Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (346835 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by vivalavida(m): 11:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
To all akwaibomites, when your governor builds a ten lane expressway with a high speed trainrail-line running over it,i will come back and comment
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ikweremilitant: 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
[quote author=Rossikk]

[/quote abeg help me show my state gov amechi rotimugu wetin him felow gov dey do.if na to fight gej hm go sabi but to wok na issue, abi e be lyk say dat name : rotimi wey hm dey ansa dey deceve am
]
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Thanks for letting me know there is nothing more in akwa to show and you've ran out of petrol.

This tells me how your Lagos OGA AT THE TOP has impoverished your sorry backside. You cant afford the flight ticket grin grin Sorry

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
tawa89: did Fashola build an airport? What about a power station? I personally know 5 Akwa Ibomites that receive bursary from their State government every year. How many has Fashola given your younger brother? How many roads are tolled in Lagos? Its there any road been tolled in Akwa ibom? Akwa Ibom has the best E-library in the country which was built by Akpabio . How many has Fashola built? Even with the highest IGR in the country i don't think Fashola has done anything exceptional in Lagos. He inherited the former capital of Nigeria. Akpabio inherited Akwa Ibom. Thats the difference.

Lagos state built the first and largest IPP in Nigeria when apabio so cut that noise about IPP.

Nearly every state in Nigeria give busary so nothing special about your akwa.

Questions.

All you you've posted are just a few roads. What about other infrastructures for day to day existence

Where are the water works? There are 15 in lagos.

Where are the schools?

Where are the hospitals and clinics?

Where are the parks and rec centers?

Where are the skill acquisition centers. There are 17 in lagos.

Where are the low cost housing. Fashola built many and there is one currently on the front page.

Where are the orphanages and homes for abused women.

Where are your state institutional infrastructures like the courts, agric institutes.

Show us your water jetties and terminals.

Show us anywhere in Nigeria with visionary projects like lagbus, brt, ten lane expressly with brt and metro rail access.

show us your cultural institutions like freedom square

Maybe I should stop here and allow you to catch up before continuing..

I'm waiting

Why do I feel sorry for you people sef?.

9 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ewet: 11:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
Its beautiful and i like the blebd of concrete and coal atr blending with the undulating lanscape.Gud one ibomites.Other cities shuld please lets see how thy look.Sincere9gerian,tomakint and all you GEJ goons please lets see hw your cities look.You shuld have seen my lasgidi earlier. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Symphony007: 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
[quote author=ikwere militant][/quote] what kind of brain do you have, fine road and colour fountain is washing your brain? How many states in this country has schools the kind of schools ameachi has built in every part of rivers state? Where fees,uniform,book,bag,sandals, and even lunch is free and parents who don't send their kids to school are persecuted. How many state has the standard of free healthcare centers that ameachi has built in every part of rivers state? Is it road? Have you seen stadium road?rumuola road? New airport road? Is ut RSSDA that is sending loads of rivers kids abroad to study and giving out micro finance loans? What has akpabio done? You see cinema, resturant and colour fountain and you go nuts!!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
mojounited: Ibom Airport New (International) Terminal and MRO facility - Under Construction

If the airport turns out anything like it looks in the render, it would be an outstanding place.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by antontech(m): 11:23pm On Apr 13, 2013
This yoruba people can be so jealous and stupiid,they cant even acknowledge good work without comparing what they hv achieved.

I served at akwa ibom and i can say the OP did not paste some tins,That your fashola and tinibu will be going to akwa ibom for treatment when they finish 2nd aniversary hospital at uyo.
They will even come to dat 30k capacity stadium for national sports festival.ABEG Yoruba people make una dey compliment good work.

Bad belle no good

10 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by theripper2: 11:24pm On Apr 13, 2013
Beautiful city, at least from the pictures I am seeing.

How did dis thread degenrate to the meaningless comparison sef?

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Symphony007: 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Lagos state built the first and largest IPP in Nigeria when apabio so cut that noise about IPP.

Questions.

All you you've posted are just a few roads. What about other infrastructures for day to day existence

Where are the schools?

Where are the low cost housing. Fashola built many and there is one currently on the front page.

Where are your state institutional infrastructures like the courts, agric institutes.

Show us anywhere in Nigeria with visionary projects like lagbus, brt, ten lane expressly with brt and metro rail access.

I'm waiting

rivers state will give you that and more!! Fashola's lap Dog!!

8 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 11:28pm On Apr 13, 2013
Symphony007: rivers state will give you that and more!! Fashola's lap Dog!!

Talk is cheap, put your money where your mouth is by showing me something or keep quiet.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Emphasis(m): 11:31pm On Apr 13, 2013
As a proud akwa ibomite, Uyo is beautiful, but saying that Uyo is finer than Lagos, Abuja or Kaduna is being blinded with sentiment.
May be your comparism should be between Fashola's government and that of Akpabio. Have never been to Lagos, I know much about Abuja, judging from a similar Thread about Lagos, I would say the Lagos I saw and the Abuja/Kaduna I know are some levels ahead of Uyo. Uyo is coming up anyway

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by antontech(m): 11:33pm On Apr 13, 2013
infact.make i sleep self
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
ROSSIKKE again!!!!! NICE TRY keep them coming....pls help me sleep...i need ideas on how to...i cant just stop thinking about PAMELLA
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 11:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

You missed the deceptive title. It says UYO city and not akwa ibom state and it was done for a reason meaning there is nothing behind uyo..

Only on NL..

Most of the pictures comes from Le meridian hotel and projects done by Attah and you want to tell me this is worth the 1.5 trillion naira he has collected . I Godswill like one day he will be exposed of all his fraud. Buying all the press and people.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Ochek: 11:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Ile:

Questions.

Where are the schools?

