Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,516 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? (19807 Views)

Mtn Bis Working Unlimited On Pc's And Android / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / Now That MTN BIS No Longer Works On PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by DonaldGenes(m): 7:53am On Apr 09, 2013
Abeq! Make una no vex.....
I just install my BB desktop on my HP laptop and I was wonderinq if I can browse with my MTn sim via my HSDPA(cracked) modem?

1 Like

Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by NEROSKY(m): 8:26am On Apr 09, 2013
4sure
Change the apn to blackberry.net
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by DonaldGenes(m): 8:59am On Apr 09, 2013
NEROSKY: 4sure
Change the apn to blackberry.net
Where will I click on to take me to where you told me so? No vex buddy

Mine is a new Hp 655 with Os of 8
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by Coldblooded(m): 11:06am On Apr 09, 2013
Don't be deceived cos it won't work unless u use a vpn(virtual private network)and den subscribe to the vpn(normally N500 a month). If u really need to use a bis to browse,I wil advice u to use airtel bis cos it works on modem n other phones.
But is ur mtn bis still unlimited cos I ran away from mtn to etibaba cos of dia new data cap of 200mb?
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by jayjaycool(m): 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
Cold blooded: Don't be deceived cos it won't work unless u use a vpn(virtual private network)and den subscribe to the vpn(normally N500 a month). If u really need to use a bis to browse,I wil advice u to use airtel bis cos it works on modem n other phones.
But is ur mtn bis still unlimited cos I ran away from mtn to etibaba cos of dia new data cap of 200mb?

The etisalat u are using is it with vpn? If yes is it Etisalat BIS or what? Thanks
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by Bodafix(m): 12:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
Is there anything from Etisalat?
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by Coldblooded(m): 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
jayjaycool:

The etisalat u are using is it with vpn? If yes is it Etisalat BIS or what? Thanks
I am just using it on ma bb not on modem or other phones.Etisalat bis doesn't work on other phones or modem (I think so cos I've not seen any1 say so). Maybe u can experiment it using a vpn (but I doubt if it will work)
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by DonaldGenes(m): 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2013
thanks guys
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by chygoz3(m): 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
Why bother yourself with mtn monthly blackberry subscription which also has a limit when you are just a call or a text away from getting unlimited internet subscription for use on your phones and modems? Holla at me on 08098620730 for info on how to go about it. Price is cheap. just 1k
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by GenOrumov: 11:01pm On Apr 10, 2013
Cold blooded: Don't be deceived cos it won't work unless u use a vpn(virtual private network)and den subscribe to the vpn(normally N500 a month). If u really need to use a bis to browse,I wil advice u to use airtel bis cos it works on modem n other phones.
It now works. Just change ur apn to blackberry.net as Nerosky says.
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by Coldblooded(m): 11:04pm On Apr 10, 2013
Gen. Orumov:

It now works. Just change ur apn to blackberry.net as Nerosky says.
really? Are u serious about that? Pls tell me more, have u tried it and it worked?
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by DonaldGenes(m): 4:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
Lemme see
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 12, 2013
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by DonaldGenes(m): 2:02pm On Apr 12, 2013
DonCrust: Use your Blackberry as modem on PC. All you need is a Windows 7 PC and a Blackberry phone with active BIS on it.
connect your USB to the BB
open your Blackberry Desktop Manager and go to Mobile internet setting and do the following...
Click on Add and create
Name: MTN Nigeria
user: web
Pass: web
APN: blackberry.net

you're good to go.

