Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State (12359 Views)

Riot At Ikeja-Along Area Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway / Riot At Ikorodu Garage After Policemen Killed An Okada Rider / Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by dbride: 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
T-smooth:
Fulani are Nigerians and have the right to defend themselves. Why is it that thay hardly clash in any other Northern state except Jos and Benue? I guess Suswan and Jang are plotting evil against this fulani.

These two are not muslim states. The fulanis are settlers and are now pushing to take over using the jihadists tactics to reduce their hosts to the barest minimum. This is so subtle and they are not giving up. You give them, the fulanis, a little today, tomorrow they want more and even all. Remember what happened in Zango Kataf in Kaduna axis.

Kaduna originally was a non-muslim region with Gwaris in the majority. They infiltrated and now want to consume them. There are pockets of christians who are indigenes in Bornu, Bauchi, Sokoto, Kano, Adamawa. These too live in fear. While Taraba, Benue and Plateau are predominantly christian states. That's the picture so you can understand the frequent disturbances in these places.

1 Like

Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by SUBMARINE: 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
@RAWTRUTH How much do an AK 47 and 100bullets per day cost.? Guy wakeup. Profits 4rm Middle belt farm produce cant finance a war. That is why only a foolish Middle beltan insults the Igbos. Biafrans lost not because Nigerians are stronger but because they lack foreign cash 2 buy weapons
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by Empex(m): 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
rawtruth:

Well said.

Concerning the role the politicians from the areas are expected to play, particularly those from Benue state, the governor has been holding series of meetings with his Nassarawa state counterpart to find solution to this problem but to no avail. Senator George Akume whose constituency covers the affected areas reacted initially by donating money for the purchase of relief materials for victims of the earlier attacks in 2011 but has remained silent since then. The house of representative member from the area, Hon Emmanuel Jime, whose country home has been completely razed down, with more than 50 lives lost, in the present killing and burning sprees by the fulanis, led some selected reps to the affected communities with the period, 2011, and also donated relief materials. (casualty figure in yesterday's attack is very very high, take my word) Senator David Mark does not wish to be bothered about any problem affecting the Tivs. He has no house in Makurdi, the Benue state capital, which is situated in Tiv land. Governor Al-Makura of Nassarawa state does what the fulanis want. The killers who are mostly foreign mercenaries have camps in Nassarawa state where they usually sneaked into Benue to massacre and run back. This a fact known to anyone with interest in the matter.

The crux of the matter, however, is that fulanis don't respect any state governor, they take their instructions from the leaders of their cattle union, the Miyeti Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACABAN), which has the Sultan as its grand Patron. Read the comment of the union's national leader, Alhaji Sale Bayyari and you will agree with me.

It remains a puzzle when one observes the silence of fulani elites who know very well that nomadic grazing has no future in this crowded world but have chosen not to advice and assist their cattle-herding brethren to establish ranches for a more productive and secure cattle breeding. There is, therefore, more to these attacks than the grazing-right claims usually fronted as the cause of these crises. That the increase in the number and brutality of the attacks coincided with the upsurge in activities of boko haram is no mere coincidence! Just rewind the trend and you will appreciate my point more clearly. It's beyond the capacities of individual politicians. The bloodbath continues.

That is just the point I'm making, and all fingers still points to the political elites of the middle belt. It is unacceptable that nothing has being done to this half a century problem and they still parade themselves as representatives of the affected people. A lot can be done and what they are doing is simply incongruous, whenever there is an attack, they come home from their permanent base in Abuja to give relieve materials without addressing the issue that led to the unrest frontally, the people who attack and kill fulani herdsmen should be fished out, the perpetrators of any unprovoked or reprisal attack by the fulanis should also be made to face the music.In all, let the rule of law reign supreme. For as long as people think that they can wrecked untold harvoc on anybody and walk out unscathed, reprisal and unprovoked attack from these two groups of people who have perenial mistrust between them will linger.
Back to what I think is the solution and why I find the politicians culpable of this macabre stasis. Immigration is a problem the world over and responsible government have found ways of assimilating the immigrants while still preserving the identity of the land and its people, if reserved fields are provided to these herdsmen, these unnecessary skirmishes are attenuated to a great extent, and since primary education is compulsory in these states, government should ensure that occupants of these field understand that it is a requisite condition for ingress. I have seen such practices in a documentary on spain. Sure this would cost money, it is by far cheaper than the cost of human lives. Rather than continuing these feudal politics that the elites of idomas/igede/ & tivs of Benue state are so incline to do, they should work together as no zone in the state has being unaffected. Last year the Agatu LGA was also at the receiving end of these unsavoury show of might- that is David Mark's own Benue south I guess.you are right that the bloodbath continues, for as long as the kingpin, sponsors and perpetrators of these dastardly acts are not brought to book, they are invariably being told to keep it up.
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
mmmustapha: son of a bitch how dare u to accused our gentle premier, u r a disgrace to ur family donkey.
This is apparently a case of mad cattle syndrome...or did anybody shout allau akbarrr? Nonsense...some day you cows gonna be shown the way out, booted out to the place you aliens belong...and i really pity those unfortunate middle beltans who still,like zombies,align themselves with the core annihilating,genociding north at arewa consultative forum,acf,northern elders forum,nef,northern senators forum,nsf, forums upon forums meetings even at the national assembly,opposing and kicking against bills and motions percieved to favor the south eg PIB,SNC,TRUE FEDERALISM,etc...seriosly God help you guys.
SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE AND TRUE FEDERALISM IS NOW.
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by samkoro: 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dede1: It is unfortunate that the chickens have come home to roost. Again, it is unfathomable when most people think they can eat their cake and have it. I am not perturbed one bit about what is happening in northern region of Nigeria today. Blame the government of Nigeria which ironically the so-called middle belt sons and daughters have assisted to foist on Nigerians.

