Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Can Nigeria Brag In The Gaming World? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Can Nigeria Brag In The Gaming World? (1183 Views)

The Gaming Clan Thread / *~ Tboy1 Voted The Gaming Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Editorial: The Gaming Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Brag In The Gaming World? by beeboy09(m): 9:20pm On Apr 07, 2013
In the 90's the "Evolution" of Gaming has haunted the homes of Parents who feel its a waste of time and money. Thesame could be said of the music industry back then but as technology will have it, "Gaming", has become a career choice to a lot of youths who engaged themselves in the act. This, of course, is predominant in the western world.
Gaming portfolios have suffered severe piracy in Asia and Africa hence it becomes very hard for genuine brain work by these artistic visionaires to gain financially in these regions. The question still remains "Do Nigerians Engage in the real Global gaming world?" Personally I would say no. Why? You may ask? Global Gaming exists only in the World Wide Web (www).
A lot of youngstar are carried away with "Jailbreaks" believing they get more from a game when in actual fact they are depriving themselves of a network of actual gamers. Predorminantly in the Sony PlayStation Brand.
While I was still in Uni, a private Uni, I introduced my friends to network gaming via laptops. It was so interesting that they could understand that real Gaming is not just going against an Artificial Intelligence but facing someone like u, a human being. We got so good and decided it was time to extend our "civilisation" to the world wide web. To our surprise non of us could last seconds without getting a head shot. Back to square one, the local champions became "Padawans": I mean apprentice. Sha we made a lot of friends with people from other countries. Funny enough other countries like south Africa, Uganda and Kenya already had hosts addresses but naija never had till we came in. The point here is that the people in Alaba and Oshodi wish to decieve a lot of people to jailbreak and get so much when it actually is a means to limit you.
So many factors may come to play in making it boring such as Power, Internet connection etc but I can assure you that a taste of what is out there will keep you out there, besides if you are one with a lot of IT knowledge and u have a paypal account then there's lots of monies to be made.
My talk Is from a personal point of view. I also have friends who studied Computer Game programing up to masters level and I can boldly tell you that there a lot you don't get to know till you know.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Brag In The Gaming World? by ritchboy(m): 2:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
A. People with jailbroken consoles still go online.
B. Internet in Nigeria is generally pants.
Re: Can Nigeria Brag In The Gaming World? by litaninja(m): 12:13pm On Apr 12, 2013
Agreed. We still going online. Even those with "jailbroken/ cracked" games. Our lack of true broadband is a major hinderance, imagine getting the headshot because your link shakes whenever the wind blows.

@OP: we still had a LAN party during easter. We're thinking of having this monthly or at worst twice a quarter now, think Nairalanders might be interested?

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Make Modern Combat 4 To Play On My Phone / Pc Game / How To Bypass The Waiting Time In Candycrush Saga - Get More Lives Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.