Courtesy of: Doncrust

Not browsinq oooooooOooooooo
Am usinq the new Hp 655 laptop.were will I find the place to do the confiq thinq
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by GenOrumov: 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2013
Cold blooded: really? Are u serious about that? Pls tell me more, have u tried it and it worked?
Yes it does. Just give it a try. Its even what I'm using now to reply you.
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by Coldblooded(m): 9:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
Gen. Orumov:

Yes it does. Just give it a try. Its even what I'm using now to reply you.
pls show me the detailed settings of the internet cos I changed my apn to blackberry.net and it still didn't go.
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by Bodafix(m): 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
Cold blooded: pls show me the detailed settings of the internet cos I changed my apn to blackberry.net and it still didn't go.
me too. pls help
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by mindtricks: 12:21am On Apr 14, 2013
Yes you can.
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 14, 2013
Please help ma bosses!!! I wanna browse with my mtn BIS, n pls must I use d blackberry desktop to do this?
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by MindExplorer(m): 11:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
You can activate your Mtn line for Unlimited browsing when trying to activate your normal BIS monthly subscription. I'd show you how to do just that. You can use it too on your blackberry device as well as on your computer system.
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by pendusky(m): 7:10am On Apr 27, 2013
Mtn staff him be oh!
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by EngrCrown: 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
Some pple will neva wana make dis naija a beta place. Wich 1 be call 'me' to get wot Ʊ also got free of charge.
Anywyz, 4 dos in nid of mtn bis/bbc browsing wit ur bb on lapy, dis is how it goes.
1. Install d bb desktop manager on ur lapy.
2.Click on 'Tools', frm d a pop-up menu, select 'mobile settings', den select 'add network'
3. Profile name: MTN or woreva Ʊ lyk
Username: web
Password: web
Access point: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net (or blackberry.net). Either of d 2 must work!!!
4. Cliq 'save'& den 'ok'
5. Den frm d 'Tools' menu, select 'connect'
6. Ensure Ʊ'r on 3G
Guess daz all. Daz wot av bin usin for several months. Since mtn bis is limited, shine ur eyez wella. Leh me no how far if dis works 4 Ʊ.
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by kallysky3(m): 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
AM ROCKING ON ETISALAT WITH MY SOFTWARE

Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by donifez(m): 10:28am On Jul 15, 2013
kallysky3: AM ROCKING ON ETISALAT WITH MY SOFTWARE

pls how does it work...The settings
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by livystone: 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
please i want to know if mtnbis have blocked , cos it conect but can not brows. for 3days it have been like that , please friends if there any other solution help me .
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by obosirow: 2:08am On Jul 21, 2013
TweakwareVPN was working with Etisalat but has been blocked. Had some limitations though, could not open HTTPS sites.
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by visalat(m): 12:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
Are you a lover of FREE UNLIMITED BROWSING?
Pc free browsing using your mtn blackberry is back and better.
Using your MTN BIS(1500) with gatewayvpn,you can browse FREE unlimited on your laptop,iphone,mac,win xp,android device unlimited.

Make sure you buy the MTN BIS which is N1500 then download Gatewayvpn at their site and connect your modem using blackberry.net as apn.
If you are an android or iphone user,got their site and get the settings at gatewayvpn.com/downloads.php

Browse FREE UNLIMITED TODAY
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by ican2020: 11:24am On Jul 22, 2013
visalat: Are you a lover of FREE UNLIMITED BROWSING?
Pc free browsing using your mtn blackberry is back and better.
Using your MTN BIS(1500) with gatewayvpn,you can browse FREE unlimited on your laptop,iphone,mac,win xp,android device unlimited.

Make sure you buy the MTN BIS which is N1500 then download Gatewayvpn at their site and connect your modem using blackberry.net as apn.
If you are an android or iphone user,got their site and get the settings at gatewayvpn.com/downloads.php

Browse FREE UNLIMITED TODAY

After going for MTN BIS of 1500, will I paid for gatewayvpn
Re: Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? by Ugokings4luv(m): 11:42am On Jul 22, 2013
DonCrust: Use your Blackberry as modem on PC. All you need is a Windows 7 PC and a Blackberry phone with active BIS on it.
connect your USB to the BB
open your Blackberry Desktop Manager and go to Mobile internet setting and do the following...
Click on Add and create
Name: MTN Nigeria
user: web
Pass: web
APN: blackberry.net

you're good to go.

Courtesy of: Doncrust
nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Your Average Download Speed? / Corel Draw Shortcuts Keys You Must Know / Socks Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.