Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

The Lonely Widows And The Greedy/self Centered Relatives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Lonely Widows And The Greedy/self Centered Relatives (1966 Views)

Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives / Young Widows Open Up On Their Life And Séx / Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lonely Widows And The Greedy/self Centered Relatives by Rottweiler(m): 1:34pm On May 10, 2006
I lost a dear friend in a ghastly motorbike accident a few weeks ago. He left behind a young pregnant wife and two kids. Less than 3 weeks after his death I got reliable information that one of his brothers had in his possession, the late guy's ATM card. I also learnt that he got his pin code from one of the diaries he left in his hotel room. He was working in Lagos while his family was based in Port Harcourt having been transferred. Imagine, his brother kept withdrawing money from the account without thinking about the widow and kids. The widow ain't got no job. Who's gonna take car of them? His family was more concerned about sharing his cars and others they could lay their hands on forgetting that no one is immuned against DEATH.

After seeing my late friend three different times in my dream, I decided to act. I sent an anonymous email with a scanned copy of the guy's obituary to the bank informing them of the happening and requested that they block the account. Thank God they did but before then, the guy had withdrawn almost N700,000 from the account that had less than N4m.

If you were in my shoes what would you have done? Why are some people so mean?
Re: The Lonely Widows And The Greedy/self Centered Relatives by memyself2(f): 2:55pm On May 10, 2006
May his soul rest in peace,God wouldnt give his widow a burden more than she can bear(amen)its really sad sad
Re: The Lonely Widows And The Greedy/self Centered Relatives by icebitch(f): 5:14pm On May 11, 2006
That was a very nice thing to do. GOD BLESS YOU !!! A MILLION TIMES. i dont know why people act like that, they dont realise that they will die one day and that these children will grow up one day. its just very sad that people aclt like animals. why would he want to spend his brothers hard earned money. it is such a pity africans act that way.i know that god will punish that guy in a way he least expects. AMEN!!! he surely would be the one begging for money to eat and survive from the woman very soon AMEN!!!! the bible makes quite a lot of provision for the widows and fatherless children. GOD@S ANGER WOULD BE POURED ON HIM!!! AMEN GOD WULD HEAP BURNING COALS ON HIM AMEN. here are som bible verses.

Exodus 22:24 (Whole Chapter)
My anger will blaze forth against you, and I will kill you with the sword. Your wives will become widows, and your children will become fatherless

Psalm 68:5 (Whole Chapter)
Father to the fatherless, defender of widows-- this is God, whose dwelling is holy.

Isaiah 1:17 (Whole Chapter)
Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the orphan. Fight for the rights of widows
Re: The Lonely Widows And The Greedy/self Centered Relatives by Ndipe(m): 7:26am On Aug 05, 2007
Widows need to assert themselves in Nigeria, but they seem burdened by traditions of our land. Same stuff happened to my cousin, a Medical doctor, her properties were seized by her inlaws, on one condition - - -, that she marries her husband's eldest brother. Can you imagine that? But there was no incident of some sort when my father died. I guess it it had to do with my mom's assertive nature, so when my dad died and was buried, everybody returned back to their tents.

Meanwhile read my short story detailing the challenges faced by widows in their household.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-28531.0.html

(1) (Reply)

I Am Dying Silently, What Am I Suppose To Do? / See Why Baby Factory Of Underage Girls Are Many In Igboland / The Big, Scary Wedding Day Question: Speak Now Or Forever Remain Silent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.