Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,153 members, 7,780,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:46 AM

End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN (10224 Views)

End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture (part 1) / End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of False Prophets / End-time Bible Teaching: 50 SIGNS Of RAPTURE/ END-TIME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by flourishG(m): 1:02am On Jun 27, 2013
Shdemidemi, you are a one man soldier of Christ.keep it up.these people don't know nothing about the gospel preached in da new covenant or testament,they all mix everything without knowing what is what.keep teaching them n those who will not b proud will go n learn da truth.you are really doing a good job here.I will soon join you fully.

2 Likes

Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by Nobody: 5:15am On Jun 27, 2013
flourishG: Shdemidemi, you are a one man soldier of Christ.keep it up.these people don't know nothing about the gospel preached in da new covenant or testament,they all mix everything without knowing what is what.keep teaching them n those who will not b proud will go n learn da truth.you are really doing a good job here.I will soon join you fully.
lol @ one man soldier of Christ.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 6:06am On Jun 27, 2013
0 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but NOW commandeth ALL MEN every where to REPENT:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

33 So Paul departed from among them.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by shdemidemi(m): 9:20am On Jun 27, 2013
annyplenty: 0 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but NOW commandeth ALL MEN every where to REPENT:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

33 So Paul departed from among them.

Yes, Paul said that in the book of Acts. The same Paul that initially got converted and went straight to the temple to preach the same thing the other apostles were teaching, which was CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD. Did the gospel change from that, of course it did. The gospel Paul preached became a gospel that brings the Jews and the gentiles under one umbrella of Christ without circumcision, tradition, rituals and all other Jewish order.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2013
46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

JEWS AND GENTILES, REPENT IN CHRIST JESUS

NIGERIA, AFRICA AND THE WORLD, REPENT IN CHRIST.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by JesusisLord85: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
annyplenty: 46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

JEWS AND GENTILES, REPENT IN CHRIST JESUS

NIGERIA, AFRICA AND THE WORLD, REPENT IN CHRIST.

Don't mind him. The message did not change, the people being addressed expanded. The idea of the Jews being under one law and gentiles being under another, all while being grafted into the same olive tree, or being the same bride of Christ, is absurdity of the highest order. According to this guy, you only repent once, when you are saved, then you are free to indulge in all sorts of debauchery. False teachers, gotta love em.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by shdemidemi(m): 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
Peter and Paul came to an agreement in Galatians 2:7-9 when they shook hands. The agreement was: Paul and Barnabas would continue on with their ministry to the Gentiles with the Gospel of Grace. Which is believing in your heart for salvation that Jesus died for your sins, was buried, and rose again! Plus NOTHING!

Whereas Peter and the Eleven would continue their ministry to the nation of Israel with the Gospel of the Kingdom—which was faith in believing Jesus was the Messiah, the Son of God. Then they were commanded to repent and be baptized in water, as seen in Acts 2:38. We know that so many mix and match the two.

1 Like

Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by JesusisLord85: 10:09pm On Jul 01, 2013
shdemidemi: Peter and Paul came to an agreement in Galatians 2:7-9 when they shook hands. The agreement was: Paul and Barnabas would continue on with their ministry to the Gentiles with the Gospel of Grace. Which is believing in your heart for salvation that Jesus died for your sins, was buried, and rose again! Plus NOTHING!

Whereas Peter and the Eleven would continue their ministry to the nation of Israel with the Gospel of the Kingdom—which was faith in believing Jesus was the Messiah, the Son of God. Then they were commanded to repent and be baptized in water, as seen in Acts 2:38. We know that so many mix and match the two.

hahahahah. Funny I read this passage many times, and it never occurred to me that...no, let me paraphrase you...
Peter and Barnabas saw that Paul taught a different message to them. So they shook hands and said you go there and preach this, and we stay here and preach that.

The only important message in this passage is that Paul was sent to the Gentiles while Peter stayed and preached to the Jews. I like how you enter your own opinion next to the chapter reference, as if your opinion comes from the the bible. Just poor interpretation. Come, did you write the Message translation?
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by shdemidemi(m): 10:53pm On Jul 01, 2013
JesusisLord85:

hahahahah. Funny I read this passage many times, and it never occurred to me that...no, let me paraphrase you...
Peter and Barnabas saw that Paul taught a different message to them. So they shook hands and said you go there and preach this, and we stay here and preach that.

The only important message in this passage is that Paul was sent to the Gentiles while Peter stayed and preached to the Jews. I like how you enter your own opinion next to the chapter reference, as if your opinion comes from the the bible. Just poor interpretation. Come, did you write the Message translation?

You must be blind bro, go back and study it all over again. If you can't see what is really going on, you surely need prayers. At the Corinth church, they tried to insinuate that he was coming out of nowhere, and why should they listen to someone who had never walked with Jesus as Peter, James, and John had. So as he defends his apostleship, he comes to verse 22 and says—speaking of the Twelve back there in Jerusalem.

