Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,473 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:20 AM

Poetry: Your Pouring Heart - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poetry: Your Pouring Heart (525 Views)

It's Pouring Rain, It's Pouring Rain... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poetry: Your Pouring Heart by whizkidd: 9:51am On Apr 14, 2013
Your Pouring Heart

Babyy! Babbyyy!! I love you, you know that right? I need you, you make my world complete.

He smiles (slyly). She stares (innocently). He leans forward, honest eyes, firm grip, yearning lips. Exuding an aura of pure trustworthiness, too powerful not to captivate her poor gullible soul. You see, what Sephorah doesn’t know is that Mr right, right here, has spun these same words, day in day out, to Alicia, to Tamika, to Sasha, Habila, Seychuan, Hauwa. To a plethora of women. The EXACT same words. ‘YOU are my life’, yea right!

You see, baby boy, how am I to be faithful to you, and be that woman you idolize in your fantasies, when you don’t even give me a chance to show you the angel I have the potential to be? See how do I invest my heart, my soul, my being into you. When five minutes into our first conversation, you’ve got your eyes on the next pretty little thing to strut past us? Yes, i’m a bit of a dilemma, but aren’t we all? I present a puzzle, i’ll riddle you this, i’ll riddle you that. Stop! No you riddle me this; How, when you so fervently chase after me, you so easily walk away upon gaining the prize? Does a hunter after hours of chasing his prey, throw away the catch upon completion of the chase? Ah! You’ll agree with me then, that YOU are the dilemma.

In this game of love, I come shallow, naive and in submission to the guide of your manhood. Alas! I wonder how I shall allow myself to be guided by one who cannot guide himself. The hunter that celebrates not his prey. You’ve captured my heart, melted it and selfishly left it to pour out and dry. So here I stand and in place of a strong, love-filled and steadfast heart. All I have to offer is a pouring heart. YOUR pouring heart.

AUTHOR – Olamide J.E. Oshodi

Culled from digivercity.

(1) (Reply)

4 Tips To Get Your Book Published Quicker / What Choice Have You Made? / I Pity Our Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.