Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? (14932 Views)

Types Of Husband: Men What Type Are You? Women What type Is Your Hubby?? / Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? / Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by babysnogls: 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2013
I need to know. What is wrong in taking some change from your husbands pocket? Do all guys hate it or is it just mine?

Mine did not use to mind before but he later stopped me from doing it.(and i never took above a thousand naira.)

If i cooked food with my money and my hubby decides to scoop some without telling me, i wont get angry now, at least what is mine is his. Do all men dislike their wives taking money out of their pockets?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by xynerise: 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2013
Spare the rod and spoil the wife

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by pheyikemi: 5:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
Agreed. Wot belongs to him belongs 2u. But taking money frm his pocket wtout his awareness is equivalent to stealing. You could have told him u want to take some money out of his pocket, dat sounds better to avoid disputes.

12 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Enoquin(f): 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2013
There are really no right and wrong rules for couples. It all boils down to the uniqueness of the couple. Some men might not mind, others might.

9 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by taryour(f): 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2013
The answer to your question depends on the kind of man you are married to. You alone know his likes,if you know he doesn't like it and you go ahead and do it then you looked for trouble and deserve whatever comes out of it. And for those that their hubby don't mind,courtesy demands that you inform him before or after you have taken it to prevent issues. Some men like to keep changes in their pockets for reasons known to them so as we women so when you now get there and can't find it is annoying. I know a man who forgets his wallet a lot at home or in his car and always has extra money in his pocket.that's my hubby so I don't go to his pocket so I don't get into trouble rather I wouldn't even mind putting more in his pocket for him sef.

Am sure he would even read this post and smile to himself cause I don complain tire oo.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Darlenebabe: 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2013
give honour to whom it due.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Adurangba(f): 7:46pm On Apr 14, 2013
stealing is stealing.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by babysnogls: 8:19pm On Apr 14, 2013
xynerise: Spare the rod and spoil the wife
How do u mean?
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by babysnogls: 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
Adura_ngba: stealing is stealing.
So if he takes what is mine wtout tellin me, is it stealing too?
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by greatgod2012(f): 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2013
I wont twist words here.........taking money from your hubby's pocket/wallet without informing him, is STEALING, regardless of the type of man he is and also regardless of how rich he is.
Consider this scenario and clearly state how you will feel if it happens to you.
A man kept some amount, lets say, #5000 naira, the second day, he thought the money is still intact, went to a boutique to buy a beautiful dress for you, which costs the same amount, bought it, and when hes about to pay, he discover the money is #1000 less, imagine the embarrassment you would have caused him by your action.
Another example, both of you already have kids, and he kept money in his pocket, only for him to get to know on getting to work the next day, that part of the money is missing, and by the time he would be back home, you had gone to the market and he just assumed that its the kids that must have taken the missing money and he has already punished the kids severely before your arrival, only to discover that the kids are being punished for the money you stole, how will you feel
So, stealing is stealing, if you need the money, ask your hubby or take permission from him before taking his money, and if hes the stingy type, abeg, two wrongs can never make a right, d4, ignore him and manage the ones with you, in this life, there is a blessing that is attached to doing and being good, especially, taking care of one's immediate family and he who refuse to play his part misses the blessing. Dont allow a stingy man to turn you into a thieve.
May God help us all.

38 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by softy(m): 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2013
greatgod2012: I wont twist words here.........taking money from your hubby's pocket/wallet without informing him, is STEALING, regardless of the type of man he is and also regardless of how rich he is.
Consider this scenario and clearly state how you will feel if it happens to you.
A man kept some amount, lets say, #5000 naira, the second day, he thought the money is still intact, went to a boutique to buy a beautiful dress for you, which costs the same amount, bought it, and when hes about to pay, he discover the money is #1000 less, imagine the embarrassment you would have caused him by your action.
Another example, both of you already have kids, and he kept money in his pocket, only for him to get to know on getting to work the next day, that part of the money is missing, and by the time he would be back home, you had gone to the market and he just assumed that its the kids that must have taken the missing money and he has already punished the kids severely before your arrival, only to discover that the kids are being punished for the money you stole, how will you feel
So, stealing is stealing, if you need the money, ask your hubby or take permission from him before taking his money, and if hes the stingy type, abeg, two wrongs can never make a right, d4, ignore him and manage the ones with you, in this life, there is a blessing that is attached to doing and being good, especially, taking care of one's immediate family and he who refuse to play his part misses the blessing. Dont allow a stingy man to turn you into a thieve.
May God help us all.

God bless u.

This topic has led to many problems in many homes.

Strictly, God is against it.

We should always create awareness concerning what does not (privately) belong to us.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by biolabee(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
op r u working
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by andyanders: 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2013
babysnogls: I need to know. What is wrong in taking some change from ur husbands pocket? Do al guys hate it or is it just mine? Mine did nt use to mind b4 but he later stopped me frm doing it.(and i neva took above a thousand naira.)
If i cooked food wt my money and my hubby decides to scoop some wtout telling me, i wont get angry now, at least what is mine is his. Do all men dislike their wives taking money out of their pockets?