II Corinthians 11:22

“Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.” Now, all three of those were things that the average Jew was proud of. They were proud of the fact that they were sons of Abraham. They were proud of the fact that they were Israelites indeed and of the Hebrew nation. Now verse 23:

II Corinthians 11:23a

“Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more;…”

Underline that word more. He says earlier that he’s not one wit behind them. Here he says he’s even more the minister of Christ. And, of course, he was. He had these revelations of this Gospel of Grace that they knew nothing of.

1 Like

Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 11:34am On Aug 17, 2013
Isaiah 1 : 18

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

God is a reasoning God. He would not want you to be damned. He has provided a way of escape for you in Jesus Christ. Would you reason with Him today and seek forgiveness of your sins. Remove all those mountains in your heart and be humble. Surely, He will heal you of your sins.

Jesus is coming. turn away from sins. prepare in holiness and righteousness, that you may be found worthy to escape all that is coming upon the earth and to be able to stand before the Son of Man.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by JesusisLord85: 11:48am On Aug 17, 2013
annyplenty: Isaiah 1 : 18

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

God is a reasoning God. He would not want you to be damned. He has provided a way of escape for you in Jesus Christ. Would you reason with Him today and seek forgiveness of your sins. Remove all those mountains in your heart and be humble. Surely, He will heal you of your sins.

Jesus is coming. turn away from sins. prepare in holiness and righteousness, that you may be found worthy to escape all that is coming upon the earth and to be able to stand before the Son of Man.

for the benefit of readers, please can you tell us, as scripture defines it, what sin is, so that they may escape judgment
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
JesusisLord85:

for the benefit of readers, please can you tell us, as scripture defines it, what sin is, so that they may escape judgment

The Opening Post defines SIN.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by JesusisLord85: 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2013
annyplenty:

The Opening Post defines SIN.

Nice post. Not that I agree with all that you say (especially the rapture talk).

From your post, I can only assume that, like myself, you believe that God''s definition of sin and righteousness in the old testament, remains true today.

So let me ask you, do you honour the sabbath (Friday evening to Saturday evening) and keep it holy? And do you "touch not the unclean thing", i.e. do you adhere to the dietary law in Torah?
Because we know consuming such things is an abomination.."they shall be an abomination".

Just wondering.

Shalom
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by JesusisLord85: 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

Dear sister, Christ himself was under the law of Moses when he was alive. His earthly ministry was to Israel and not you and I.

Matthew 10:5
Amplified Bible (AMP)
5 Jesus sent out these twelve, charging them, Go nowhere among the Gentiles and do not go into any town of the Samaritans;

Christ came primarily for Israel, they had to reject Christ as their king for you and I (gentile) to come into the fold.

Firstly, stop quoting amplified, it is the devils bible.

Secondly, the bolded is incorrect.

Thirdly, I am not a gentile, though you may be.

The covenant given on Sinai did not nullify the Abrahamic covenant. Abraham received the promise (and you are his seed, if you believe in Christ) BEFORE he became circumcised. Notice, he then became circumcised as a sign of the covenant. Anyway, it is via this covenant that you 'gentiles' have entered the fold. Does this mean you obey different laws and ordinances? Of course not. When it comes to issue of salvation, there is neither Jew, nor greek...

I am in the process of explaining circumcision, and will post more later today. Please see circumcision thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/1397669/circumcision-explained
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Nice post. Not that I agree with all that you say (especially the rapture talk).

Shalom

Please, what is it you dont agree with about the rapture. May be, I need to study and correct myself. thank you.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by JesusisLord85: 6:04pm On Aug 17, 2013
annyplenty:

Please, what is it you dont agree with about the rapture. May be, I need to study and correct myself. thank you.

I love your teaching on holiness. May God bless you.

Regarding the rapture, I do not believe that this event will take place before the great tribulation. The saints will endure this period.

I wrote a post on this in a another thread. This is not an issue of salvation for those who remain upright. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1371041/christians-around-during-great-tribulation/1

Shalom
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 8:01am On Aug 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I love your teaching on holiness. May God bless you.

Regarding the rapture, I do not believe that this event will take place before the great tribulation. The saints will endure this period.

I wrote a post on this in a another thread. This is not an issue of salvation for those who remain upright. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1371041/christians-around-during-great-tribulation/1

Shalom

Amen. May God bless you too.

I have never said that rapture would take place before the great tribulation. When it comes to the time of rapture relative to the great tribulation, there are 3 major schools of thought among Christians. they are listed below. Before, I mention them, let me also state that the 2 words TRIBULATION and GREAT TRIBULATIONS are used interwovenly by some christians for the purpose of preaching. For the purpose of classification below, when I say tribulation, I mean the great tribulation.

1. PRE-TRIBULATION : This school of thought believes that the rapture would have happened before the last 7 years great tribulation during which the antichrist would rule. They believe that the church will not witness the great tribulation. they believe the 7 year great tribulation will commence immediately after rapture.

2. PRE-WRATH: This school of thought believes that the church would witness part of the great tribulation but would be raptured at the beginning of it before God pours out His fierce wrath and anger

3. MID-TRIBULATION: This school of thought believes that the church would be raptured in the middle of the great tribulation, about three and a half year into the 7 year great tribulation.

