Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section (13007 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by passion007: 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
This is by far the most interesting thread on NL. Couldn't stop laughing... Eko Ile my sister, I commiserate with you on your impending ban.

Dayokanu, Alj Harem - my condolences.

Ikenna, I'll be back in a week to see whether the bushmeat is now, contrary to expectation, hot on the hunter's trail.

Frankly, I used to ask everyone I met to register on NL, but over the past year I stopped doing that as I was actually introducing them to an evil they hitherto didn't know existed.
Nice move BTW.

5 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by aljharem(m): 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
wesley80: I dont know when you intend to start working but that human leech called alj harem has started a thread he's leading into mischief and is already deserving of your 7 day ban!

www.nairaland.com/1252100/ohanaeze-ndi-igbo-backs-amnesty-boko

Ban for bring out a topic ? You must be sick in the head
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by wesley80(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2013
^ That's why I called u a leech.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by splashbaby(m): 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2013
From all indications and comments made so far...no light at the end of the tunnel...the tribal war lords are more sophisticated than this solution obviously.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Pataki: 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2013
FreeGlobe:
You will be the first to delve into education and personalities but if I decide to reply you with that you will start ranting. Obviously you didn't know some of the words the zealous op flaged have been established beyond doubts to be harmless except insecure folks protesting against them. For instance Yoruba have been proved on this section to be harmless by Dede1 and supported by katsumoto and accepted by Oamje4. How will a car mod without any knowledge of events about the word flag it? the word Mr globe was banned for is a vague word and I don't think its directed at any body or group but trust the insecure ones to catch feelings

Stop whinging and serve the seven days ban. Next time Mr. Globe or whatever the useless troll calls himself will think twice before opening his tribal infested gob.

This forum deserves some rest from some bunch of tribalistic nuisances.

See him in seven days time. cool

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by OneNaira6: 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
I was wondering who ikenna was after i saw his name as part of the mod. okay

1. The fact that you volunteered to be a mod of this section tells us you really don't know what the heck you've put yourself into

2. your ban tatics won't work because immediately youban one, three seconds he or she is back with another ID doing the same you banned him/her for.

3.this its politics section, not much politics is discussed here. politics should be replaced with attack

4. get ready cause crybabies who will constantly attck for one being an Igbo mod and two the fact that you banned them

bonus addition: expect to get attack threads on your behalf by most tribalistic anytime they agree banned them.

that summarizes it. welcome to the crybaby section of NL. you'll have alot of baby sitting to do. Goodluck sha. i no kno how una don take am

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by FreeGlobe(f): 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
Pataki:

Stop whinging and serve the seven days ban. Next time Mr. Globe or whatever the useless troll calls himself will think twice before opening his tribal infested gob.

This forum deserves some rest from some bunch of tribalistic nuisances.

See him in seven days time. cool
I can say without any reservations that Mr. Globe is the least tribal person here. The mod is just testing his powers. You bunch of hypocrites are the ones who breed tribalism, still the ones to tell us when to have a tribal break. And again tribalism is beyond nairaland. If you ban Mr Globe irresponsibly who bans Sam omatseye the editor of Nations newspaper for tribalism anyways?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by 7842I: 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
alj harem: very funny. The issue of tribalism on the internet (not only on nairaland) cannot be tackled by mere post, bans and warning. It has to start from the top, likes of Sun newspaper and Odili news. Also with like of Achebe and co inciting the young generations into tribalism, I am sorry but it cannot end, it can only be reduced in moments.

Take this from me. Thanks to Achebe, the progress black have made in years to unite has just been broken again.

The only reason everybody thinks Achebe's book is a great success is because he brought to the fore issues which we all chose to wish away, truths which had been buried away and which had been spreading like ano ulcer, making it impossible for this country to be stagnant at best.

Sadly the same people that hid the truths are still arguing with it, but I agree with you, its a hopeless situation, and a hopeless union pretending to be a nation.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by splashbaby(m): 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I can say without any reservations that Mr. Globe is the least tribal person here. The mod is just testing his powers. You bunch of hypocrites are the ones who breed tribalism, still the ones to tell us when to have a tribal break. And again tribalism is beyond nairaland. If you ban Mr Globe irresponsibly who bans Sam omatseye the editor of Nations newspaper for tribalism anyways?
Your knack for lying is alarming.

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Maxymilliano(m): 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sounds like waking up to a sudden fuel subsidy removal pronouncements to some folks..

Wish you well bro
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
I reckon you'll crumble the politics section with this tactics.
You can't force change on people, neither can you ban anybody. Yes, you can't ban anyone, they'll simply create another account, so what else?

Only efforts like that of ivynwa (apologies 4 error) at brokering peace can bring about change not some threat of ban or intimidation, no body be pikin for here bros.

