Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Is Success Based On Holliness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Success Based On Holliness? (883 Views)

Christianity Is Not Fully Based On Bible Alone / Ashamed Of Your Traditional Name Based On Religious Beliefs / What Is Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Success Based On Holliness? by NotNairalandi(m): 11:46am On Apr 12, 2013
Pls house let's discuss this issue.somany people believe that their suffering is simply because of their unholliness and at the same time believe that somany people prospering those not mean they are holy,

Pls let's discuss
Re: Is Success Based On Holliness? by PastorOluT(m): 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
Nairalandi: Pls house let's discuss this issue.somany people believe that their suffering is simply because of their unholliness and at the same time believe that somany people prospering those not mean they are holy,

Pls let's discuss

Success is not based on holiness, we have proofs all around.
Would be back to give reasons.
Re: Is Success Based On Holliness? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2013
What do you mean by holiness?

Being celibate?
Re: Is Success Based On Holliness? by NotNairalandi(m): 1:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
musKeeto: What do you mean by holiness?

Being celibate?
what I mean by holliness is in the area of avoiding sin
Re: Is Success Based On Holliness? by Image123(m): 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
what is success?
Re: Is Success Based On Holliness? by Joagbaje(m): 11:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
Success is relative . There's a natural mans perspective . But true success is to be all that God ordained you to be. Fulfilling Gods destiny for your life.

2 Likes

Re: Is Success Based On Holliness? by PastorOluT(m): 12:35am On Apr 13, 2013
Taking it from where Joagbeje stoped, true success is relative, the natural man's view and the true success which is being all that God has called you to and fulfilling it. But i think what the op is actually talking about is financial success, and if holiness brings success?

Let me start by sharing a real life experience, there was this girl in my office when i was working that told me that she had known her father all her life and the man is very faithful in the church and as a person, but the man remains financially handicapped, she said she can not understand why? undecided We got into discussion, this are some of the things i shared with her.

The believe of every christian especially those that are religious and faithful is that once they are faithful then they should be rewarded with wealth or at least a better life financially.

The first thing you need to know is that your faithfulness is for your own good, when you are faithful you are also supposed to take some steps for things to work the way you want it, the bible says faith without work is death. Many people engage in needless fasting and prayers for financial breakthrough and other things they desire to have with nothing happening, if you fast and pray till you are blue in the face nothing will happen. There are financial keys in the kingdom which even if an unbeliever should imbibe would have financial freedom and God would bless them. The bible says the children of the world are wiser in their generation than the children of the light, the fact that we are Christians, holy and faithful should give us an advantage into tapping into the fullness of God, but we allow outsiders to enjoy the benefit that is our birthright. God had given us power to make wealth, this is in the bible if you have doubts, Genesis 8:18. The known financial key which has been working for all is giving, but also one should learn to sow in a fertile soil, many give and do see the fruit all because they sow on hard grounds, this might teaching for another time

The other thing is that if we want to be successful we are to develop our mind, it is so surprising that Christians do not develop their minds and spiritualize everything, even if we are spiritual beings, remember God created spirit soul and body for a reason. In a fact my life changed all round when i became a christian, spiritually, physically, morally, financially, academically, name it, it was a total change and surprisingly even to me. we have all it takes as Christians to make it in this world, the bible says He has given us all things that pertains to life and godliness, 2 Peter 1:3, God did not just give us all things that pertains to godliness, even all that which we need for life, but the way it is is that we have to tap into those things to get it for they are in the air and in seed form.

I normally tell people that when God rained manner for man was thousands of years ago, now there are bakeries and if you intend eating bread all you have to do is visit one. The bible says the kingdom of God suffers violence and the violent takes it by force, the god of this world and the system is against us christian so whatever it is we want we take it by force, and we will sure be successful at it because we have Heavens backing us.

If as a christian you are not getting what you want or seeing what you want to see in your life then get up and be up and doing, it is in that which you are doing that God will bless, someone once define insanity as doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result. We Christians have been doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result, it is high time we change if we want to see change.

God bless you, be rich and rapturable.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

3 Likes

Re: Is Success Based On Holliness? by ol2012: 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Taking it from where Joagbeje stoped, true success is relative, the natural man's view and the true success which is being all that God has called you to and fulfilling it. But i think what the op is actually talking about is financial success, and if holiness brings success?

Let me start by sharing a real life experience, there was this girl in my office when i was working that told me that she had known her father all her life and the man is very faithful in the church and as a person, but the man remains financially handicapped, she said she can not understand why? undecided We got into discussion, this are some of the things i shared with her.

