Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee (11566 Views)

Buhari Commends Saraki, Dogara, Lawmakers For Passing 2016 Budget / Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna / Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Maxymilliano(m): 8:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
Abeokuta – Former military Head of State retired Gen. Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday gave a rare commendation to the Federal Government for setting up a committee on the fundamentalist Boko Haram sect.

The Federal Government on April 4, said that a committee would be set up to look into the possibility of granting amnesty to members of Boko Haram, who had been waging a bloody campaign against the country in recent years.

Buhari gave the commendation while addressing newsmen in Abeokuta.

The former head of state who was in Ogun to commiserate with Mrs Hannah Awolowo on the death of her son, Oluwole Awolowo, described the amnesty gesture for Boko Haram as a welcome development.

“It is good that the Federal Government has set up a committee on amnesty. I have not seen the terms of reference but it is a good step in the right direction.”

He described the decision as a bold step capable of restoring peace to troubled areas of the country, adding, “whatever that will bring peace to us as a people, we should do”.

Buhari who noted that there had been precedence on the issue of amnesty, recalled that the former Niger Delta militant group once benefitted from a similar gesture.

“This is not the first time amnesty will be granted to a violent group. You remember it was granted to the militant group in the Niger Delta during the time of late President Musa Yar’adua.”

Buhari, a former presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the 2011 general elections, was accompanied by Mr Tunde Bakare, his running mate during the elections.

The CPC chieftain, who had earlier addressed party supporters, said he was in the state to condole with the Awolowo’s over the death of Oluwole.

He said that he would also go to Ekiti, to commiserate with the government over the death of Mrs Funmilayo Olayinka, the Deputy Governor of the state who died on
April 6. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/buhari-commends-jonathan-on-boko-haram-cttee/
Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by talktimi(m): 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
I have a better alternative, GEJ pls release the names of BH sympathizers you say you have in your cabinet... cool

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Maxymilliano(m): 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
In a related news ...

Buhari, Bakare Visit Awujale

Retired Gen. Muhammed Buhari, the CPC presidential candidate in the 2011 general election and his running mate, Tunde Bakare,on Wednesday paid a courtesy visit to Oba Sikiru Adetona , the Awujale of Ijebuland.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the CPC National Chairman, Chief Tony Momoh, the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Alhaji Aminu Masari, and other dignitaries were also in the delegation.

Adetona, in his remarks, expressed gratitude to the visiting delegation, saying:
“You have our confidence and it is my prayer, God will keep you to be of great service to this nation.

“Your records of achievements, character, discipline and integrity have been noted by everybody.''

Also speaking, Buhari said he decided to visit the traditional ruler on his way back from Ikenne where he went to condole with the Awolowo family over the death of Chief Oluwole Awolowo.

He commended Adetona for his love and contribution to the development of the nation.

NAN reports that Buhari, Bakare and Momoh later had a closed door meeting with the monarch which lasted for an hour.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/51848/2013/04/10/buhari_bakare_visit_awujale.html
Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Tsmooth1(m): 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2013
yeah! That's my Man in action! Nothing do you sir!

Haters are coming to say Buhari is a Boko Haramist. cool

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2013
He should go to Aso Rock and apologize to GEJ and promise not to contest election again till his death. Full Stop!

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by ShineuEye: 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
boko haram in chief seeking amnesty.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by jmaine: 10:03pm On Apr 10, 2013
I aint surprised . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by solopumpy227: 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2013
Thank you GMB. We need you to do more interviews, visitations and clarifications. We know you are a goodman with exceptional records but we want to see you more often in Oweri, Port-harcourt,Benin, Ilorin, Onitsha and Jos getting involved.

Your supporters (especially) in the South have questions to ask and we only take your words not reported "lies" from the dubious looters in government.

As you visit Southern states please talk to us on radios, TVs and town-halls. Many patriotic Nigerian youths are ready to be there whenever you call on us.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2013
Billyonaire:
He should go to Aso Rock and apologize to GEJ and promise not to contest election again till his death. Full Stop!
hmmmmm, Army General apologise?? I beg to disagree on this notion sir !. Buhari carries himself too high and would never show(display)this level of humility you proposed

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2013
finally Buhari says something about Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by OurYansh: 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2013
Billyonaire:

I find your senselessness very appalling...

cool

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
chiover: hmmmmm, Army General apologise?? I beg to disagree on this notion sir !. Buhari carries himself too high and would never show(display)this level of humility you proposed

Then he is not fit to be a leader.
He who wants to be a leader must first become a servant - Jesus, Founder of Christianity.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 10, 2013
Our Yansh:

cool
I like your monika
Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by mike404(m): 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
Our Yansh:

cool
YOUR YANSH don't you think ya si.ck
Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by segelity(m): 9:41am On Apr 11, 2013
Tunder go fire all of dem wey dey spoil this nigeria plus those wey dey support lawlessness..amen.
Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by segelity(m): 9:44am On Apr 11, 2013
berem: yeah! That's my Man in action! Nothing do you sir!

insanity state of mind.
Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by spywareczar(m): 9:47am On Apr 11, 2013
smh 4 naija kinda politics
Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by eldoradoxx: 9:47am On Apr 11, 2013
solopumpy227: Thank you GMB. We need you to do more interviews, visitations and clarifications. We know you are a goodman with exceptional records but we want to see you more often in Oweri, Port-harcourt,Benin, Ilorin, Onitsha and Jos getting involved.

