Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom (21337 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook Account Hacked By An Unemployed Web Developer / Mark Zuckerberg To Visit Akwa Ibom Next Month / Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook Will End On January 15th, 2013! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by yawatide(f): 12:23am On Apr 13, 2013
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/zuckerberg-facebook-founder-to-visit-aibom/

Uyo – Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is to visit Akwa Ibom in next month, the Niger Delta Young Professionals, a non governmental group, has said.

Facebook is a social networking service launched in February, 2004, with over one billion active users.

The Chairman of the Niger Delta Young Professional, Mr Moses Siasia, made the announcement when he paid a courtesy visit on Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom on Friday.

Siasia said that Zuckerberg had been invited as one of the guest speakers during his groups youth economic summit, scheduled to hold in Uyo from May 28 to May 29.

The chairman said that young professionals from the Niger Delta were coming together to promote entrepreneurship, looking at economic challenges in the area.

Siasia commended Akpabio for transforming the state through infrastructure such as good roads, healthcare and education.

Responding, Akpabio told the group to put in their best in their chosen professions, adding that success could only come with hard work.

The governor pledged his support towards the hosting of the summit, commending the youths for not engaging in militancy. (NAN)
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 4:18am On Apr 13, 2013
Will he honour such an invitation? Seems governor Akpabio doesn't realise that Mark Zuckerberg is a very busy young man.

3 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Basic(m): 4:43am On Apr 13, 2013
I hope he comes. If he does, the monarchs WILL show how his ancestral roots can be traced to the area (or perhaps somewhere else in Nigeria).
I trust Nigerians monarchs. They know history too well.

16 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by moderatorr: 5:42am On Apr 13, 2013
lol
u send an invitation to someone then announce that he is coming, even before u get a reply. lol @ nigerians
com

18 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by GraphicsPlus(m): 5:50am On Apr 13, 2013
There is no big in pulling Mark Zukerberg to Nigeria. Moreover, the host may hav started planning this since past two years. I dont think it is this year that he sealed the arrangement for Mark's coming. Again, I know security will be very tight at the hotel where Mark will be lodged and the conference centre also.
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by moderatorr: 9:03am On Apr 13, 2013
GraphicsPlus: There is no big in pulling Mark Zukerberg to Nigeria. Moreover, the host may hav started planning this since past two years. I dont think it is this year that he sealed the arrangement for Mark's coming. Again, I know security will be very tight at the hotel where Mark will be lodged and the conference centre also.
mark doesnt attend non facebook events. its easier to bring gates and bird(man) than
a mac

7 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Slyr0x: 9:49am On Apr 13, 2013
Laughable. .

Fingers crossed
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:53am On Apr 13, 2013
moderatorr:
mark doesnt attend non facebook events. its easier to bring gates and bird(man) than
a mac

It's not true. Again, do you know the guy hosting the event? He may even be a pal of Zukerberg.
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Dermie: 10:03am On Apr 13, 2013
Noted...

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by CrazyMan(m): 10:30am On Apr 13, 2013
moderatorr: lol
u send an invitation to someone then announce that he is coming, even before u get a reply. lol @ nigerians com
What annoys me is the amount of money they're going to spend in bringing him down to Nigeria (that is if at all he decides to come).

When are we going to learn to promote our own, and stop wasting millions on this foreigners who don't give a damn about us?

Why not invite Seun to the event, he's the nigerian version of mark zukerberg...I'm sure that the Niger delta young professionals would be motivated when they see their fellow Nigerian telling them the sectets of success. undecided

54 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 13, 2013
GraphicsPlus: There is no big in pulling Mark Zukerberg to Nigeria. Moreover, the host may hav started planning this since past two years. I dont think it is this year that he sealed the arrangement for Mark's coming. Again, I know security will be very tight at the hotel where Mark will be lodged and the conference centre also.
The host doesn't need to plan for 2 years to bring in Mark, many highers and flyers have visited Nigeria in the past, even previous ex American president on short notice, they all have a price when they agree to appear in public, all you need is to meet up with it, they ain't superhuman

2 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2013
CrazyMan:
What annoys me is the amount of money they're going to spend in bringing him down to Nigeria (that is if at all he decides to come).

