Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Is MBA Really Better Than M.sc? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is MBA Really Better Than M.sc? (3660 Views)

9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities / If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us / Are Polytechnic Graduates Really Better Than Their University Counterpart's ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is MBA Really Better Than M.sc? by 2rutalk1: 5:45pm On Apr 13, 2013
Many people place much premium on MBA (Master of Business Administration) over M.Sc (Master of Science).

Before I enrolled for M.Sc last year in UNILAG, some of my friends advised me to go for MBA so as to have better opportunities in the labour market. Perhaps, because of my passion for lecturing, I opted for M.Sc to enable me proceed thereafter to Ph.D. Surprisingly, 30% of my class mates already have their MBA results and some of them openly told me that if they knew what they know now, they wouldn't have gone for MBA programme. Yet, there is still much hype about MBA coupled with huge school fees paid by MBA students.

It is evident that MBA prepares Business Managers for higher productivity. But aside from that, its usefulness is quite limited. Obviously an MBA certificate holder cannot proceed to Ph.D level without M.Sc certificate.

What is your take on this please?
Re: Is MBA Really Better Than M.sc? by uboma(m): 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2013
Both programmes are unique in their own different ways. M.Sc prepares you to perform well in the academia while MBA is for managers in the corporate world. Infact MBA programme is even more expensive than MSc progs. It all depends on your choosen career that will determine whether to go for an MBA or MSc prog.

1 Like

Re: Is MBA Really Better Than M.sc? by Atolagbe1: 3:31am On Apr 14, 2013
Bro. In my own view Mba is very good likewise Msc too,but if given opportunity with this economy I support Mba.yeah!!
Re: Is MBA Really Better Than M.sc? by essentialone(m): 5:15pm On Aug 31, 2018
You forgot to mention the end product of both routes. MSc leads to PhD just as MBA leads to DBA.

At the end of the day, both are still referred to as Dr.

That is if you are only interested in the title Dr.

But if you want to lecture, go for PhD

1 Like

Re: Is MBA Really Better Than M.sc? by nereiskc(m): 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2018
Am happy coming across this topic because I crave for MBA cert to my name. Am a medical lab scientist and just concluded my Master of Public (MPH) course. But want pursue a career in MBA, kindly recommend schools that I can secure admission ; bearing in my science background.
Other good career advice or suggestion will b appreciated.
Re: Is MBA Really Better Than M.sc? by essentialone(m): 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2018
nereiskc:
Am happy coming across this topic because I crave for MBA cert to my name. Am a medical lab scientist and just concluded my Master of Public (MPH) course. But want pursue a career in MBA, kindly recommend schools that I can secure admission ; bearing in my science background.
Other good career advice or suggestion will b appreciated.

You are welcome.
Re: Is MBA Really Better Than M.sc? by VOJA(m): 3:00am On Sep 04, 2018
Interesting. . . .
Re: Is MBA Really Better Than M.sc? by stevejames1: 5:40am On Dec 29, 2023
In today's academic landscape, choosing between an MBA and M.Sc. is subjective. However, ensuring the authenticity of your work is universally crucial. Embracing the digital era, an online plagiarism checker becomes indispensable. Whether pursuing an MBA or M.Sc., these tools empower students to uphold academic integrity, offering a safeguard against unintentional plagiarism. Assignment Desk's online plagiarism checker emerges as a reliable ally, facilitating a seamless balance between academic pursuits and ethical writing practices. Embrace the technology to enhance the credibility of your work, regardless of the educational path you choose.

(1) (Reply)

ICAN Study Center At Alimosho, Egbeda / Can A Graduate Do NYSC Twice? / Help Me Answer This NPOWER Past Question.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.