Your supporters (especially) in the South have questions to ask and we only take your words not reported "lies" from the dubious looters in government.

As you visit Southern states please talk to us on radios, TVs and town-halls. Many patriotic Nigerian youths are ready to be there whenever you call on us.
Though I am PDP, I have always shared your views. To be a true politician you must be able to mix up well. Remove some of your prejudices, you must attend burials, weddings, birthday celebrations , visit churches, mosques and even shrines not necessarily because you ascribe to what is practised there but because a politician seeks office to governor all manner of people with divergent views, background. Hope Buhari's handlers should manage his public image better to re create his perception as a fundamentalist who lives a recluse life.
Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 11, 2013
Billyonaire:
Is it just me, the 40 laptop crew don't seem to make any sensible comments these days same with their bosses at the top

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by oluomad(m): 9:51am On Apr 11, 2013
BUhari»»». Stop deceiving us, he knows he will also get muny from d amnesty to fund his campaign!! Dose boko boys are willing to gv up dia amnesty fee for his campaign!!

This man will go and organise more men to com and collct d amnesty muny for his campaign!!

Buhari is a deceiver-

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by engrfcuksmtin(m): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2013
Billyonaire:
You are so duuuummmmb. How old are you? Nairaland is filled with all KINDS of human being. *spits*

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by oluomad(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2013
berem: yeah! That's my Man in action! Nothing do you sir!

Berem»» Badly Extremely $ Rearranged Exported Mongolian!! Dats what u are

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 11, 2013
We know that you are very happy General.

The picture is getting clearer by the day
Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by gerald09(m): 10:01am On Apr 11, 2013
This country is full of crap! Giving boko haram amnesty is just like pouring gasoline into an open flame n expect the fire to go off. Nigeria is about to experience the greatest mistake of its existence if they approve dis amnesty. This will just create another means of illegal money making. Well as they say, NOBODY TELLS A BLIND MAN ITS RAINING. By grating amnesty Nigeria is about to feel the wrath of its angry youth in d hope they too can get amnesty.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by gunuvi(m): 10:05am On Apr 11, 2013
At least if he don't win his boys will benefit from the amnesty.
Now the picture are getting clearer.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Godjone(m): 10:05am On Apr 11, 2013
that is pure deciet. Buhari is a wicked liar. He has style of making statements and its been determined by the geographical locations he finds himself. Whenever in the southern part of Nigeria, he made suportive coments lyk, 'i comend FG', 'The govt of Gej is trying', Boko haram are heartless' etc. But when in his terrain (northern Nigeria), he spit fire like a dragon. You wil hear, 'boko haram are fighting injustice', the govt of Gej is operating a rudderless economy and very clueless to tackle insecurity', 'boko haram is ur baby, GEJ', blood must flow if i loose this election, etc. No mater how Buhari paints it, he remains an enemy to the country and xtains as well.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by nairaman66(m): 10:06am On Apr 11, 2013
To Mr Ebele Goodluck Jonathan, I suggest you create a platform/committee,

* To SCRAP the Amnesty given to the NigerDelta Militants with immediate effect.
* SCRAP the SURE-P project because it is a SHAM.
* Never to think about granting BH boys Amnesty at all.
* Pay Social Security to all Nigerian Youths, expect ally those in the NigerDelta, even those in diaspora should benefit.
* Increase Minimum Wage Structure for Civil Servants.
* Decrease the wanton embezzlement in form of salaries to both the House of Reps and The Senate.
* Increase the monthly allowance of the NYSC without delay.
* Pass a Bill for CAPITAL PUNISHMENT for corruption at all levels/arms of Government.

Only then we'll know what you truly mean by -Fresh Air grin.

A Stitch In Time, Saves Nine!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by miiraaj: 10:12am On Apr 11, 2013
talktimi: I have a better alternative, GEJ pls release the names of BH sympathizers you say you have in your cabinet... cool
The first three on the list are;
1) Goodluck Jonathan
2) Namadi Sambo
3) Late Gen. Azazi

Others will follow shortly....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by Burger01(m): 10:14am On Apr 11, 2013
Buhari!! We no do. Na by force?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by ylaa(f): 10:15am On Apr 11, 2013
RUBBISH. WHY WONT HE COMMEND GEJ, AFTERALL HE IS ONE OF THEM. SHAME ON ALL BOKO HARAM.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee by OrangeHokage(m): 10:17am On Apr 11, 2013
Billyonaire:
dumb Bleep undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let Compare Anambra State And Oyo State (photos) / The Economist 2016 Cover Page / Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.