Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? (14936 Views)

Types Of Husband: Men What Type Are You? Women What type Is Your Hubby?? / Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? / Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 15, 2013
biolabee:

If u are working then dont do it no more as said, as those small change fit be recharge card money or some small money that act as backup
Like me i keep like 5k in my dashboard compartment for unforeseen days and will not like it not to be there when i need it

Go and sin no more smiley
lmao you keep 5k on the dash board in the house shocked that money will be used to go and do my hair or paint my nails and return the remaining change there if there is cheesy :p

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 15, 2013
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Scofieldella(f): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2013
As long as its d wife taking it and nt d husband taking from d wife, no qualms!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Adurangba(f): 11:29am On Apr 15, 2013
ifyalways: Stale newsa really.

Kids are kids and should be taught that you can't take money or anything from anyone's bag without the persons express permission.

As they grow,there are exceptions. If there are emergencies and mom/dad are not at home,they can take money from mom's bag or dad's wallet.

God bless the kids in your care.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 15, 2013
It is criminal...and should be treated as such in accordance with the law of the Federal Republic of Sharia. Cut off those two hands and say; "go and steal no more."
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Pelummy(f): 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2013
pheyikemi: Agreed. Wot belongs to him belongs 2u. But taking money frm his pocket wtout his awareness is equivalent to stealing. You could have told him u want to take some money out of his pocket, dat sounds better to avoid disputes.
dis i hear u say stealing? so i cant feel free to take his money but he can confidently take from my bag......hmmmmm
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by twinstaiye(m): 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
I wouldnt call it stealing. For me, My wife can take money from my wallet anytime she likes. Any money I dont want her to touch, I wont put it in my wallet. It works for me and may not work for some people. Me and my wife dont operate house keeping money system, so she is free to take money and use it anytime she wants.
@op If you took the money and later inform him that you did, that shouldnt be called stealing at all, it is the right thing to do, or else, where else does he want you to get the money.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Orikinla(m): 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
There is nothing wrong as long as you are really and truly married.
I give my woman my credit cards whenever she needs money and she has never taken more than she needs.
But I know that majority of Nigerian men cannot emulate me since they are still behaving like men in the Dark Ages and still groping in the darkness of their fears of women who they see more as sex objects and baby factories and not their help mates as God made them for us.

Not sharing your earning with your life partner only makes you poorer and not richer.
It is foolish to be rich, but your wife is begging you for money.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2013
It all depends on the size of his pocket and his heart too.
However always let him know whenever you 'fap' anything from there. But if he doesn't like it at all, please stop doing it, at least for peace's sake
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by anitank(f): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
Its a very simple issue. If ur hubby doesn't like it, then please stop doing it
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
If you need it, ask for it.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by toluleke(m): 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hell fire
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2013
A housewife in my village was beaten to death by her husband and her mother in-law.cos she took #200 from his shirt pocket to buy baby food for their 3month old baby when he wasn't around and the child was hungry.what do u call that?she has since been buried.the guy was jailed for two months and he's out.poor innocent baby is with his little single teenage aunty.cos the grandma is dead.the mother-in-law is out of the question cos she's wickedness personified.and some men will still try to justify such actions.(Example thos that released him from jail in two months
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Morgan1092(m): 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
I prefer she tel me b4 tekn money 4rm my pocket.
Reason: I may nt check d money in my pocket b4 leavn d house, hoping i didn't spend it. And wud be embarrassd 2 start lukn 4 it.
babysnogls: I need to know. What is wrong in taking some change from your husbands pocket? Do all guys hate it or is it just mine?

Mine did not use to mind before but he later stopped me from doing it.(and i never took above a thousand naira.)

If i cooked food with my money and my hubby decides to scoop some without telling me, i wont get angry now, at least what is mine is his. Do all men dislike their wives taking money out of their pockets?
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by ismokeweed1(f): 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
babysnogls: I need to know. What is wrong in taking some change from your husbands pocket? Do all guys hate it or is it just mine?

Mine did not use to mind before but he later stopped me from doing it.(and i never took above a thousand naira.)

