Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:25 PM

MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) (10825 Views)

Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates / MTN WOW Weekend Is Back...!!! Double Your Airtime / Etisalat 'Double Your Recharge Promo' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by DammyFx: 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2013
Got a text from mtn yesterday evening: Get double your recharge dial *888*pin# from 6pm today to 11:59pm on sunday & start the weekend on a Wow note! Bonus and airtel valid till 11:59pm on Sunday!

I JUST FELL FOR THE MTN WOW Note offer Scam and i lost 1200N recharge and i still have my old balance .. where did my 1200N recharge goto
Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by secnelly: 7:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
dial *889# or *559# and see if it can help find the lost airtime.

1 Like

Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by DammyFx: 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2013
The Airtime didn't reflect on my Normal *556# loaded three different four hundred naira airtime ... and i lost all instantly
Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by Francheezy(m): 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
sorry
Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by overdrive(m): 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2013
Dial *889# to c it also start calling both ur friends and enemies cos all airtime wl b gone this night.

1 Like

Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by chineduace(m): 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2013
If you have used wow before many of you will not make this silly mistake. Nigerians dont read and it will cost you a lot. The terms and conditions of WOW states that you can load any amount from 6pm Friday till midnight sunday and get your airtime doubled however all airtime expires midnight sunday... This is not a SCAM as you guys have cried out but because you dont take time to read terms and conditions...
Your main balance of *556# remains untouched while your promo balance of *889# is what is active till midnight sunday except if your WOW balance finishes then it goes back to your main account.... Many people mistake WOW airtime for main balance.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by Burger01(m): 9:32pm On Apr 07, 2013
The balance won't reflect on *556#. Mtn did this purposely so guys won't be wise enough to Use the double credit for data bundle subscriptions. You can call and call and call still ur balance remains the same until you utilise the double promo.... Mtn, smh.... sad
Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by Agbeke2013: 2:03am On Apr 08, 2013
It's really a scam because since Friday night i can't check my main balance with *556# and i wanted to opted out of daily 5mb data with the code of *406*2# they always replied me that it was unsucessful. Please someone should help me from mtn hand.
Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by secnelly: 6:40am On Apr 08, 2013
Agbeke2013: It's really a scam because since Friday night i can't check my main balance with *556# and i wanted to opted out of daily 5mb data with the code of *406*2# they always replied me that it was unsucessful. Please someone should help me from mtn hand.

Can u read and understand English at all?
is MTN wow and mtn pulse the same?
Yours might be caused by Bad network coverage.
Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by ozor1: 10:56am On Apr 08, 2013
What d guy is sayin is true. I recharged 1500 with d so called code i den checked my balance lo and behold it was only 1500 on the wow bonus account and i couldnt see d initial 1500.where did it go to
Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by secnelly: 7:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
ozor1: What d guy is sayin is true. I recharged 1500 with d so called code i den checked my balance lo and behold it was only 1500 on the wow bonus account and i couldnt see d initial 1500.where did it go to
Wen did u recharge? Specific Time?
Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by Agbeke2013: 8:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
secnelly:

Can u read and understand English at all?
is MTN wow and mtn pulse the same?
Yours might be caused by Bad network coverage.
it looks like mtn have hired you to be promoting their products. I can't blame you because you are paid for all rubbish that is coming from your mouth. I called their customer care today and they were apologising to me for the error and inconvenience and i was told that something shall be done today. You is now telling me if i couldn't understand english.
Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by ozor1: 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
secnelly:
Wen did u recharge? Specific Time?
11am on sunday
Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by macbenal: 8:15am On Jun 04, 2013
Like is often said:my people perish of lack of knowledge.
If you care to use mtn "wow package",here are the geniu and real process:-
recharge your account with this pin:*885*recharge card pin# from 00:30am to 11:59pm from monday to sunday and get a double of your recharged value to call,browse and text only mtn numbers.each of your daily recharged and bonus will expire everyday at 11:59pm if not used.Check your balance with the code:*886#.Get your calls more cheaper by migrating to mtn super saver with your first minute mtn call for N25 while others for N6.your wow bonus will still calculate at same cost provided you are a super saver migrant.Enjoy your self my people.
Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by josephkhanne: 2:06am On Jul 17, 2013
Did u mean the recharge card pin
Re: MTN Double Your Balance Weekend Is A Scam ( Woo Note ) by MizKay916: 1:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
Enjoy what. Mtn wow is a scam, I recharged yesterday, and same thing happened to mi, I recharged N750, but it did not reflect on my main account, I called their customers service and was told to dial *599*9# which I did, still I couldn't see it, later a friend told mi try *599*4#, that was wen I saw 750 on my wow bonus for MTN to MTN calls only and 00.00 on my main account.. I could not make calls to other network providers, I could not text both Mtn and other network, they took my N750 and gave mi just the bonus 750. It was so annoying.

(1) (Reply)

Borrow Credits And Pay Later. (all Networks) / Best 50 PPSSPP Games To Download In 2020 / Unbelievable Data Plan From Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.