Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) (68874 Views)

Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government / 'Ocean Dome' Indoor Beach In Japan (Pictures) / Liberia The Crystal Of West Africa. (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by bewizle(m): 1:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
The best period to visit the beach is December 26th(boxing day), its usually very fun-filled...the beach isn't neglected as pple fink...its open 4 visits anytime...give it a shot, u won't regret.
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
good to know. But, longest beach in west Africa 2km long. Am surprised
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by ikweremilitant: 2:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
drnoel:
THE Ibeno beach is a beautiful sand beach, which stretches to James Town on the Atlantic, providing recreational facilities for water sporting. Other impressive beaches are located at Eket, Ikot Abasi, Adadia, Nwaniba, Uta Ewa and Oron.

The state is well known for her exciting and rich culinary culture, and highly reputed for her irresistible and salivating variety of cuisines, which are predominantly vegetables and sea foods.

Visitors can have a taste of popular local dishes such as isi-ewu, Afang, Edikan Ikong and top it up with fresh palm wine.

Oron Museum offers some finest carvings, relics, artifacts and other valuable antiquities such as masquerade costumes, traditional/instruments, pottery. The museum also contains an attractive, shaded water front garden where visitors can watch small boats drifting on the creeks.

Other places of interest in Akwa Ibom are Ibom Plaza, Presbyterian Church, Mary Slessor House Tomb, Mbo Forest Game Reserve etc.

Ibeno Beach is reputed to be the longest sand beach in West Africa covering about 2 kilometres.

It is a beach that forms a part of the West African border with the Atlantic Ocean. The beauty of this beach is that its sands have been stable over the years without receding with the tide.

Ibeno beach presents a nature's gift, not only as a home for fishing but a relaxation spot for tourists. It is located in Ibeno Local Council Area of the state.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118620:ibeno-beach-akwa-ibom-longest-sand-beach-in-west-africa&catid=184:love-a-life&Itemid=711
God bless d nija delta,d region of beauty and weatlth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by anonimi: 2:12pm On Nov 02, 2014

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 02, 2014
iamchiddy:

lol. However, you made it appear as if those guys were some kind of rare species of mammals that were being hunted by women. By the way, the dudes in question were black or white?

They made it appear -not me. Yes, they were kinda hunted by some females.
I can remember saying, I didn't see anything 'exceptionally special' about them.

The ones I saw were our fellow Nigerian guys...lol

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by emdafe: 2:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
Pictures from ibeno beach

2 Likes

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

They made it appear -not me. Yes, they were kinda hunted by some females.
I can remember saying, I didn't see anything 'exceptionally special' about them.

The ones I saw were our fellow Nigerian guys...lol

Lol @fellow Nigerian guys.
well, i think the thought of presumably the size of their pockets made them attractive to the ladies and some hungry female corpers in particular.
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
Interesting. Its really looks lovely

2 Likes

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by lacasera14(m): 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
Okay, so what are gonna do now?
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by abes(m): 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
anonimi:
More pictures from the internet of the Ibeno beach

[img]http://2.bp..com/_Zev81onBbJc/S_7F88IOqvI/AAAAAAAAKUQ/pvO5QDWOsa4/s1600/800px-Stinson_Beach_3429.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-Er5pZbXmn_Y/UO7TWD52vgI/AAAAAAAAAFc/PqpVxGEAQ4o/s1600/pic02.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-s17w1crxH-Y/UwiBUotobwI/AAAAAAAAAf4/s328N6kktR8/s1600/SOFA_CleanUp-80.jpg[/img]

The last one is of a clean up exercise. Cool cool

NB: It's unfortunate for my initial post to be edited by who-knows-who

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
I hope it will be worth it..
stalyf:
It's beautiful. Next vacation place?
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by experimentist: 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
Omo see babesgrin

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by anonimi: 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
Why will a mod allow a post calling me a liar to stay while deleting my response that abes is a lazy bum since he cannot search to verify the pictures

This is absolutely unfair and harmful to the reputation of NL being a balanced platform for exchange of ideas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 02, 2014
iamchiddy:

Lol @fellow Nigerian guys.
well, i think the thought of presumably the size of their pockets made them attractive to the ladies and some hungry female corpers in particular.