But for me I take my stand with the second classification, PRE-WRATH.

1 Like

Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by JesusisLord85: 11:52am On Aug 18, 2013
annyplenty:

Amen. May God bless you too.

I have never said that rapture would take place before the great tribulation. When it comes to the time of rapture relative to the great tribulation, there are 3 major schools of thought among Christians. they are listed below. Before, I mention them, let me also state that the 2 words TRIBULATION and GREAT TRIBULATIONS are used interwovenly by some christians for the purpose of preaching. For the purpose of classification below, when I say tribulation, I mean the great tribulation.

1. PRE-TRIBULATION : This school of thought believes that the rapture would have happened before the last 7 years great tribulation during which the antichrist would rule. They believe that the church will not witness the great tribulation. they believe the 7 year great tribulation will commence immediately after rapture.

2. PRE-WRATH: This school of thought believes that the church would witness part of the great tribulation but would be raptured at the beginning of it before God pours out His fierce wrath and anger

3. MID-TRIBULATION: This school of thought believes that the church would be raptured in the middle of the great tribulation, about three and a half year into the 7 year great tribulation.

But for me I take my stand with the second classification, PRE-WRATH.

Ah, then my sincere apologies. Keep up the good work, I was definitely blessed by it. smiley
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 6:57am On Nov 08, 2013
Let all men wash in the blood of Jesus Christ. Grace period will soon close. No one can claim ignorance.

Repent and turn away from Sins.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by shdemidemi(m): 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
^^^^Meaning?
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by tpia5: 7:59am On Nov 10, 2013
Hmm, well true there is little or no awareness of sin among christians these days.

May God have mercy on us.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by tpia5: 8:02am On Nov 10, 2013
JesusisLord85:

According to this guy, you only repent once, when you are saved, then you are free to indulge in all sorts of debauchery.

Anyone doing this, isnt supposed to still be claiming they are christian.

Whatever happened to shame and fear of God these days?

Did globalization and pursuit of money /whatever erase all that?
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by tpia5: 8:06am On Nov 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

My answer is actually YES.
Romans 10:9

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Shall we continue in sin and expect grace to abound though?
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by shdemidemi(m): 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
tpia@:

Shall we continue in sin and expect grace to abound though?

Same question the apostle was asked, isn't it? Please read the apostle's response on how he answered the question regarding 'sin' and 'Sin'.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by tpia5: 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
Enlighten me.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by shdemidemi(m): 11:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
Paul was actually speaking over the heads of his audience in chapter 4 and 5 of the book of Romans. Paul was speaking about a sin nature (the root of sin) that we inherited through Adam and not the every day sin they thought he was speaking about.

In those chapters he explained to them how we have been transformed from darkness to light. It has nothing to do with our moral standings, we were born sinners irrespective of how good or bad we behave. We were all dead in Adam because Adam brought in a humanity of his own who inherited sin regardless of what they do.

In a similar way, Jesus became the last born of the dead, He became the second Adam. When we come into Christ we become different from the humanity raised through Adam. Christ raised another generation of people of His own.
Romans 5
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

When we come into Christ, the bible records that nothing can separate us from God. We were not made righteous by our works or our morals but through the righteousness of Christ.
Romans 9
16 So then [God’s gift] is not a question of human will and human effort, but of God’s mercy. [It depends not on one’s own willingness nor on his strenuous exertion as in running a race, but on God’s having mercy on him.]

1 Like

Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^Meaning?

What does it mean to live a holy life?

How can christians live a holy life?
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by shdemidemi(m): 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
annyplenty:

Living a holy life or being holy means coming to the realisation and acceptance of the gospel of Christ.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by DrummaBoy(m): 12:13am On Nov 12, 2013
annyplenty:

Holiness is step 2 in this gopel matter. Step 1 is grasping the truth of grace as demi is explining to U. When grace comes holiness is easy. I invite u to study a 5 seiries paper on christ gospel on my blog and i how u will compreehnd these truth better. Holiness is God's grace working through human effort unto all good works.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by shdemidemi(m): 5:59am On Nov 12, 2013
@drummaboy

I have just gone through your blog. It is extremely informative and an eye opener into deeper fellowship and a more in-depth knowledge of the mind of God.

I will definitely frequent the blog from this moment.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by DrummaBoy(m): 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
shdemidemi: @drummaboy

I have just gone through your blog. It is extremely informative and an eye opener into deeper fellowship and a more in-depth knowledge of the mind of God.

I will definitely frequent the blog from this moment.

Thank you Demi. It is much appreciated. I put up a new paper on "Heaven". I trust you will find time to read it.
Re: End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN by annyplenty(m): 7:43am On Nov 13, 2013
shdemidemi:

Living a holy life or being holy means coming to the realisation and acceptance of the gospel of Christ.

I didnt say being holy. I said living a holy life.

So again, what does living a holy life mean?

Should Christian live a holy life? If yes, HOW?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) / Don't Name Your Kids Shadrach, Meshach And Abednego / Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.