Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Margaret Thatcher Is Dead - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Margaret Thatcher Is Dead (44289 Views)

An Open Letter To Mrs Margaret Thatcher From General Olusegun Obasanjo / Watch Margaret Thatcher’s Funeral Highlights / Margaret Thatcher's Death Greeted With Street Parties In Brixton And Glasgow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22067155

Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher has died at 87 following a stroke, her spokesman has said.

Lord Bell said: "It is with great sadness that Mark and Carol Thatcher announced that their mother Baroness Thatcher died peacefully following a stroke this morning."

Baroness Thatcher was Conservative prime minister from 1979 to 1990.

She was the first woman to hold the post. Her family is expected to make a further statement later.

RIP

5 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by cap28: 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
adaobi123: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22067155

Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher has died at 87 following a stroke, her spokesman has said.

Lord Bell said: "It is with great sadness that Mark and Carol Thatcher announced that their mother Baroness Thatcher died peacefully following a stroke this morning."

Baroness Thatcher was Conservative prime minister from 1979 to 1990.

She was the first woman to hold the post. Her family is expected to make a further statement later.

RIP

Good riddance

9 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
RIP the Iron lady
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
cap28:

Good riddance

Ahhh ! So harsh
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
RIP maam.
A life well enjoyed.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
I bet people are celebrating in Scotland and Northern England, right about now...

She wasn't perfect and she destroyed a lot of people's lives including the minorities... All those who lost their jobs and all the black kids who were left in foster homes because of the hardship she created for their immigrant parents might have something to say about her... And Africans will also have something to say about her support for the apartheid regime in South Africa...

However, she was a nationalist who was loved and adored by her conservative base and by most English people from the South... The UK will never forget the Falklands War..

Adieu!! You're better on the other side...

19 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nightshift(m): 1:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
I just saw the news on Bloomberg Television. Once called 'Iron Lady', Margaret Thatcher was one of the racist hawks who saw nothing wrong about the then Apartheid government in South Africa. She even called Nelson Mandela a terrorist, and ANC a terrorist organization! She's joined her buddy Roland Reagan. Well, God decides when its time up....

11 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by cap28: 1:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
adaobi123:

Ahhh ! So harsh

You dont know anything about this woman that's why you said that - she destroyed the livelihood of working class people in this country and encouraged selfishness, individualism and greed - the only beneficiaries of her draconian economic policies were the rich and the banking elite - she completely decimated jobs in the northern part of England and i can tell you that the average british person will not mourn her departure.

8 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
adaobi123:

Ahhh ! So harsh

I doubt my uncles who grew up in foster homes because of Maggi wouldn't be as harsh as cap28... grin

She made life unbearable for the poor and minorities...

But she tried for England(not the union) and won the Falklands War for the UK...

R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
cap28:

You dont know anything about this woman that's why you said that - she destroyed the livelihood of working class people in this country and encouraged selfishness, individualism and greed - the only beneficiaries of her draconian economic policies were the rich and the banking elite - she completely decimated jobs in the northern part of England and i can tell you that the average british person will not mourn her departure.

The harsh comment was banter thing. Even though dying ain't a good thing.

Of course I know about this woman. My dad came to England during her time as prime minister and I know it was very hard for him and he just basically suffered.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nightshift: I just saw the news on Bloomberg Television. Once called 'Iron Lady', Margaret Thatcher was one of the racist hawks who saw nothing wrong about the then Apatheid government in South Africa. She even called Nelson Mandela a terrorist. She's joined her buddy Roland Reagan. Well, God decides when its time up....

Lmao @ the bolded... Ronald Reegan probably beat that... grin

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Biggyd2: 1:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
adaobi123: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22067155

Certain things sound unbelievable but true. Madam Thatcher dead (the Iron Lady, herself)! Well, no matter how strong or weak you are, this road is one that awaits us all. R.I.P Maggie

6 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
adaobi123:

Of course I know about this woman. My dad came to England during her time as prime minister and I know it was very hard for him and he just basically suffered.

Hmmmmm... Thank God for your dad's life.. wink

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nightshift: I just saw the news on Bloomberg Television. Once called 'Iron Lady', Margaret Thatcher was one of the racist hawks who saw nothing wrong about the then Apartheid government in South Africa. She even called Nelson Mandela a terrorist, and ANC a terrorist organization! She's joined her buddy Roland Reagan. Well, God decides when its time up....

