Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands (5912 Views)

Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? / Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? / Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
Gabrielle Reece: Women Should Be "Submissive" With Their husbands

She's a modern woman, wife and mom, but Gabrielle Reece has a surprising take on the ideal relationship between a wife and her husband. Married for 17 years to surfing legend Laird Hamilton, the pro volleyball star and fitness expert, 43, advises women to be "submissive" with their men in her new book My Foot Is Too Big for the Glass Slipper.

"To truly be feminine means being soft, receptive, and -- look out, here it comes --submissive," writes the former model, who shares daughter Reece Viola, 9, and son Brody, 5, with Hamilton, 49.

Reece, who took off ten years from work to raise their kids, clarified that provocative argument speaking with Natalie Morales on TODAY Friday, April 12. "I think the idea of living with a partner is 'How can I make their life better?'" she reasoned. "So if I'm the woman and he's the man, then yes, that's the dynamic. I'm willing and I choose to serve my family and my husband because it creates a dynamic where he is then in fact acting more like a man and masculine and treating me the way I want to be treated."

But being "submissive" isn't a negative or antiquated thing, she argued. "I think because women have the ability to set the tone that the ultimate strength and showing real power, I believe, is creating that environment. I dont think it’s a sign of weakness. I think it’s a sign of strength."

After tying the knot with Hamilton in 1997, Reece and the iconic blond went through a rough patch -- filing for divorce four years after the wedding, but reconciling two years later.

"I feel like it's a blessing for us that we've gone through a bunch of different things in our relationship, which has allowed us to arrive here today," Hamilton said during a separate TODAY interview. "We’ve been brought here through what we've endured in our relationship and at the end that's only made us stronger

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/gabrielle-reece-women-submissive-husbands-180000586-us-weekly.html

2 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
Being submissive with your husband is a sign of strength.

cool
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by GraceBestowed(f): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
This woman, whoever she is, is on point! Being submissive does not mean being enslaved, unfortunately, many people look at it that way. A man is the head of the household, and should be treated as such, with respect! Submitting is being his helper, listening, and bringing out the best in him. My two cents worth!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 13, 2013
GraceBestowed: This woman, whoever she is, is on point! Being submissive does not mean being enslaved, unfortunately, many people look at it that way. A man is the head of the household, and should be treated as such, with respect! Submitting is being his helper, listening, and bringing out the best in him. My two cents worth!

May the Gods bless you and your future family

2 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by onila(f): 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
and he shldnt cheat on her as her reward for being submissive

3 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by kandiikane(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
GraceBestowed: This woman, whoever she is, is on point! Being submissive does not mean being enslaved, unfortunately, many people look at it that way. A man is the head of the household, and should be treated as such, with respect! Submitting is being his helper, listening, and bringing out the best in him. My two cents worth!
There is nothing wrong with submission, every country has a leader but when that leader decides to let that little power go over his head that's when you start seeing coups.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
onila: and he shldnt cheat on her as her reward for being submissive

That's not the topic.learn how to become submissive, the rest will come
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
By coups you mean, the wife becomes the head of the household?
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by pleep(m): 12:00am On Apr 14, 2013
onila: and he shldnt cheat on her as her reward for being submissive
Agreed.

But its my opinion that the ladies do 70% of the cheating so thats a two way street

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 14, 2013
70 % undecided now where did you get your stats from?
pleep: Agreed.

But its my opinion that the ladies do 70% of the cheating so thats a two way street

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by AlyricistLaura: 12:08am On Apr 14, 2013
Good Luck getting Most Black Women to be Submissive.

Nothing can "control" that woman other than anything short of Islamic Indoctrinated Core Principals.

And A Slap Across the Goddamn Face.

Unfortunately Fortunately, The Western World Outlaws and Handicaps such strict adherence
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 14, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
Good Luck getting Most Black Women to be Submissive.

Nothing can "control" that woman other than anything short of Islamic Indoctrinated Core Principals.

And A Slap Across the Goddamn Face.

Unfortunately Fortunately, The Western World Outlaws and Handicaps such strict adherence

Lmfao you are joking right? Not every black woman is hard and aggressive and domestic violence is not the answer sad
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by pleep(m): 12:12am On Apr 14, 2013
Miss_3v3: 70 % undecided now where did you get your stats from?
Its estimated that over 30 percent of children born are not the child of the man who thinks he is the father. In many countries the percentage is much higher

Reading that sent a chill down my spine... cry If i ever get married its gunna be on some strict islamic stuff
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by onila(f): 12:13am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: Agreed.

not African women

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 14, 2013
Miss_3v3:

Lmfao you are joking right? Not every black woman is hard and aggressive and domestic violence is not the answer sad
What's your take on the topic?
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by pleep(m): 12:14am On Apr 14, 2013
onila: not African women
The article said that 50% of children paternity tested in Nigeria came out negative. undecided

And the majority where first borns. Like i said i felt physically sick after reading that... i cant even imagine someone doing that to me.
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: Its estimated that over 30 percent of children born are not the child of the man who thinks he is the father. In many countries the percentage is much higher

Reading that sent a chill down my spine... cry If i ever get married its gunna be on some strict islamic stuff

Such things happen more in polygamy...Women fck gatemen, houseboys etc
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: The article said that 50% of children paternity tested in Nigeria came out negative. undecided

And the majority where first borns. Like i said i felt physically sick after reading that... i cant even imagine someone doing that to me.