If i cooked food with my money and my hubby decides to scoop some without telling me, i wont get angry now, at least what is mine is his. Do all men dislike their wives taking money out of their pockets?

do you want your husband to fight with a danfo conductor or the filling station attendant on his way to work?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
Orikinla: There is nothing wrong as long as you are really and truly married.
I give my woman my credit cards whenever she needs money and she has never taken more than she needs.
But I know that majority of Nigerian men cannot emulate me since they are still behaving like men in the Dark Ages and still groping in the darkness of their fears of women who they see more as sex objects and baby factories and not their help mates as God made them for us.

Not sharing your earning with your life partner only makes you poorer and not richer.
It is foolish to be rich, but your wife is begging you for money.
God bless u sir.especially on that observation of the attitudes of NIgerian men towards their wives.sincerely I'm scared of getting married.our married men are nothing to write home about.most of them anyway.disheartening!
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by LushGreenz: 12:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
pheyikemi: Agreed. Wot belongs to him belongs 2u. But taking money frm his pocket wtout his awareness is equivalent to stealing. You could have told him u want to take some money out of his pocket, dat sounds better to avoid disputes.

Plus you don't wanna do that when your kids might be watching.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
babysnogls:

What caused his sudden change of heart? If you know, do you mind telling?

I'm curious. Afterall, he did not see it as a problem before now.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Ehee: 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2013
It is not wrong becos God has made 2 of u 1 bt bear in mind dat d money shld not be use 4 cloth and ................
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2013
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by nagoma(m): 12:34pm On Apr 15, 2013

Mine did not use to mind before but he later stopped me from doing it.(and i never took above a thousand naira.

Your husband has married a thief. You will graduate to stealing hundreds of thousands. You cannot be recommended for certain jobs. If you find yourself as a bank cashier you will end up in prison. If I was your husband I would hand you over to the police and get a well bred wife who knows the definition of stealing and abhors it.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by firetrap(m): 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
lorretta u: God bless u sir.especially on that observation of the attitudes of NIgerian men towards their wives.sincerely I'm scared of getting married.our married men are nothing to write home about.most of them anyway.disheartening!

not every man is like that. I personally believe in sharing with whomever I'm with cos I don't want a situation where she'd tell me is because I didn't give her, she went out to get it from somewhere else. and moreover there can be no stealing in marriage cos what's hers is yours and what's urs is hers
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by TheMadame(f): 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
I take money from my husbands pocket all the time but the point is I always tell him before I do so.
@OP, every marriage is different,and the fact is some men frown at wives taking their money,with or without their consent. Dearie,why not talk it over with him as you have explained on this thread? Communication/understanding matters a lot in any marriage/relationship.If the money is used for important and not frivolous/uneconomic purchases,am sure he will understand. Good luck.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2013
Couple taking each other's money is not a sin but you must let him/her know, know the amount you took. Else, if its for the pretence that afterall he/she is my husband/wife, you are a thief.

Why will I not tell him I took an amount from him? Will he beat me? Why will he not tell me he took an amount from me, will I beat him? No. So for mutual benefit and for the kingdom of God, be truthfull in all areas.

Most women are guilty in this aspect, in the name of he is my husband. The most urgly aspect of it is when he ask and you deny it. Sin is sin. Stealing is stealing.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by afrobaby(f): 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
Wetin person no go hear from nairaland, so taking money from my hubby's pocket na stealing, haba, which kain love una dey practise so,

I take money from my hubby's wallet as I deem fit(u hardly see money in his pocket, if u like, wash 20 of his trousers in a day, u no go find kobo),even withdraw using his ATM as I like, why? cos he knows I dont spend lavishly, if for any reason I take his money, then it is for a good reason, that is what I term trust in marriage, even when he receives alert from any of his banks for an atm withdrawal, he just calls me to confirm if I was the one that made that transaction, and if I take money from his wallet, I tell him after, mostly not before, at times we even joke about it like
wifey: if anyone is looking for money, let him not curse o, na him love take am o
hubby: if anyone is looking for chicken/meat/fish, let her not be annoyed o, na her love eat am.

