Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno (17074 Views)

2,000 Civilians Flee Borno To Niger Republic / Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
Failed Amnesty Deal: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno

Following the rejection of the federal government amnesty offer by the spiritual leader of the jama'atul ahlis sunnah lid' awati wal jihad (Boko Haram), Sheikh Abubakar Shekau, residents of Maiduguri, particularly Igbo and Yoruba communities are beginning to move out of the state for fear of attack.

Speaking with Daily Post in Maiduguri, Mr. Uche Abraham said he wondered why this problem has continued to linger when a matter of such demands urgent and wise approach to be resolved.

According to Uche "I think with the Boko Haram rejecting dialogue or amnesty, trouble looms. I know I am not fully prepared to leave Maiduguri, but I just have to leave because I smell more troubles coming."

He said he was not prepared to leave the state initially, owing to his belief that the crisis was coming to an end, but with the refusal of amnesty extended to the Boko Haram by the federal government, the state is still threatened, hence not safe for him.

" I love Borno but, I must leave now; I have seen many deaths. My people have been calling. Now, I have made a decision and I think it is the best for me at this time. Many of my people have left. Many are still living and more would leave in the next few weeks. It is sad, but there is no life, no happiness where there is no peace." he said.

Also Lateef Abdulafatai told Daily post that he would be leaving for Kwara with his family next week.

His words, " Everybody is afraid now with the news making the rounds that the Boko Haram have refused the amnesty offered them. We all know what is happening in Maiduguri, people are being killed everyday by the sect and the JTF. The only way out of this trauma, is when you are out of the state. "

http://m.naij.com/news/30934.html

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
If material like this can't urgently grace the front page,back page pls!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by tawa89(f): 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2013
I thought it was only igbos that live in Northern Nigeria?

11 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
tawa89: I thought it was only igbos that live in Northern Nigeria?
who tell you that one? Yorubas also live in the north but not as populated as igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Ngwakwe: 11:28pm On Apr 13, 2013
My Brother Uche Abraham, haven't I being begging you to come back home with those children since the day the NW & NE Governors declared those Northern States, Sharia compliant.

I am still praying that your life and those of our people be preserved as you people quickly pack those bags down to Lagos State, Abuja or preferably to anywhere in the former Eastern Nigeria.

Expecting to see you people alive as to celebrate a happy reunion.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Rooneyboy(m): 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
Silly bunch !

They suddenly find their thinking cap

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by hardniola(m): 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
it tym south find way to smoke or send more northeners home with

STRATEGY.

Aboki in akwa-ibo is very low other southern state to follow suit since d northern are using style to brake away or independed.((((()))))
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by 50calibre(m): 11:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
They finally come to the realisation that they are living with savage animals. I'd rather live in the jungle than live in the north with Hausas.

11 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Walexz02(m): 11:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
If I hear say.... Shebi they are proving strong head before. I wish them a safe journey if the boko boys will eventually allow them to leave peacefully.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Walexz02(m): 11:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
50calibre: They finally come to the realisation that they are living with savage animals. I'd rather live in the jungle than live in the north with Hausas.
save yourself the gabbage you are spewing bro, if not for the development of these boko boys, North is a nice abode.

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 14, 2013
50calibre: They finally come to the realisation that they are living with savage animals. I'd rather live in the jungle than live in the north with Hausas.
kai..guy north better pass o...but for the incessant terrorist bokoboko groups...going down to south you hear things like killing of twins, witchcraft, juju, kidnapping, hand-robbing, heart-robbing, destiny seizures and the likes.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Empex(m): 12:43am On Apr 14, 2013
Aggrippa: kai..guy north better pass o...but for the incessant terrorist bokoboko groups...going down to south you hear things like killing of twins, witchcraft, juju, kidnapping, hand-robbing, heart-robbing, destiny seizures and the likes.

What is "heart-robbing?"

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Empex(m): 12:51am On Apr 14, 2013
Please! Leave their North-East for them, since that is what they want. I hope they can build an economy from selling suya, sugar-cane, and bitter-kola, and also I wish them well with their small small shops and big bowls they use in begging.
P.S, do not leave the universities there though! Only 1% of their abokis can afford going to school, and only 1% of that 1% can make a convincing argument of having passed through school.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 14, 2013
Interesting...
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by joeyfire(m): 7:37am On Apr 14, 2013
Its inevitable. No matter how long you have stayed in a place u have to read the signs, cut your losses and run.

Yerima and his political sharia was the final nail in the coffin. Boko haram is just the final burial

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by MrUzo: 7:44am On Apr 14, 2013
What are people still waiting for in those states? Flee na?
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by iamswizz(m): 10:22am On Apr 14, 2013
chei..

If you stay, dem bomb you..

If you wan enter bus comot from their state.. Dem go still bomb you..

Make Mr. Fresh Air do something o
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by naijathings(m): 10:24am On Apr 14, 2013
very sad.. very sad.. we live in a country where many of the youth have not traveled to other parts of the country for fear of being attacked based on tribe and religion thereby blocking out the many opportunities thats waiting to be discovered and all the chances to be taken. religion and politics

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by ebamma(m): 10:25am On Apr 14, 2013
Mr.Uzo:
So what does the moderfuckers want??
who let this dog out?

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by alphaconde(m): 10:27am On Apr 14, 2013
First to comment after the 18th person
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Bernabeau: 10:28am On Apr 14, 2013
God help naija

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by herkeym001(m): 10:29am On Apr 14, 2013
This world don turn to something else. How on earth will you kill same creature like you. Na wa ooo. To hell with BOKO Group and the likes.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by herkeym001(m): 10:32am On Apr 14, 2013
[quote author=alpha conde]First to comment after the 18th person[/quote) I can't believe you're still like this.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by herkeym001(m): 10:34am On Apr 14, 2013
alpha conde: First to comment after the 18th person
so, you neva change since all this days.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Paulonminyi: 10:34am On Apr 14, 2013
Mr.Uzo:
What are people still waiting for in those states? Flee na?
islamic country
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by kingklaus(m): 10:36am On Apr 14, 2013
Run out nw u stil av cmplete component or w8 4 odas to tel ur story... But must we continue like thz
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by miccodb(m): 10:38am On Apr 14, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]my boko boys will soon have a state/country of theirs. Congrats guys!
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Tayo114: 10:39am On Apr 14, 2013
Unblivable, ibos will never leave Borno, no matter what happen,
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by AustineE1: 10:39am On Apr 14, 2013
....in the North-East,'religion indeed is the opium of the masses,an object of social(evil)mobilization,a hope for the hopeless(Almajiris)'!!!...karl Max smiling in his grave.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by AustineE1: 10:46am On Apr 14, 2013
Tayo114: Unblivable, ibos will never leave Borno, no matter what happen,
i also didnt know there are yorubas in Borno,as against their usual culture of always denying the obvious!..over to Yoruba press propagandist!
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by Lateef9961(m): 10:47am On Apr 14, 2013
And dat x y north east x d most unda develpd geo political zone in naija. Leave dos animal and cme bak home jor
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno by ninja4life(m): 10:47am On Apr 14, 2013
Religion and politics d greatest problem of mankind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido Advises Nigerians On What To Do On Election Day / Army Neutralizes Boko Haram Terrorists, 2 AK-47 Rifles, 2 Bicycles Recovered / Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Cast His Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.