WHAT ? grin
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
shymexx:

Hmmmmm... Thank God for your dad's life.. wink

smiley
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
adaobi123:

WHAT ? grin

The yanks just took Mandela's name off the terrorist list a few years ago... grin

These racist nutters don't like negroes... wink

3 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
adaobi123:

smiley

Thank God for my parent's life as well.. wink
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
shymexx:

The yanks just took Mandela's name off the terrorist list a few years ago... grin

These racist nutters don't like negroes... wink

Only a few years ago ??!! What a joke !!?! Bloody hell

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by anonimi: 1:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
cap28:

You should speak for yourself please.
She turned the British economy around by placing emphasis on productivity and entrepreneurship. Understandably the lazy loafers who are so dependent on government handouts would not like her.
Britain is much better for her administration and those with their heads properly screwed on their shoulders would wish she were PM now to take the drastic measures needed to revamp the economy that is now in doldrums again after many years of Labour handouts to lazy bums.
BTW, why don't you come to Nigeria where everyone is just sharing the Niger Delta oil wealth and producing next to nothing
RIP Margaret Thatcher, Iron Lady.

11 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2013
shymexx:

Thank God for my parent's life as well.. wink

Lol yeah we thank God
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Maxymilliano(m): 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2013
Rest In Peace ma'am
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by cap28: 1:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
adaobi123:

To be honest she lived long and had a very comfortable life - i mean she is very fortunate to have lived till 87, many of her victims will never get the same chance, all the lives she destroyed, all the hopelessness and despair she caused...........

4 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by anonimi: 1:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nightshift: I just saw the news on Bloomberg Television. Once called 'Iron Lady', Margaret Thatcher was one of the racist hawks who saw nothing wrong about the then Apartheid government in South Africa. She even called Nelson Mandela a terrorist, and ANC a terrorist organization! She's joined her buddy Roland Reagan. Well, God decides when its time up....

The American Congress made up of Democrats and Reagan's Republicans did the same thing.
BTW, she had been sick with dementia among other things for quite a while hence this must be a relief to her and her loved ones.
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by mysticgal(f): 1:20pm On Apr 08, 2013
uk iron lady,the racist.anyway Rip

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by FXKing2012(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
The 'iron lady' is gone. We all gonna go at some point so always do good and never die without accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.

3 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
anonimi:
You should speak for yourself please.
She turned the British economy around by placing emphasis on productivity and entrepreneurship. Understandably the lazy loafers who are so dependent on government handouts would not like her.
Britain is much better for her administration and those with their heads properly screwed on their shoulders would wish she were PM now to take the drastic measures needed to revamp the economy that is now in doldrums again after many years of Labour handouts to lazy bums.
BTW, why don't you come to Nigeria where everyone is just sharing the Niger Delta oil wealth and producing next to nothing
RIP Margaret Thatcher, Iron Lady.

Take your sermon to Newcastle and Glasgow - and see if the yobs there won't lynch you... grin

5 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nightshift(m): 1:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao @ the bolded... Ronald Reegan probably beat that... grin
The dou were like Adolf Hitler and the short Italian dictator, Benito Mussolini. Mrs. Thatcher and Reagan were united in their hatred for people of colour. Our own Tunde Idiagbon didn't give a damn when Umaru Dikko was bundled in a crate, bound to Nigeria under Mrs. Thatcher's nose. She was very active during the final lap of the cold war as well.

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
adaobi123:

Lol yeah we thank God

Hmmm
Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by yuzedo: 1:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
She is my nebor befor befor in Ojota.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nightshift: The dou were like Adolf Hitler and the short Italian dictator Moselini. Mrs. Thatcher and Reagan were unified by their hatred for people of colour. But our own Tunde Idiagbon didn't give a damn when Umaru Dikko was bundled in a crate, bound to Nigeria under Mrs. Thatcher's nose. She was very active during the final lap of the cold war as well.

Two racist leaders!!! grin The Reegan era destroyed black folks in America forever with crack cocaine and Maggi destroyed black people and the poor out here with her policies..

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
Had no idea that the woman was still alive oº°˚!! shocked shocked shocked. Tot she was dead since tey tey!!!
R. I. P Ma.....

5 Likes

Re: Margaret Thatcher Is Dead by vislabraye(m): 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
cap28:

Good riddance

May the same not be said about you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says / Man Arrested After Allegedly Touching Spanish Journalist’s Bottom Live On Air / Germany Bans Gathering Of More Than 2 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.