Well it all depends. Like me, I do not hide money from my wife cus I don't know how to hide money and I do not count money. If I collect say N100,000K from the bank, I keep in the wardrobe and both of us can have access to it. Though, my wife keeps my money in her account and anytime we need money we both go to the bank or she goes. I prefer it like that cus, it makes me to be responsible.If I go out say with any amount, I spend within what I have with me and anytime I run out, I go back home. If I keep money, I tend to give out a lot to friends as I do not know how to say no, when someone is in problem. Since she started keeping money in her account, we were able to build houses and do proper planning and it has worked for me.My wife can never abuse the money and I hate recounting money and when it runs out, we replace.
Taking money from your husband's pocket without his knowledge, might look somehow because he must have planned doing something with that money and taking it without his knowledge might trigger problems. Sit him down and discuss a way out so that both of you could have a proper planning and resolve the issue. Taking it without his consent or approval becomes stealing.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by tobechi74: 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
no body dares put his/her hand in my pocket with or without my manners.its absurd

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by babysnogls: 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2013
biolabee: op r u working
Yes.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by babysnogls: 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2013
greatgod2012: I wont twist words here.........taking money from your hubby's pocket/wallet without informing him, is STEALING, regardless of the type of man he is and also regardless of how rich he is.
May God help us all.
G.G, everytime i eva took money, i told him. Its like ds: For example, i discover we run out of eggs in d house and i need to buy a crate and im short of cash, i just take money frm his pocket then go to where he is and say 'hon, i just took so so amount from ur pocket cos we nid eggs' or i even buy d eggs then tell him almost immediately. I dnt let him discover it, infact he neva knows. I just know i av to tell him.. I asked earlier, wat if he takes smtn dts mine b4 tellin me, did he also steal frm me?
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
@op,it is called stealing. period! don't twist it.there r things better left alone for d smooth running of d family!eg I run my housekeepin account seperatly.so I budget according to what is in my account for d month.if I ran short of money b4 d end of d month or at home and I need money,I will tell him to give me.if its something dat is big and I need money immediately,I will tell him, with draw and give him back.open a housekeeping account op, it will help u avoid unnecesry embrasin situatns.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by taryour(f): 11:36pm On Apr 14, 2013
babysnogls:
G.G, everytime i eva took money, i told him. Its like ds: For example, i discover we run out of eggs in d house and i need to buy a crate and im short of cash, i just take money frm his pocket then go to where he is and say 'hon, i just took so so amount from ur pocket cos we nid eggs' or i even buy d eggs then tell him almost immediately. I dnt let him discover it, infact he neva knows. I just know i av to tell him.. I asked earlier, wat if he takes smtn dts mine b4 tellin me, did he also steal frm me?

Madam what you did isn't stealing,and if your hubby also takes your thing b4 telling you is not stealing. Since you tell him almost immediately and he still reacts angrily then its so obvious he doesn't like it so just stop it and let peace reign. Try your best to always have extra savings at home just for times u run out of cash,just assume u had gone to your hubby pocket with the hope of getting some cash to add to the one you and you found an empty pocket wouldn't you have used the one you had on you?

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by greatgod2012(f): 6:29am On Apr 15, 2013
babysnogls:

telling him immediately or b4 he gets to know about it settles it, BUT,if he doesnt want you to tell him after, then, tell him before.....simple.

As regard taking your own thing without telling you, i guess your temperament is melancholy, that is how WE are, prone to revenge, i absolutely understand you, that, if he doesnt want you to take his money without his approval, he too should not take your things without your approval. Well, if thats how you want it, then, tell him not to take any of your things without telling you, but i will prefer overcoming good with bad, not, do me, i do you(hope you understand my parable). Love conquers all things, says the word of God, why dont you leave revenge alone, and dont take it......... Revenge is of the Lord, d4, win him over, thats my own opinion sha, but i will say, whatever rocks your boat.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by greatgod2012(f): 6:35am On Apr 15, 2013
taryour:

just assume u had gone to your hubby pocket with the hope of getting some cash to add to the one you and you found an empty pocket wouldn't you have used the one you had on you?

thank you.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by biolabee(m): 6:45am On Apr 15, 2013
babysnogls:
Yes.

If u are working then dont do it no more as said, as those small change fit be recharge card money or some small money that act as backup
Like me i keep like 5k in my dashboard compartment for unforeseen days and will not like it not to be there when i need it

Go and sin no more smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by eagleeye2: 6:50am On Apr 15, 2013
I was taught when I was growing up that it is wrong to take other people's things without telling them. My mum equally said that the right thing to do is to take permision from the person BEFORE taking/using his or her thing.

My dear Op, this thread would have been unnecessary if you had cultivated the habit of asking BEFORE taking/using your husband's thing (in this case money). This advice extends equally to your children, before you open another thread tomorrow saying afterall I bought so and so for my child and he or she wouldn't even allow me to use it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 15, 2013

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Adurangba(f): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2013
babysnogls:
So if he takes what is mine wtout tellin me, is it stealing too?