When are we going to learn to promote our own, and stop wasting millions on this foreigners who don't give a damn about us?

Why not invite Seun to the event, he's the nigerian version of mark zukerberg...I'm sure that the Niger delta young professionals would be motivated when they see their fellow Nigerian telling them the sectets of success. undecided
Are you not aware that Seun is an introvert, he's media shy...
If Seun agrees to deliver lectures in youth and entrepreneur events, he ll impact a lot on this generation, but Seun have decided to keep his ideas to himself, abi wetin you feel?

12 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by CrazyMan(m): 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ogbeche77: Are you not aware that Seun is an introvert, he's media shy...
If Seun agrees to deliver lectures in youth and entrepreneur events, he ll impact a lot on this generation, but Seun have decided to keep his ideas to himself, abi wetin you feel?
I agree with you...but to be honest, I don't know what's going on in his mind...truth is he would eventually have to face the public one way or the other...he can't avoid it. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by GraceBestowed(f): 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
I hope he honours the invitation, for obvious reasons! On the other hand, if he does show, five words; the thirst will be real!
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by fr3do(m): 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
Okay*stroking chin*
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by timpaker(m): 12:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
CrazyMan:
I agree with you...but to be honest, I don't know what's going on in his mind...truth is he would eventually have to face the public one way or the other...he can't avoid it. undecided

undecided embarassed
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by strangest(m): 12:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
Another Tinubu invitation scam... Welcome Zukerberg to your motherlan
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by TBD(m): 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
Be aware of the kidnappers[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by ichommy(m): 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kabo shey dada lo de?
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Xzhibit: 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
author=Brand_new]Will he honour such an invitation? Seems governor
Akpabio doesn't realise that Mark Zuckerberg is a very busy young
man.
hw buzy is he.:|
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by adoniza(m): 1:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
Whatching from angle 90*
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
Mark is no where better or greater than Seun except for the fact that he's far richer than him. Nairaland is Seun's Idea and personal thinking unlike Mark that stole friends idea. We need people of our own to motivate us and not the white that have no odd against them over there. We need someone that will explain to us how impossibilities can be made possible in this hell country of IMPOSSIBILITIES angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by sniperliz(f): 1:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]hope it aint a prank?
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by DSB(m): 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2013
is he related to Samson Siasia?
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by DSB(m): 1:06pm On Apr 13, 2013
i hope he aint paying thro his nose. Make he no allow Mark pull a Kim K on him o. If na padi padi, ehn he fit come or else...na waste of resources. Mark is a boring speaker
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Engineer1985(m): 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
Our govt shud stop wasting money on things that are nt beneficial to d country
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Symphony007: 1:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
I don't think he'll come, that guy is really simple and dislike interjecting himself in issues. During the 2011 presidential campaign when jonathan was doing a facebook hangout with youths, he was invited but he did'nt come and rather, sent a representative.

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
*yawns*
Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Morgan1092(m): 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
CrazyMan:

Who is Seun?

4 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Morgan1092: Who is Seun?

3 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Morgan1092: Who is Seun?
the owner of the site u are currently typing poo on

13 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder To Visit Akwa-Ibom by OX59(m): 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
.........nigerians and their puerile comparisons:folks are talking about a global ICON coming to "ginger" wananbe entrepreneurs,some are here yaking about a local dude that even three quarters of his own countrymen have not heard his name nor his product:MUST EVEERYTHING BE ABOUT SENTIMENTS?#dials number to book his seat inorder to meet his MODEL MZ#

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Log Into Someones Facebook Account Without Knowing The Password / 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner / Google's Most Searched Words In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.