Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,373 members, 7,781,047 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:02 AM

Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal (8492 Views)

Difference Between Web Portal And Website? / Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? / Cost of Designing & Hosting a Web Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by Afritop(m): 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
ThiS shows that Jonathan's govt have being negligent in their official duties.It also shows thAt they failed in achieving set targets. No one knows the govt's plans of tommorrow
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
Orikinla: [size=15pt]Government websites in Nigeria are among the worst websites I have ever seen in the world.
The ruling party PDP's website is like something designed and managed by an American kid in elementary school. There were even Google AdWord adverts on it some months ago. grin
When you see the PDP's website, you will know that the so called largest political party in Africa is a political fraud.[/size]
Lol...Hahaha...Somebody is trying to make a living out of the national website. I can't stop laughing over that.
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by hiconet: 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
WWW.NIGERIASITE DAT IS ALL
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by j4jj: 8:55pm On Apr 12, 2013
Who cares? You have seen pics of America white house bt hv Who has ever seen d pics of Aso Rock
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by peruso: 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
just to be sure i visited........ smh

but guess what i did first i typed "government of south sudan" and it opened immediately and what isaw there is the same news streaming on cnn right now. thats just to prove that they are up todate......

but when i typed government of nigeria........ mr goodluck was just doing 'SMILE AND WAVE".......

smh
this people have decided to turn everything into a big joke
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by supaeagles(m): 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
you cannot categorically say that Nigeria has no functional web portal. Go to :-
www.nairaland (cough) - that's it
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by TeenageMoney(m): 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2013
www.nigeria datz all

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by luluosas(m): 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2013
Arise O compatriots
Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fathers land.....
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by luluosas(m): 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
supaeagles: you cannot categorically say that Nigeria has no functional web portal. Go to :-
www.nairaland (cough) - that's it
Here is the result of your address

Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by livethinme: 11:53pm On Apr 12, 2013
thelastPope:

This point is that these stuff have not really existed over the years. Most of these stuff are really starting from scratch. That is one credit people dont give to the current FG. People comment like they have been in power forever. Most of these projects they have started are less than 2 years old. I am waiting to personally critic the new portal. I dont expect it to be wow, but I do expect it to be functional and to provide the right information and services. If it provides the services as listed in the announcement and it works well, I will commend them. I dont care much about the aesthetics. But if the function and services dont work, I will give them the stick.

You mean a website for the federal government?
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by Iykeponti(m): 6:42am On Apr 13, 2013
Giant of Africa grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by mu2sa2: 8:12am On Apr 13, 2013
PGON: i can redesign and maintain at no cost.....

Just for my Country NGN

but see
Eyaa sorry, you wont get it because you imply that you are not the type that play ball.
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by Abok1(m): 10:14am On Apr 13, 2013
thelastPope:

This point is that these stuff have not really existed over the years. Most of these stuff are really starting from scratch. That is one credit people dont give to the current FG. People comment like they have been in power forever. Most of these projects they have started are less than 2 years old. I am waiting to personally critic the new portal. I dont expect it to be wow, but I do expect it to be functional and to provide the right information and services. If it provides the services as listed in the announcement and it works well, I will commend them. I dont care much about the aesthetics. But if the function and services dont work, I will give them the stick.

please, if you don't know what to say don't talk. How long does it take to develop a word class website? What are they developing for two years, is it a social media portal. What's the point in having the domain name registered without a functional website in place, this singular act shows the level of non professionalism that occurs in our government agencies. And someone is trying to justify this as being okay.
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 13, 2013
[size=14pt]Someones head needs to roll on this embarrassment.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2013
Enough. Things have changed. Visit again: http://www.nigeria.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by OgaATheTop: 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
^^^ I once had an insider in a certain state government "office" that had a website that hadn't been updated in 4 years, yet an annual budget of N20m was set aside for "maintenance" of same website tongue

But this should not surprise you na.. the Nigerian Police College has had a budget since the last 3 decades for a Data Center and still yet they have a dilapidated store room with a few non-functional systems as a Data Center.. go figure
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by dokia: 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
ofcourse we do...my oga at the top is still deciding which website we will use............dats all smiley

----------------
Best Way to call Naija: http://www.smileandtalk.com
Re: Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Dea.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Your Facebook Ads Are Not Getting Clicks / 5 Categories Of Bloggers In Nigeria. Which One Are You? / How To Get Tons Of FREE Traffic To Your Website With Google Traffic Pump System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.