Jeez
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by pleep(m): 12:16am On Apr 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

That happens more in polygamy...Women fck gatemen, houseboys etc
Not poligamy, but strict religion.

If i had to do polygamy sef, i would be fully able to satisfy them all.

.....One after the other if need be, African genes wink
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by onila(f): 12:17am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: The article said that 50% of children paternity tested in Nigeria came out negative. undecided

do you believe Nigerian statistics
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by AlyricistLaura: 12:17am On Apr 14, 2013
Miss_3v3:

I am Dead Serious.

The Uncontrolled Nature of Black Women in the Western World and Europe Are Solely because they deviated out of traditions and cultures of Male Dominated Societies. {with a Genetic Makeup that would take full advantage of that}

It's not a negative, just an obvious trait of notice.

There are videos everyday posted online of black women running a goddamn muck

Like that Lady who threw her baby down on the bus to fight some lady.

Uncontrolled Psychos.

I find it Absolutely Awesome
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by pleep(m): 12:18am On Apr 14, 2013
onila: do you believe Nigerian statistics
The WHO (world health organization) says that globally 1/3 children born are not the child of the father.

Now imagine how much worse the situation would be in Africa where people don't even know how to use condoms properly and contraception is almost unheard off?
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by onila(f): 12:19am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: Its estimated that over 30 percent of children born are not the child of the man who thinks he is the father. In many countries the percentage is much higher

why are you so strict on infidelity, virginity n morals and all that crap

are u sure u live in america

anyways as they say they might take him out of the bush but you dont take the bush african mentality away from him

2 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by pleep(m): 12:21am On Apr 14, 2013
If you don't want to believe those stats; DUREX a condom manufacture found Nigerian women to be the most unfaithfull in the world based on international serveys

So if i seem to have an underlying disdain for Nigerian women i hope yall can understand wink

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/nigerian-women-are-most-unfaithful-durex
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by pleep(m): 12:23am On Apr 14, 2013
onila:

why are you so strict on infidelity, virginity n morals and all that crap

are u sure u live in america

anyways as they say they might take him out of the bush but you dont take the bush african mentality away from him

Thats how i roll Onila.

If i'm going to partake is the dead institution of marriage im going to do it the right way, or not at all.
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: Not poligamy, but strict religion.

If i had to do polygamy sef, i would be fully able to satisfy them all.

.....One after the other if need be, African genes wink

Exactly.the point ..in polygamy, women pass a lot of bastards for the husband's children...

It depends of how many wifes you have over 4 not good.

IMO,
I'm still for polygamy tho it always brings bastards
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by onila(f): 12:26am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: The WHO (world health organization) says that globally 1/3 children born are not the child of the father.

Now imagine how much worse the situation would be in Africa where people don't even know how to use condoms properly and contraception is almost unheard off?

I get surprised when i read those stats

coming from africa

where women are meant to be pure, disciplined I dont really believe that stats. .maybe in south africa n all those ashawo countries

in Nigeria, if yr husband catches u cheating, yr gone
well in igboland

2 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by AlyricistLaura: 12:26am On Apr 14, 2013
When i Move to Senegal, You can Bet ya Bottom Dollar I am going to have my 4 Wives.....
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by pleep(m): 12:27am On Apr 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Exactly.the point ..in polygamy, women pass a lot of bastards for the husband's children...

It depends of how many wifes you have over 4 not good.

IMO,
I'm still for polygamy tho it always brings bastards
Yea the guys who have like 9 wives are stupid. That actually happened alot im my area... poligamy is like 2 generations away in my family.
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 14, 2013
pleep: If you don't want to believe those stats; DUREX a condom manufacture found Nigerian women to be the most unfaithfull in the world based on international serveys

So if i seem to have an underlying disdain for Nigerian women i hope yall can understand wink

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/nigerian-women-are-most-unfaithful-durex

Onila you hear? So much for your Naijan girls are classy and not horn.y rubbish/propaganda
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by onila(f): 12:28am On Apr 14, 2013
a
pleep:

Thats how i roll Onila.

If i'm going to partake is the dead institution of marriage im going to do it the right way, or not at all.

U sure do have a huge ego undecided

good=luck finding yr princess
Re: Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
What's your take on the topic?

I agree with the topic, there is nothing wrong with being submissive to your husband.

The man is the head of the house and that is how it should be. Woman should respect their husbands(and vice verse) as no man wants an argumentative woman. When i say submissive i do not mean being a dummy/slave because if you are unhappy with something or he has done something wrong you need to express it to your husband in a proper way.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Friends Busty Sister / Do I Look Like A Girl And An American? (pic) / I Am Devastated. My Kid Sis Who Went To Lagos To Work Has Given Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.