Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Need A Publisher - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Need A Publisher (1498 Views)

Do You Have A Book And Need A Publisher? / In Need Of A Publisher.... / Are You A Publisher Interested In Buying My Manuscript? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Publisher by PrettySpicey(f): 7:04am On Apr 13, 2013
Hello NLers,

I have just completed my first romance novel. Now the big question is - HOW DO I PUBLISH IT? WHAT PUBLISHING FIRM DO I USE?

I am not very conversant with what obtains in this area, I don't know which Publishing companies accepts romance novels or even how to go about it.

I need help. I need your advice and contributions.
I do hope you'll be kind enough to assist.

Thank you.
Re: Need A Publisher by nenergy(m): 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
I just finished my manuscript too and i'm self publishing. Its should be printed next month,its ISBN that's holding me.

Publishing a book in Nigeria is serious business,so you need to ask yourself some questions.
1. Do you have a ready market?
2. How do you intend to sell/distribute your book?
3. Do you have the enough money to see this through?

For romance books,i suggest you try print-on-demand (POD),where copies of the book are printed based on buyers demand. It frustrating to printing 1,000 and store them in your room with one one to buy. Search for and contact magic wand publishing or Tobit. Good success!

1 Like

Re: Need A Publisher by PrettySpicey(f): 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
nenergy: I just finished my manuscript too and i'm self publishing. Its should be printed next month,its ISBN that's holding me.

Publishing a book in Nigeria is serious business,so you need to ask yourself some questions.
1. Do you have a ready market?
2. How do you intend to sell/distribute your book?
3. Do you have the enough money to see this through?

For romance books,i suggest you try print-on-demand (POD),where copies of the book are printed based on buyers demand. It frustrating to printing 1,000 and store them in your room with one one to buy. Search for and contact magic wand publishing or Tobit. Good success!

Thanks a million nenergy, truly appreciate your advice.
But am kind of looking to publish thru traditional publishers not self-publish, can't really afford it and not sure how to go about.
But will look up Tobit and Magic wand as you suggested.
Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Need A Publisher by nenergy(m): 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
Cool! Tobit and Magic wand are on Nairaland. Search and get their contacts.
Re: Need A Publisher by ayo84(m): 5:48am On Apr 30, 2013
Distribute & Sell your digital books/music/audio via over 70 mobile networks in over 30 Countries Worldwide for FREE. Signup on an online marketplace that allows writers to upload and publish their ebooks for sale in over 30 countries worldwide via sms billing.Selling your ebooks/music on muyora allows people who don't have access to credit cards and paypal to buy your digital content online.
70% of Internet USERs do not have a CREDIT /DEBiT CARD or paypal account, but they all have Mobile phones and all they have to do is send an sms.

For Example if you are selling a digital copy of your book in Germany, all buyers have to do is send an sms with their mobile phones, and are charged on their mobile phones.
https://music.muyora.com/index.php/downloads/download_file/9jawear/4984

If you are in Germany
Just text : FOR2 MYR 4984 to 89000
Supported Networks: T-Mobile,E-Plus,Vodafone,02,Debitel,MobilCom,Talkline
(Please leave a space between FOR2,MYR and 4984 and send it to 89000)
Each SMS Costs 1.99 Euro

Selling your digital books on muyora gives you a much higher conversion rate with SMS payment than with payment by credit card.
To signup, visit : signup.muyora.com

1 Share

Re: Need A Publisher by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
Why not make it into a movie script aπϑ get it over with...the reading culture is really dying off in ds present generation....i used to write alot too,but with the decreased rate in reading these days...i tink making movie script's better aπϑ you get ur msgs across to both literate aπϑ illiterates...js a tot....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need A Publisher by secretcerish: 11:07am On Dec 06, 2013
we have few functional traditional publishers in Nigeria, i have also been serrching for publishers for some weeks now. google can be a friend, get publishers submission guidelines and send out ur work following their instruction then wait for any feedback. if your book is really gud, chances are that it will eventually be accepted by one. i sent to kachifo, bookcraft and some other publishers and am waiting for their stipulated 8weeks to get a reply. you should do the same too. i also have it at the back of my mind that if i dont get any offer from them i will self publish next year. i already got one rejection letter from one foreign publishing company so also plan for dissapointment...goodluck!
Re: Need A Publisher by PrettySpicey(f): 9:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
secretcerish: we have few functional traditional publishers in Nigeria, i have also been serrching for publishers for some weeks now. google can be a friend, get publishers submission guidelines and send out ur work following their instruction then wait for any feedback. if your book is really gud, chances are that it will eventually be accepted by one. i sent to kachifo, bookcraft and some other publishers and am waiting for their stipulated 8weeks to get a reply. you should do the same too. i also have it at the back of my mind that if i dont get any offer from them i will self publish next year. i already got one rejection letter from one foreign publishing company so also plan for dissapointment...goodluck!

thanks, Secretcerish.
Actually wrote another book following the ankarapress specifications. Still waiting to hear from them. Will probably try kachifo. Tanx again.
Re: Need A Publisher by secretcerish: 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
I GOT two rejections and then an offer from one to publish my novel, hope you have gotten your reply too?
Re: Need A Publisher by asalimpo(m): 10:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
Do you send them your manuscripts? How dyu gaurd against copyright issues?
I've got a collection of poems too and short stories . How wud these fare in d mrket?
Re: Need A Publisher by PrettySpicey(f): 2:10am On Sep 21, 2014
asalimpo: Do you send them your manuscripts? How dyu gaurd against copyright issues?
I've got a collection of poems too and short stories . How wud these fare in d mrket?

Frankly, I never heard from any of them and now I'm going for self-publishing.

Don't know much about poems though.
Re: Need A Publisher by tfcinvests: 10:24am On Apr 16, 2016
Has your novel been published?

Things are easier now...at the push of a button u can get contacts have your novel reviewed and get a publishing house easily
Re: Need A Publisher by Harmonypublish: 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
We can be of help. Start here http://harmonypublishing.com.ng/get-published/

We published Naijasinglegirl

(1) (Reply)

Academic Writing / Erotic Romance Novel, Unhinged By His White Heat, For Free Download / Read Interesting African Stories Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.