Welcome all the same and all the best.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by OurYansh: 9:40pm On Apr 09, 2013
I remember how Afam was jumping up and down like a drunk Kangaroo when he was made a MOD. He went about proclaiming himself the Messiah sent from heaven to tackle tribalism in politics section. I recall how he went from one thread to the other warning, banning and announcing those who've been banned.

Less than 4 months into his tenure he has obviously failed WOEFULLY!! Initial Gra Gra (IGG) doesn't ever work.....

Meanwhile I hope our new Oga can adopt the Monthly Debate that has been abandoned by Afam since Jarus' resignation....

4 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by nduchucks: 9:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
He
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by emiye(m): 10:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
@ OP, the issue of tribalism on nairaland is analogous to that of bokoharam in Northern nigeria.

It was not nipped in the bud, when it should have been done years ago, fighting it now will require more tact than aggression. I will suggest you try to collate the monikers of "kingpins" of tribalism of nairaland and relate with them privately via PM's, an appeal calling for truce or amnesty, it is also not easy changing a bad habit, you might give them a 7 day countdown or whatever days to end tribalism on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Demdem(m): 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2013
Our Yansh: I remember how Afam was jumping up and down like a drunk Kangaroo when he was made a MOD. He went about proclaiming himself the Messiah sent from heaven to tackle tribalism in politics section. I recall how he went from one thread to the other warning, banning and announcing those who've been banned.

Less than 4 months into his tenure he has obviously failed WOEFULLY!! Initial Gra Gra (IGG) doesn't ever work.....

Meanwhile I hope our new Oga can adopt the Monthly Debate that has been abandoned by Afam since Jarus' resignation....

Seun didnt mandate him to do such a thing. His objective is to strictly tackle tribal warlords like Afam was appointed to protect the Igbo interest.These ones arent interested in such discussions.
Again i state that the new mod has started on the wrong footing. banning is no solution, it will only bring out more genuity from tribal warlords
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dibiachukwu: 10:24pm On Apr 09, 2013
What Africans call tribalism is actually intense nationalism against fake boundaries created by foreigners. I want to the super hero that can stop tribalism. Africa is tribal and their is nothing wrong with that. The wrong thing is bigotry. Stop bigotry, leave tribalism. Build a real workable network around the real "tribal" nation of Africa and see fever peach development.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desinuola: 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
As long as there is tribalism in Nigeria, there would be TRIBALISM on Nairaland!

You can't force people to have a nationalistic outlook when they don't even believe in the entity called Nigeria!

I am first and foremost a Yoruba woman and i'm only identified as Nigerian only by way of my passport. I feel more love for my people than I do for other ethnic groups and have a close affinity to them.

If you are going to impose this draconian rule, then by all means, define what you term as "tribalism" and set out the rules clearly as you cannot ban anyone purely on their ethnic outlook. You have to set out what you deem offensive and would not tolerate.

Moreso, you cannot act as an individual; your other moderators and Seun, the owner of the site would have to co-sign your rules for it to have authority or legitimacy.

As it stands now, the no-more tribalism stance is yours and yours alone without any stamp of approval. Once you get it approved you must then set out the terms and conditions and be specific on what and what would not be allowed.

You are not Abacha or jonathan o. Don't think you can swan in here and dictate to us o. Who you be? Who be you?

Shio! Kelebe!! TWE!!!

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desinuola: 10:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
You claim to have banned my handle 'Desola' for refering to you as Okoro. What ganja do you smoke exactly? Isn't Okoro an ibo name? Wasn't it only very recently that we all deliberated over a Yoruba girl with the last name 'okoro'? what exactly is your problem? I made that comment before you opened a formal thread to 'outlaw' tribalism and even then, you did not make explicit that okoro was a prohibited term or name to be used. you applied your rule retrospectively. Where the heck is that done? You see, this is the problem most Nigerians have with you ibos. You are too brash and too forward. You do not think deeply before you make a decision. This is why a lot of Nigerians are jittery about the idea of an ibo president. What the heck is wrong with you people!?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Desinuola: 10:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
heck! the word tribalism is not even in the dictionary!

What is wrong with these people for goodness sake!

ok, so it is but this is how it is defined:

trib·al·ism
/ˈtrībəˌlizəm/
Noun
The state or fact of being organized in a tribe or tribes.
The behavior and attitudes that stem from strong loyalty to one's own tribe or social group.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?
q=definition%3A+tribalism&aq=f&oq=definition%3A+tribalism&aqs=chrome.0.57j58j62j61l3.4506j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

if tribalism is as it is described in the dictionary, why then is it wrong? Why are we not allowed to have strong loyalty to our own ethnic group or social group? I love Yorubas more than I do ibos - why is that a crime only on Nairaland?

