Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Flying With Iberia Airline - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flying With Iberia Airline (14560 Views)

How Good Is Iberia Airline. / Your Experience On Iberia Airline / Contact Details Of Iberia Airlines In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by Dreloaded(f): 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2008
Mahdi.L:

I thought this topic was about Iberia, yet i am seeing people posting about the price of their laptops
we that carry around $3000 laptops what are we to do??

You dont bloody check it in, that's what.
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by ogbotobo(m): 7:04pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ Johnny Bumpy
treated like dogs 
? Probably as a result of your aggressive barking,
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by Bossman(m): 7:52pm On Apr 15, 2008
Wow! It seems like they have really gone down the drain. As I posted above, it was okay when I flew them almost 3 years ago. However, out of the 30 or so reviews I read here, only 1 positive review. I only read the first 4 pages

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-7871.html

Their current (regular) price for Chicago - Lagos is cheaper than the other airlines, but not by a whole lot. So, why such bad service?
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by romeo(m): 10:43am On Apr 16, 2008
Iberia is shit!!! I used Iberia from Lagos to Madrid last nite, the aircraft is bullshit.
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by Dreloaded(f): 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2008
did you lose luggage?
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by presido1: 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2008
@Nwando
I had a serious verbal altercation with a check out girl for Air france and while in Paris,an air france employee challenged my husband to a fist fight.
The people are uncultured.
Nwando all of a sudden they become uncultured. If they had arrested you and ban you from flying airfrance as in the case of the dude with BA many of us would have blamed you as you blamed the BA guy. You see when it concerns us they become guilty but when it concerns another person that person become guilty.

@ Poster
Take any direct flight from lagos to london,Turkish Air or Emirate since you like stop over.
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by tipsy289(m): 8:48am On Apr 20, 2008
Havent taken it, i didnt know it was a bit popular in nigeria.
Seems to me it might be fine using it, 5hrs stop at Madrid(if to Chicago ok, to London(not cool)) if thats how u people say it
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by mowetej: 12:45pm On May 01, 2008
THE EXPERIENCE WAS WHAT YOU WILL CALL SEMI-ENJOYABLE ONE. BUT THE HEAT . THE HOSTESSES WERE FRIENDLY. But I Didnt Enjoy The Movie.
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by hclacid(m): 6:47am On May 05, 2008
i went to spain with iberia in 2005,it wasn't a bad flight'nd nothing got missing inspite of the small size of the plane(like a school bus) cheesy
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by beefy23(m): 6:43pm On Sep 12, 2008
@
GUNNER
I flew with Iberia to Nigeria - March 2008 (mun-mad-los)
The plane used from munich to madrid was ok and the flight was comfortable , arrived on time too
No meal was served instead u had to buy food and drinks because its a short haul flight (2hours)
The layover time is a bit too long in my own opinion - 5 hours
The plane used for the madrid to lagos stretch isnt meant for such long trips, no inflight entertainment and the leg space is nothing to write home about, infact most of the men complained because the seats were too cramped
I had heard prior to this time about Iberia luggage handling horror stories but i got all my baggage safely and intact on both legs of my journey
As someone mentioned earlier the price is quite affordable and cheap
All in all i would rate them as a 3 star airline because there is definitely room for improvement!
========================================================================

I had more or less the same experience flying with the whole family (about 10 of us) in Aug 2007, if I'd known in advance that the service was going to be like that I would have opted for AirFrance or Emirates - the Naija leg of their journeys are better.

If you need to save money then it's ok but if you want some level of comfort (in flight entertainment, refreshments that you don't have to pay for etc) you're better off with another airline

Just my 0.02c (or kobo, pence, halalals etc dep on your currency preference)
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by drekid(m): 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2008
how many hours is LOS-BARCELONA
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by beefy23(m): 11:10pm On Oct 22, 2008
it's approx five and a half hours - a bit too long not to have any form of in-flight entertainment
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by Hussain555(m): 12:14pm On Jan 30, 2010
Pls can u do me a favour by reading n replying my post at the travel section bout studying in germany n
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by adamhumza(m): 4:17pm On Mar 16, 2010
Thanks you all for this post. Overall this is very informative post for us. What ever you say about Iberia Airline, it is one of the liked airline by Nigerian people. for flights to Lagos majority of the passenger book tickets to Lagos with Iberia.
Re: Flying With Iberia Airline by worldtraveller: 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2013
Never fly Iberia, it is a dreadful experience from Lagos to Madrid. They use a shabby, dirty aircraft with no inflight entertainment, the plane is small - 3 a side. The route seems to be used by a lot of market traders. The flight is rowdy with the market traders taking over the flight the entire time. There is nothing to keep young children entertained for the 5 and a half hour flight. You are met by the police at the foot of the plane in Madrid and they do a head count before you board the plane in Lagos. Not sure if people have been sneaking on to the plane from Lagos in the past but it seems so.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xenophobia: See What This Kenyan Living In RSA Has To Say / Irukera Seeks Probe Into Foreign Airlines ‘Predatory Pricing’ Against Air Peace / Four Crushed To Death In Lagos, Ogun Accidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.