Where were the middle belt jokers when their bedfellows allowed the Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri to acquire military styled weapons? It is very sad to watch a young Fulani teenage girl in northern region of Nigerian openly brandishing AK-47 in public when the people in middle belt and southern Nigeria can not openly carry bow and arrow without a question from the Nigerian authorities.

The fear of Biafra is driving Nigeria to a suicidal limit. Nigeria has given away Bakassi and now Islamic northern region of Nigeria is armed to the teeth while middle and southern Nigeria are not allowed to carry walking stick.

Yes !yes yes! The fear of Biafra has caused uncountable damages.Evev when the Biafrans are drinking tea some get scared to death.Imagine giving away a large potion of a region(Bakasi peninsula) inetrnationaly recognised as enomous in oil reserve,on a platter of gold.No country has done that.

The people that were at the international court of justice has never given out land free of charge,instead they take it and shut u up.

For fear of Biafra,people suffer and smile.

For fear of Biafra no positive revolution can happen successfuly in Nigeria.

We are watching to see where all these pretence will head to

3 Likes

Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by Empex(m): 8:10pm On Apr 10, 2013
@Rawtruth, also do not waste precious time responding to all those singing war song, they hide behind their monitors writing crap, they've not seen war that's why they take this peace (however transient that it is) for granted.
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by kettykings: 8:14pm On Apr 10, 2013
informatix: why are people so miophic this type is tussle is between farmers and cattle rearers and have been explained by Baba Aremu several times. In Adamawa(the only fulani state) Fulani Cattle rearers and Fulani Farmers are always Fighting every year is a seasonal event.

Must Cows Graze on Farm lands. What are these cows doing on people's farms , The Day for Reckoning of Fulanis is coming soon
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by boarnerges: 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2013
kponke denge: Is benue in nigeria sad sad

no, it is in somalia
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by dnawah(m): 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
coldgate: Who are the Fulanis? Are they Nigerians?
ETsgrin
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by ikweremilitant: 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2013
Emperor_007: What's going on?

dis fulanis re pain in d ass
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by Yujin(m): 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dede1: It is unfortunate that the chickens have come home to roost. Again, it is unfathomable when most people think they can eat their cake and have it. I am not perturbed one bit about what is happening in northern region of Nigeria today. Blame the government of Nigeria which ironically the so-called middle belt sons and daughters have assisted to foist on Nigerians.

Where were the middle belt jokers when their bedfellows allowed the Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri to acquire military styled weapons? It is very sad to watch a young Fulani teenage girl in northern region of Nigerian openly brandishing AK-47 in public when the people in middle belt and southern Nigeria can not openly carry bow and arrow without a question from the Nigerian authorities.

The fear of Biafra is driving Nigeria to a suicidal limit. Nigeria has given away Bakassi and now Islamic northern region of Nigeria is armed to the teeth while middle and southern Nigeria are not allowed to carry walking stick.
Well said Dede. The fear of Biafra is Nigeria's albatross. Most people of Nigeria do not know that justice, equity and fairness is what drove Ndigbo for Biafra: provide these and see the quest for Biafra fizzle away.
@topic,
Some of my teenagehood days was spent among Biafran war veterans of Middlebelt origin. Some of them were seriously deformed. Those men seriously regretted what happened and admitted that they were deceived. I was even given a piece of land by one of them now of blessed memory. Peaceful people I must tell you. One thing I noticed is that most people esp. Christians understand a general threat to their lives only when they have become victims themselves. To a degree of certainty, I can say that any MB man here on Nairaland who still insults Ndigbo has not been a victim. But my question remains: must we all (Christians) be victims before we identify the real enemy of freedom and peace here in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by Ward6(m): 11:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
Okija_juju: So Benue is still existing as a State in Nigeria?!