You came out of no where, didn't pay homage to those you met in the position before you and just started imposing some silly rules any how.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Emperor007: 10:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
Nice move, if you can really change people.

Do you really know them? Can you really change them? The way we ( people ) think can not be same, never.

Welcome on board NL Politics section

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by dayokanu(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
Policewoman: And who asked for your opinion? If Ohaneze decides to ask for Amnesty for the bokos in order to make Kano safer for [size=18pt]ibos[/size], how does that concern your broke yoruba ass? I did not see you venting such steam when your yoruba party APC led by Tinubu vivited the north, donated N200 million to the Boko coffers and even called for Amnesty for them. Or have u now suddenly developed selective amnesia?

https://www.nairaland.com/1252100/ohanaeze-ndi-igbo-supports-amnesty-boko/2#15161778

Ikenna New Mod take note. 7 days ban

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Pataki: 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sorry to say, I see no smartness with this new moderator though.

You have been made a moderator, the next thing is to come up with your own draconian rules.

You will soon learn that gra-gra does not pay!

If you want to steer people away from tribalism...
.initiate intellectual debating threads/topic. This is what I expect the moderators of this forum to come up with. Not this infantile rants of banning here and there!

Shior!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
You can't legislate that which we are not into existence. What seems tribal to you might not really be so to other. Besides, there is nothing wrong with tribalism, what we should all condemn is bigotry.

Just make your laws and enforce them. Don't frame it as a war against tribalism but as set of rules that must not be broken. Gracias.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by OneNaira6: 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
They already started attacking this new mod for banning am. Lmfao. Ikenna see wetin u don put yourself into. hahaha. welcome oooo.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Ikenna351(m): 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
Keep calling me bluff while posts get hidden and usernames get banned. You guys really dont know me.

Ikenna.

3 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by oturugo(m): 11:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
@The OP, please tackle those forumites who insult the yorubas by referring them as Yo-rubbers. Also, those who insult the Igbo group by typing Ibo.
This has to stop.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Ikenna351(m): 11:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
oturugo: @The OP, please tackle those forumites who insult the yorubas by referring them as Yo-rubbers. Also, those who insult the Igbo group by typing Igbo.
This has to stop.

Thats my mission as a moderator in this section. Dont worry, let them bring up all their usernames. Am waiting for them.

Please, dont hesitate to report such post with such tribal offensive words/names in this thread, with the link. Would appreciate it.

Ikenna.

3 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by nduchucks: 11:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
Welcome aboard Mallam Ikenna,we wish you success in your new duty.

I'd like to point out that one of your critical success factors is consistency and you must strive to be consistent and work with your co moderators with mutual respect and support. I point your attention to this post by the senior moderator of this section and recommend that you stick with the stipulations therein so as not to introduce confusion in the section or spend the goodwill frequent politics section posters may have or potentially have for you.

OAM4J:

Haven gone through the links supplied by our 2 senior members Dede1 and Dayokanu, I wish to still plead that we refer to Nigeria South Easterners as Igbo and South Westerners as Yoruba only.

But we will no longer hide or ban those who refer to Yoruba as Yoruba and Yooba, and Igbo as Ibo, Ebo, Iboe, Eboe, Eboans and Heebo

Other variation outside these proven ones will be removed and might warrant a ban if convinced its not a typographical error but a deliberate attempt at ethnic slur.

Unless Of course our oga at the top says another thing otherwise.

Thank you.

As the senior moderator stated above, this is the rule of the section and if "oga at the top"has said otherwise,you should let us know else you will appear to be making the senior moderator appear to be an im.becile.

Once again, good luck to you.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by ladychoice: 12:06am On Apr 10, 2013
Yes plss! ! We tribalize everytin
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by seanet01: 12:28am On Apr 10, 2013
Ikenna351: Keep calling me bluff while posts get hidden and usernames get banned. You guys really dont know me.

Ikenna.
Who are you?
I am first of all a Yoruba boy and definitely love my people more than any ph.ucking tribe.
You cannot force me to like traitors.
You go tire for this forum.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by 2legit2qwt: 12:31am On Apr 10, 2013
seanet01: Who are you?
I am first of all a Yoruba boy and definitely love my people more than any ph.ucking tribe.
You cannot force me to like traitors.
You go tire for this forum.

That ain't the point, it's ok to love your tribe/more but the problem is where you draw the line. Don't attack other tribes or try to incite hatred in any form or shape.

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by dc555: 12:32am On Apr 10, 2013
tribalism is not a crime. the greater crime is nationalism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers / Osinbajo Presides Over NEC Meeting Today (Photos) / Kagara Shocker: No Contact With Abductors Of Students, Others — Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.