The believe of every christian especially those that are religious and faithful is that once they are faithful then they should be rewarded with wealth or at least a better life financially.

The first thing you need to know is that your faithfulness is for your own good, when you are faithful you are also supposed to take some steps for things to work the way you want it, the bible says faith without work is death. Many people engage in needless fasting and prayers for financial breakthrough and other things they desire to have with nothing happening, if you fast and pray till you are blue in the face nothing will happen. There are financial keys in the kingdom which even if an unbeliever should imbibe would have financial freedom and God would bless them. The bible says the children of the world are wiser in their generation than the children of the light, the fact that we are Christians, holy and faithful should give us an advantage into tapping into the fullness of God, but we allow outsiders to enjoy the benefit that is our birthright. God had given us power to make wealth, this is in the bible if you have doubts, Genesis 8:18. The known financial key which has been working for all is giving, but also one should learn to sow in a fertile soil, many give and do see the fruit all because they sow on hard grounds, this might teaching for another time

The other thing is that if we want to be successful we are to develop our mind, it is so surprising that Christians do not develop their minds and spiritualize everything, even if we are spiritual beings, remember God created spirit soul and body for a reason. In a fact my life changed all round when i became a christian, spiritually, physically, morally, financially, academically, name it, it was a total change and surprisingly even to me. we have all it takes as Christians to make it in this world, the bible says He has given us all things that pertains to life and godliness, 2 Peter 1:3, God did not just give us all things that pertains to godliness, even all that which we need for life, but the way it is is that we have to tap into those things to get it for they are in the air and in seed form.

I normally tell people that when God rained manner for man was thousands of years ago, now there are bakeries and if you intend eating bread all you have to do is visit one. The bible says the kingdom of God suffers violence and the violent takes it by force, the god of this world and the system is against us christian so whatever it is we want we take it by force, and we will sure be successful at it because we have Heavens backing us.

If as a christian you are not getting what you want or seeing what you want to see in your life then get up and be up and doing, it is in that which you are doing that God will bless, someone once define insanity as doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result. We Christians have been doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result, it is high time we change if we want to see change.

God bless you, be rich and rapturable.

I can't agree less wit u sir. BTW ar u a Winner, ur post sounded much like one
Re: Is Success Based On Holliness? by PastorOluT(m): 5:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
ol2012: I can't agree less wit u sir. BTW ar u a Winner, ur post sounded much like one
Thanks
Are winners members the only Christians?shocked
Man you need to know God more yourself, the true life and light is born out of a personal relationship with Him.

1 Like

Re: Is Success Based On Holliness? by Image123(m): 12:33am On Apr 14, 2013
To add to the beauty that has already being stated, contrary to many's belief, holiness may actually make success harder for you. Whatever parameters, you may define success by, you are at WAR from the moment you become holy or choose to be holy. The devil is at WAR with holiness and anyone that wants/has it. Things are not exactly easy at war.
Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
The devil is the prince of the power of the air, and there are principalities and powers, spiritual wickedness in high places to overcome. Indeed,
Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
In this life, the christian(holy one) is a stranger. The holiness God gives you is your id card, as it were. Without holiness, NO MAN shall see God. Holiness is your id, your proof of citizenship. And like your id card doesn't guarantee you money, or a job, or admission, even so your holiness. You need to work, pray etc, even more to succeed. You don't need to be holy to succeed in what you do. Of course, when you introduce God, you need holiness. When you desire the extra, the above natural, then you need to show your id so they'll know who's talking/asking. But you can carry first in class without holiness, you can win at the olympics, become rich, etc without holiness. What you need is a combination of many things like diligence and hardwork.
Gala 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

So when we are talking about holiness, we are talking about priorities. It's not a panacea for all your problems and sorrows. Holiness is priority, it is first. Seek ye first His righteousness. Get an id card before registering for the course, exam, applying for the job etc. Holiness is your identification. When you show it to the devil, he will run. But if you refuse to show it, he'll pretend as if he does not know. he will lie, he may molest and oppress and detain and derail and discourage. But you show him your holiness id, and resist him. He is choiceless, they don't tell him what to do two times.
So, you can succeed(whatever you define success as), but you need many other factors like discipline, hardwork, deligence etc.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Makes A True Man Of God.? What Makes Tb Joshua , Adeboye, Oyedepo Etc / Logicboy Consoles A Saddened Christian Brother..... / Do Pastors Enjoy Sex!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.