) than it is for Lagos State to raise funds for projects that would benefit the generality of Lagosians.

Fashola is amongst the top three performing Governors in Nigeria and I will continue to respect and praise him. However, he should explain why Lagos would complain of paucity of funds and still have zero major completed projects since 2007 despite budgetary provisions of over $25 Billion dollars in the last 6 years!

My post on the 8th of March 2013, grin grin grin

Papabrowne:And please, I was asking on another thread why Fashola has failed to complete any major project in the 6 years since he became Governor. Even bad Governors like Uduaghan can boast of a completed airport. 6 years after, no new BRT lanes. 6 years after, the phase one of the light rail is less than 20% complete. 6 years after Lagos-Badagry Expressway- less than 10% complete. Lekki Epe Expressway(52km) is taking 10 years already. Lekki Free Trade Zone is empty. We used to hear of deep sea port and one airport like that they want to build in Lekki--- all of them na inside paper them dey! 6 years and $30 Billion after??

https://www.nairaland.com/1218527/benin-airport-commissioning-tomorrow#14653907
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by Akanbiedu(m): 2:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
PapaBrowne: Ok, this is one reason I like Fashola. The MAN IS A LISTENER.

He answered my questions. A few weeks ago, I asked his supporters here on Nairaland what has happened to all his dream projects. They couldn't answer, so they took it back to him. And he has replied sufficiently. I am very satisfied with the answer. Paucity of Funds.

So my next question is this: Why is it so easy for Tinubu to raise funds to complete his projects(Ikeja Mall, Oriental Hotel 2 and the others) than it is for Lagos State to raise funds for projects that would benefit the generality of Lagosians.

Fashola is amongst the top three performing Governors in Nigeria and I will continue to respect and praise him. However, he should explain why Lagos would complain of paucity of funds and still have zero major completed projects since 2007 despite budgetary provisions of over $25 Billion dollars in the last 6 years!

My post on the 8th of March 2013, grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1218527/benin-airport-commissioning-tomorrow#14653907

All hail internet-empowered papabrowne.

You people no go kill pesin walahi.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by PapaBrowne(m): 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

All hail internet-empowered papabrowne.

You people no go kill pesin walahi.

The man answered me naaaa. And I am satisfied with his answer. Paucity of Funds. Tinubu has taken all of the money. I totally understand.
Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
So the only thing the cassava bread people got going on for them in Nigeria is 20% attache in some port in Lagos state? Is it not shameful that these clowns and their asholerock masters with all their oil money and zero ideas and vision are trailing Lagos state/an ordinary state everywhere just to look relevant ....

Keep doing follow follow, as long as our ideas and visions are actualized right inside Lagos state,it's still a win win for Lagos state.

When the time come for everybody to answer their fathers name, your attache and 20% stays in Lagos state...

The only people I feel sorry for are the cassava bread foot soldiers yelling 20% percent when not even 0% of anything is going on in their backward state.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola by EkoIle1: 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
100% Federal government Canoe port..

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/699524_onitsha-port-cool_jpg566ce90239e45a3d61604fd79f639cbd[/img]

This is why I feel sorry for the 20% clowns in this thread. Look at the 100% in their village..

lmao

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Summons Eight SANs / President Buhari: I’m Impressed With Level Of Development In Imo / President Buhari Commissions More Projects By Katsina State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.