The Last News out of that State was that they all had HIV..

Monkey! Na ur mama firts carry HIV enta benue
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by Ward6(m): 11:30pm On Apr 10, 2013

Monkey! Na ur mama first carry HIV enta benue
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by confusion247(m): 11:33pm On Apr 10, 2013
kettykings:

Why are they protesting instead of fighting the Fulanis back , these jokers once swore to defend the unity of Nigeria with their last drop of blood why cant they defend themselves with one drop of their sweat
I think Gowon should be the right person to answer this question.

1 Like

Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by confusion247(m): 11:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
SUBMARINE: @RAWTRUTH How much do an AK 47 and 100bullets per day cost.? Guy wakeup. Profits 4rm Middle belt farm produce cant finance a war. That is why only a foolish Middle beltan insults the Igbos. Biafrans lost not because Nigerians are stronger but because they lack foreign cash 2 buy weapons
I am sure that in the next few years, Gowon and his people will become history. Thanks to one Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by skyworld8: 11:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
DSTV Software
Start Waching SuperSport 6 Live on your Laptop
please share with caution and dont allow it to be blocked.

Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by confusion247(m): 11:41pm On Apr 10, 2013
Fulaniiiiiiiii poweraaaaaaa .....One Nigeria at its best. Gowon this is one Nigeria and the fulanis are killing in the spirit of One Nigeria and indivisible north. Now the middle belt is fighting a war of survival with nobody to help them. One Nigeria as prescribed by Gowon and Awolowo. Fulaniiiiiiiii poweraaaaaaa

2 Likes

Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by Cityguy: 11:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
mmmustapha: Without these fulani ppl u wil wil nt b getin meat
In essence, let the killings continue since we eat their cow meat? Ugh! Just when I think u don't need bedlam again,........
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by Cityguy: 11:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
What amuse me are those sophisticated weapons they came to protest with grin
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by rapmike(m): 12:36am On Apr 11, 2013
T-smooth:
Fulani are Nigerians and have the right to defend themselves. Why is it that thay hardly clash in any other Northern state except Jos and Benue? I guess Suswan and Jang are plotting evil against this fulani.
THAT IS A LIE!!! FULANI HERDSMEN HAVE WRECKED SERIOUSLY HAVOC IN VARIOUIS PARTS OF NIGERIA DURING LAST YR AND THIS YEAR. THEY HAVE[b]ATTACKED AND RAPE WOMEN IN SOME STATES AND THEIR CATTLE CAN BE A SOURCE OF SERIOUS TRAFFIC CONGESTION WHEN THEY CROSS[/b]. I HOPE THE GOVERNMENT WILL DO SOMETHING ABT THIS AFTER THE RIOT
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by emygreat747(m): 1:21am On Apr 11, 2013

The Last News out of that State was that they all had HIV[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]..
Guy go nd Bleep ur mum,bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by ojeka1(m): 1:42am On Apr 11, 2013

you mumu like your papa

1 Like

Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by marex: 2:24am On Apr 11, 2013
It was quite a chaotic scene I witnessed on that way today @ about the Daudu town axis. Had to dash back to Mak town for safety. Loss of man hours , I must say. I later on passed thru the road and all is calm & quiet now, with lots of security personnel manning the flash points & a couple of natives fleeing the town with their belonging , for fear of the herdsmen attack perhaps @ night. Hmmm. angry
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by MeAboki(m): 2:51am On Apr 11, 2013
Lachynos2k2: very soon na una go dey chop una meat alone..we downsouth can do wit alternative meat sources.