You call it hunger- they call it hustle
___ and the hustle is real... grin
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by macklef(m): 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
Why dont Nigerians wear boxers/singlet, pant and bra. Or better still bikini to beaches

Am tired of seeing Ankara, lace, agbada, asò oke, jeans, even ladies tieing two wrapper to beaches.

For why na??

4 Likes

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by chronique(m): 4:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
May God forgive my ignorance. I used to think Lagos was the only state in Nigeria with beaches. I never knew other states had beaches. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by abes(m): 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
anonimi:
Why will a mod allow a post calling me a liar to stay while deleting my response that abes is a lazy bum since he cannot search to verify the pictures

This is absolutely unfair and harmful to the reputation of NL being a balanced platform for exchange of ideas.

You are a liar.

Are these not the pictures you posted as Ibeno beach pictures?

http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/california/stinson-beach

You also claimed they are cleaning the beach here http://gehoa.com.gh/Image-Gallery.aspx

Do you admit you a liar now?
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by coolayou(m): 4:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
This is a live pix of my humble self at Ibeno beach.

5 Likes

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2014

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Okeikpu(m): 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
Wao! Igboland is well blessed “ψ(`∇´)ψ(¬_¬)
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Okeikpu(m): 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
THE ACTUAL NAME IS IBEANO BEACH........NOT IBENO.... (●__●) God bless Biafra ( ˘ ³˘)♥

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Bluffly: 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
drnoel:
THE Ibeno beach is a beautiful sand beach, which stretches to James Town on the Atlantic, providing recreational facilities for water sporting. Other impressive beaches are located at Eket, Ikot Abasi, Adadia, Nwaniba, Uta Ewa and Oron.

The state is well known for her exciting and rich culinary culture, and highly reputed for her irresistible and salivating variety of cuisines, which are predominantly vegetables and sea foods.

Visitors can have a taste of popular local dishes such as isi-ewu, Afang, Edikan Ikong and top it up with fresh palm wine.

Oron Museum offers some finest carvings, relics, artifacts and other valuable antiquities such as masquerade costumes, traditional/instruments, pottery. The museum also contains an attractive, shaded water front garden where visitors can watch small boats drifting on the creeks.

Other places of interest in Akwa Ibom are Ibom Plaza, Presbyterian Church, Mary Slessor House Tomb, Mbo Forest Game Reserve etc.

Ibeno Beach is reputed to be the longest sand beach in West Africa covering about 2 kilometres.

It is a beach that forms a part of the West African border with the Atlantic Ocean. The beauty of this beach is that its sands have been stable over the years without receding with the tide.

Ibeno beach presents a nature's gift, not only as a home for fishing but a relaxation spot for tourists. It is located in Ibeno Local Council Area of the state.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118620:ibeno-beach-akwa-ibom-longest-sand-beach-in-west-africa&catid=184:love-a-life&Itemid=711
But you are yet to show us how long the sand beach is. Meters and picture
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by kullozone(m): 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
No gee-string or bikini??
some nor mind wear sweater and long gown sef.

2 Likes

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
joedejana:
I'm everywhere undecided
Possibly, fella cheesy. cheesy cheesy
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by iamord(m): 5:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Its fine.. The beach looks cleaner than the ones on lagos except badagry axis.. But nothing special about it from the looks

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by paddymo(m): 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
more picture of ibeno beach

2 Likes

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by iamord(m): 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
abes:

You are a liar.

You also claimed they are cleaning the beach here http://gehoa.com.gh/Image-Gallery.aspx

Lol anonimi #busted
Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by anonimi: 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
abes:

You are a liar.

Thank you for pointing out the ERROR with the photos I posted.
Did you check the blog addresses I copied them from? Were they described as Ibeno or not there?

Please note that I have nothing to gain personally in sharing erroneous photos of the beach. My interest as always is to share information about my dear country, Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

You call it hunger- they call it hustle
___ and the hustle is real... grin

hunger leads to hustling. If you think it's a lie ask awon boys for area. By the way, did you get my mail?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Truck Moving Damaged Osinbajo's Helicopter Spoilt In Kogi (photos) / Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video / Ariel View Of Ibadan Explosion before and after(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.