Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,249 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:18 AM

Hacker Explains How To Use An Android Phone To Hijack Planes - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hacker Explains How To Use An Android Phone To Hijack Planes (1324 Views)

A Must Read, Facebook Is Trying To Hijack Your Email Address. / How Can I Use An Etisalat Data Card On A Zain Usb Modem / Need Help On How To Use An Ntsc System Lcd Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hacker Explains How To Use An Android Phone To Hijack Planes by FXKing2012(m): 8:14am On Apr 14, 2013
A German security consultant, who's also a commercial pilot, has demonstrated tools he says could be used to hijack an airplane remotely, using just an Android phone.

Speaking at the Hack in the Box security summit in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Hugo Teso said
Wednesday that he spent three years developing SIMON, a framework of malicious code that could be used to attack and exploit airline security software, and an Android app to run it that he calls PlaneSploit.

Using a flight simulator, Teso showed off the ability to change the speed, altitude and direction of a virtual airplane by sending radio signals to its flight-management system.

Current security systems don't have strong enough authentication methods to make sure the commands are coming from a legitimate source, he said. "You can use this system to modify approximately everything related to the navigation of the plane," Teso told Forbes after his presentation. "That includes a lot of nasty things."

He told the crowd that the tools also could be used to do things like change what's on a pilot's display screen or turn off the lights in the cockpit. With the Android app he created, he said, he could remotely control a plane by simply tapping preloaded commands like "Please Go Here" and the ominous "Visit Ground."

Continue reading: www.cnn.com/2013/04/11/tech/mobile/phone-hijack-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_bn5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hacker Explains How To Use An Android Phone To Hijack Planes by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 14, 2013
Good invention but bad for the wicked mind e.g BOKO boys
Re: Hacker Explains How To Use An Android Phone To Hijack Planes by FXKing2012(m): 7:44am On Apr 17, 2013
mikeyhernadez: Good invention but bad for the wicked mind e.g BOKO boys
GBAM!!
Re: Hacker Explains How To Use An Android Phone To Hijack Planes by opeyemiz(m): 9:41am On Apr 17, 2013
In the hands of the wicked, I fear o. Make person no go land for north korea

2 Likes

Re: Hacker Explains How To Use An Android Phone To Hijack Planes by FXKing2012(m): 10:36am On Apr 17, 2013
Re: Hacker Explains How To Use An Android Phone To Hijack Planes by FXKing2012(m): 2:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
opeyemiz: In the hands of the wicked, I fear o. Make person no go land for north korea
Then you join them for lab where dem dey build nuclear bomb nah.

(1) (Reply)

HOW To Conect My Techno W3 To Pc And Browse / I Can't Download Mobdro / Extremely Clean Macbook Pro 8gig Ram, 250gig HDD Forsale 100k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.