Human meat, no doubt.
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by ekolina(m): 3:22am On Apr 11, 2013
ckkris: In 1965, when Tivs rioted against the misrule of Northern Premier, Ahmadu Bello, he instructed Major Chris Anuforo, Commander JTF, to shoot to kill the rioters. Major Anuforo refused, insisting, according to their training, that he takes orders only from the Prime Minister through the GOC. The major was promptly redeployed, and that was one of the reasons he and other majors overthrew that Govt. Then war started. These very Tivs then joined forces to massacre Major Anuforo and his people. Will anyone Ibo rise to their defence again? This is one of the reasons THEY don't allow discussions of the Civil War. But will any Ibo speak up again for the Middle Belt? They must bear their Fulani cross. And the Fulani are relentless. Long live
ONE NAJERIA.
We dnt nid d dfense of d ibos......... Imagine ibo dfendin sb, dat can even sale deir brodas. Mind u yeluwata is nt benue but nasarawa, d tivs der r minority. Fulani can't go 2 a core tiv land n fight
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by tit(f): 4:20am On Apr 11, 2013
ekolina: We dnt nid d dfense of d ibos......... Imagine ibo dfendin sb, dat can even sale deir brodas. Mind u yeluwata is nt benue but nasarawa, d tivs der r minority. Fulani can't go 2 a core tiv land n fight
You don dey brag now. You guys will soon be jumping up and down in Mak town with Fulani people at the gate.
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by palmasglobal: 4:32am On Apr 11, 2013
We are talking something important here that affect the security of every nigerian pple here are talking regionality, the fulani man has no boundry they claim state that dont belong to them, even in the igbo land they still claim land there, they still attack igbo community in enugu, so what are we talking about. some people in nairaland are just too sentimental for my likened, please if you cannot contribute meaningfully go and watch television that is if you have one, if not for the GSM phone today i beleive many on nairaland will not have acces to the internet but they are here talking igbo helping the middle belt, dont talk of biafra here because most of you agitating for biafra just read it on books and papers, please ask your parent about biafra, they will not wish you talk about it, dont get too boostful on oil that is not yours but for the NigerDeltans, are igbo part of the NigerDelta? think about it, igbos will continue to be slave to nigerdeltan if the country decide to splits in bits and pieces. so lets talk unity and harmony on how to deal with this meanace of insecurity, what we all know here is that housa/fulanis can never win in any of there battle either in the north,sout,middle belt, etc, if they have the capicity to do that they would have done it. long live Nigeria. Remember The End is at hand Jesus loves you.
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by mikeokiro: 6:00am On Apr 11, 2013
palmasglobal: We are talking something important here that affect the security of every nigerian pple here are talking regionality, the fulani man has no boundry they claim state that dont belong to them, even in the igbo land they still claim land there, they still attack igbo community in enugu, so what are we talking about. some people in nairaland are just too sentimental for my likened, please if you cannot contribute meaningfully go and watch television that is if you have one, if not for the GSM phone today i beleive many on nairaland will not have acces to the internet but they are here talking igbo helping the middle belt, dont talk of biafra here because most of you agitating for biafra just read it on books and papers, please ask your parent about biafra, they will not wish you talk about it, dont get too boostful on oil that is not yours but for the NigerDeltans, are igbo part of the NigerDelta? think about it, igbos will continue to be slave to nigerdeltan if the country decide to splits in bits and pieces. so lets talk unity and harmony on how to deal with this meanace of insecurity, what we all know here is that housa/fulanis can never win in any of there battle either in the north,sout,middle belt, etc, if they have the capicity to do that they would have done it. long live Nigeria. Remember The End is at hand Jesus loves you.

@ palmasglobal
What u just wrote up there shows ur ignorance, may I ask you which are the oil producing stated of Nigeria and what are the tribes that made up of them, and ask urself which tribes covers imo, abia , 85% of Riverstate and 30% of delta state , and you should go and find out wat states that made up of the nigerdelta
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by ochigbooyi: 6:02am On Apr 11, 2013

U just a retard,that is jobless and has no means of livelihood,u just browsing the internet from a stolen phone!
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by ckkris: 6:18am On Apr 11, 2013
confusion247: Fulaniiiiiiiii poweraaaaaaa .....One Nigeria at its best. Gowon this is one Nigeria and the fulanis are killing in the spirit of One Nigeria and indivisible north. Now the middle belt is fighting a war of survival with nobody to help them. One Nigeria as prescribed by Gowon and Awolowo. Fulaniiiiiiiii poweraaaaaaa
General TY Danjuma declared at ABU that there is civil war in the north. The Ibos should not buy the case wey no concern them, as they did in 1965-66, when operation wetie was destroying lives and property in the wild wild western Nigeria, and Tivs were fighting Fulani oppression in the Middle Belt. They all RECONCILED in joining forces to destroy Ibos well well. Experience is the best teacher.
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by Umaekpe: 6:30am On Apr 11, 2013
mmmustapha: Without these fulani ppl u wil wil nt b getin meat
completely liar,wtout dem my dear dere must b excess mean to eat,if dis door closes another one open.
Re: Riot At Yelwata, Along Makurdi-Abuja Expressway, Guma Lg. Benue State by Sisom(f): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2013
with all these happenings truly : THERE WAS A COUNTRY8-)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dumo Lulu-Briggs Dumps PDP For APC / APGA NEC Cancels Anambra Primary, Nulifies Disqualification Of Aspirants / I Didn't Violate Any Law - Peter Obi On Pandora Paper (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.