Stealing is stealing. Dont refer to him eating the food you cooked with your money anyway.

If your kids take money from your purse or bag without telling you and it becomes an habit for them, what will you say?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by ifyalways(f): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2013
@OP,simply get your man to give you a certain amount for unforseen expensis each week.That should solve your problem.

Personally,I take money from my husbands wallet and he never complains.He is mine and that includes his money and CC. I lol @ anybody that would tell me it's stealing. cheesy As in,you leave your home come shook mouth for matter and money wey no be yours? Who made you the universal judge?

Bottomline: each couple are unique.if your partner frowns at anything then you need to stop think up what's best for your situation.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by andyanders: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2013
babysnogls:

Better tell him before taking the money because he could have some plans with what he has with him. Always ask before taking and himself also should ask before taking. What if your friend gave you money to keep for her and all of a sudden, the money is taken without your knowledge? If the lady comes, will you tell the lady my husband took the money without your knowledge? The lady will now look at your husband as a thief.Likewise your husband telling someone or his friend that his wife took the money given to him by someone, that will equally translate to be that his wife is a thief.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2013
xynerise: Spare the rod and spoil the wife
nawa o shocked so there are even wife beaters in nairaland shocked any body wey dey find husband for nairaland na sorry be im name :p

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by ifyalways(f): 9:25am On Apr 15, 2013
Adura_ngba:

Stealing is stealing. Dont refer to him eating the food you cooked with your money anyway.

If your kids take money from your purse or bag without telling you and it becomes an habit for them, what will you say?
Stale newsa really.

Kids are kids and should be taught that you can't take money or anything from anyone's bag without the persons express permission.

As they grow,there are exceptions. If there are emergencies and mom/dad are not at home,they can take money from mom's bag or dad's wallet.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 15, 2013
Even when i have my own money,i prefer going to my dads room to pick small small change like 1,ooo naira,5,ooo naira to buy thing in the house.e.g when foodstuffs has finished in the house like yam,palmoil,groundnut oil,maggi,onions,plantain etc,i take his own and buy it,then prepare his favourite for him.when my papa don beleful and he enters the room to take something,he notices someone has come to take some of his money because the position he kept his money is not the same way he met it.(my old man dey very meticulous) he go say kulyie,come.so you don ener my room take money abi?and i am like when you dey chop amala,eforiro,bokoto and panla,you no complain,i con take small change you con dey disturb me.the man will just shake his head and go.but if he be 2ok upwards omo he go para o.he go vex.however when he too needs money,he will tell my kidbrother to go and bring my hand bag inside my room,open my wallet and take my money.if i come back and i dont meet money in my wallet i know its my dad ,so i go straight to my dad and ask for my money,he will say mo'je onje omo ni,kodeni korolenu mi lai lai.abi the money wey i dey spend on antenatal,pampers,school fees,pocket money etc fit compare to the 4k wey i take,my friend get out of my room.but mumsi levels no be money o.she no dey take my money her own be say,if she get party,she go just go take my jwelry whether i dey house or i no dey,she go use my make up,scatter am for bed and carry my gele wey blend with the colour of her ankara.mumsi no dey even wahala me at all cheesy those my 2 folks ehen cheesy when i dey work,i dey always miss them die cheesy

8 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 15, 2013
pheyikemi: Agreed. Wot belongs to him belongs 2u. But taking money frm his pocket wtout his awareness is equivalent to stealing. You could have told him u want to take some money out of his pocket, dat sounds better to avoid disputes.
i dont know for husband and wife levels o.but the same way wey i dey treat my papa,na the same way wey i go treat my husby.if he talk too much,i go blackmail am say the bele wey i carry for you,e reach the amount wey i take,abeg no wahala my life,i don take am,i don take am be that,sit down,make we watch tv :p

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 15, 2013
ifyalways: Stale newsa really.

Kids are kids and should be taught that you can't take money or anything from anyone's bag without the persons express permission.

As they grow,there are exceptions. If there are emergencies and mom/dad are not at home,they can take money from mom's bag or dad's wallet.

exactly.since we were kids,i or any of my siblings take our parents money wella,however it is only if they need it that they ask who took the money,if they dont need it urgently,they dont bother.however she made it expressly clear to us that we can only do all this at home
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 15, 2013
ifyalways: @OP,simply get your man to give you a certain amount for unforseen expensis each week.That should solve your problem.

Personally,I take money from my husbands wallet and he never complains.He is mine and that includes his money and CC. I lol @ anybody that would tell me it's stealing. cheesy As in,you leave your home come shook mouth for matter and money wey no be yours? Who made you the universal judge?

Bottomline: each couple are unique.if your partner frowns at anything then you need to stop think up what's best for your situation.
true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hisense 215dr Fridge Worst Product Ever / Get In Here For Your Quality And Affordable Shoes / The Future Of Male Birth Control ;D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.