I'm waiting

Haters go always dey. SMH

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ewet: 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
djustice:

Your stupidity cannot but show itself, can it? I knew you would show your sh1t infested face here, and right on cue, here's your faeces ingesting stoofid azz. Can your jagabandit or his houseboy do better than this? YOU ARE ONE CELL SHORT OF A BRAIN, OBVIOUSLY.

TO BRING YOUR BAD BELLE INTO THIS THREAD SHOWS JUST HOW FAR GONE YOU ARE ON YOUR IGNOBLE JOURNEY TO ETERNAL DAMNATION! OLOSHIOUS FELLOW, OLORIBURUKU, AKOTILETA, OMO ABA FI SE NKAN OSU DANU. OMO ALE JATIJATI!!!
How much sense do you thnk you hav made with this post you deranged scum.Must you descend so low to showoff your lack of civility and total disrespect for decorum.You were just ranting like a rabied dog.You have only succeeded in displaying your stupidity you bloody waste of God's time.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by TheBookWorm: 11:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
It is really hard to compare Lagos with a population of over 7 million people with Uyo that only has a population of no more than 500,000 people. And I am not talking about the entire metropolitan area.

Can't we just celebrate the growth of both cities?

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by free13: 11:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
antontech: This yoruba people can be so jealous and stupiid,they cant even acknowledge good work without comparing what they hv achieved.

I served at akwa ibom and i can say the OP did not paste some tins,That your fashola and tinibu will be going to akwa ibom for treatment when they finish 2nd aniversary hospital at uyo.
They will even come to dat 30k capacity stadium for national sports festival.ABEG Yoruba people make una dey compliment good work.

Bad belle no good

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Emphasis(m): 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
EPOMA:

Most of the pictures comes from Le meridian hotel and projects done by Attah and you want to tell me this is worth the 1.5 trillion naira he has collected . I Godswill like one day he will be exposed of all his fraud. Buying all the press and people.

The thread is about UYO CITY, not about Former Governor's projects.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
Rossikk:

Where is the pedestrian crossing? , nice town and human beings are walking on the road. no sense

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Ochek: 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2013
TheBookWorm: It is really hard to compare Lagos with a population of over 7 million people with Uyo that only has a population of no more than 500,000 people. And I am not talking about the entire metropolitan area.

Can't we just celebrate the growth of both cities?

Better person, better talk. Appreciete the both cities!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by HezronLorraine(m): 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
When I started scrolling down,a song by taylor swift. Title "I knew you we're trouble(when u walked in",came to my head cause this thread eventually sparked tribal and dogmatic sentiments.the development in uyo city is welcoming and enviable.its stupid to ever compare what is obtainable in uyo to whwt has been attained in lagos,Lagos is history to Nigeria,even the name being portugese dates back to its vital importance in early trade invasion by the portuguese.Lagos has been favoured since Nigeria's birth.it has tasted development long b4 any other place in nigeria have a smell of it.trutfully,the donatus of akwa ibom developed his capital unlike lagos wher its commercial district-island is far more developed to it.if not for the beaureucratic and slowness in naija,a state like lagos should be competing with the likes of rio,joburg,dubai,etc cause its got the self made pride,over surplus energetic human resources,i$agine if its oil fields were already producing,enough capital for rapid growth.one state has set the pace and isn't resting,others are just starting,I'm sure in the nearest future the lands in lagos would be over utilised,no more waters to sandfill or reclaim from the ocean,the ever growing population would demand $ore space which would resettle people to other states.I know for sure that it would take a century b4 any state can hijack the status of lagos,not even fct,just like in us washingron is no competition to ney york being the commercial hub of us.other states with more resources can only follow suit cause even new york ain't resting.uneven development is cut across nigeria.the desert north should be like the megacities countries like china,isreal,india,arab world have done.our inland waterways are not functional which sucks.strategic locations still are of no utilization.ot beats a lot.abuja has less what lagos has and yet budgets 3 times the lagos amount.yet it still suffers sustainable developmen(.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by FXKing2012(m): 11:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by sambos994(m): 11:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
Why are people fighting, shouldn't they be celebrating the development of Lagos and Uyo?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by coretechng(m): 11:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
Simply splendid.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EPOMA(m): 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
Emphasis:

The thread is about UYO CITY, not about Former Governor's projects.

this is Godswill propaganda. I have taken note still
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Agukagu(m): 12:03am On Apr 14, 2013
Where are the praise singers of Roachas of Imo State. Have u seen the beauty of using professional Civil Engineering Companies for projects. Compare what u saw with the charade going on in Imo State in the name of projects. Yes u can say that the revenue base of Akwa Ibom State is far above that of Imo State but Rochas should allow professionals to plan and execute projects within the limit of the resources of the state.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BANGASOUP1: 12:04am On Apr 14, 2013
idee.esperanza:

No mind am...him be big mouth. He shd title the pics.
is this nigeria
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 12:04am On Apr 14, 2013
EPOMA:

Of course the its not only that, the topic itself is nothing but deception..

You are showing the same roads from different directions, a flyover bridge and a roundabout .

Where are the other basic needs for day today existence? where are all the other basic needs?

Is this all the people of akwa bought with the 3rd largest budget in Nigeria and apabios 6 years in office?

I hope this is not a joke. We are not even talking about the rest of the state....

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Sirmee(m): 12:11am On Apr 14, 2013
nice pictures and nice development. if I believe all d pictures, I no believe d stadium picture... wait it seems I saw somtin like Goodluck Jonathan flyover........ pure rawbish
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Emphasis(m): 12:17am On Apr 14, 2013
EPOMA:

this is Godswill propaganda. I have taken note still

You smell like an Anti-Akpabio, Keep your pull-down-syndrome. You kind can never see good in Him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.