It is part of fun and love,

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by talktimi(m): 12:51pm On Apr 15, 2013
My wife is the only legal thief allowed near my pockets or anywhere I leave money in the house but honestly its better to seek permission first because the money might have been budgeted for something very important like booze or fuel...

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by TableLeg(m): 12:53pm On Apr 15, 2013
You shouldnt assume because you are his wife you can take anything without his authorization ....
It is technically stealing if he doesnt know ... It is not hard to ask!
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by usgee: 12:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
babysnogls:
G.G, everytime i eva took money, i told him. Its like ds: For example, i discover we run out of eggs in d house and i need to buy a crate and im short of cash, i just take money frm his pocket then go to where he is and say 'hon, i just took so so amount from ur pocket cos we nid eggs' or i even buy d eggs then tell him almost immediately. I dnt let him discover it, infact he neva knows. I just know i av to tell him.. I asked earlier, wat if he takes smtn dts mine b4 tellin me, did he also steal frm me?

If this seemingly flimsy example is what upsets your husband, then I will want to believe that this is recurring now and again and the man is just angry that you are making the last-minute-.com a habit, because you mentioned that he was not complaining previously. So if he does now, you should run a check and will be able to see that the signal is pointing to other direction.
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by Ljboy(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
taryour: The answer to your question depends on the kind of man you are married to. You alone know his likes,if you know he doesn't like it and you go ahead and do it then you looked for trouble and deserve whatever comes out of it. And for those that their hubby don't mind,courtesy demands that you inform him before or after you have taken it to prevent issues. Some men like to keep changes in their pockets for reasons known to them so as we women so when you now get there and can't find it is annoying. I know a man who forgets his wallet a lot at home or in his car and always has extra money in his pocket.that's my hubby so I don't go to his pocket so I don't get into trouble rather I wouldn't even mind putting more in his pocket for him sef.

Am sure he would even read this post and smile to himself cause I don complain tire oo.
hehehehehe....u dey use style advertise d luv 4 nairaland abi no worry ur hubby go see d post!
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by biolabee(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
kulyie: Even when i have my own money,i prefer going to my dads room to pick small small change like 1,ooo naira,5,ooo naira to buy thing in the house.e.g when foodstuffs has finished in the house like yam,palmoil,groundnut oil,maggi,onions,plantain etc,i take his own and buy it,then prepare his favourite for him.when my papa don beleful and he enters the room to take something,he notices someone has come to take some of his money because the position he kept his money is not the same way he met it.(my old man dey very meticulous) he go say kulyie,come.so you don ener my room take money abi?and i am like when you dey chop amala,eforiro,bokoto and panla,you no complain,i con take small change you con dey disturb me.the man will just shake his head and go.but if he be 2ok upwards omo he go para o.he go vex.however when he too needs money,he will tell my kidbrother to go and bring my hand bag inside my room,open my wallet and take my money.if i come back and i dont meet money in my wallet i know its my dad ,so i go straight to my dad and ask for my money,he will say mo'je onje omo ni,kodeni korolenu mi lai lai.abi the money wey i dey spend on antenatal,pampers,school fees,pocket money etc fit compare to the 4k wey i take,my friend get out of my room.but mumsi levels no be money o.she no dey take my money her own be say,if she get party,she go just go take my jwelry whether i dey house or i no dey,she go use my make up,scatter am for bed and carry my gele wey blend with the colour of her ankara.mumsi no dey even wahala me at all cheesy those my 2 folks ehen cheesy when i dey work,i dey always miss them die cheesy

kulyie you be sweet story teller
The story meanders like a snake and you can touch the childlike way you tell your tales

u shd open a diary
LOL
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by firetrap(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
from the way u spoke with this piece I had to check ur profile and I must confess that you're one beautiful woman. I wouldn't mind get to know more about u
Re: What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? by firetrap(m): 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
lorretta u: A housewife in my village was beaten to death by her husband and her mother in-law.cos she took #200 from his shirt pocket to buy baby food for their 3month old baby when he wasn't around and the child was hungry.what do u call that?she has since been buried.the guy was jailed for two months and he's out.poor innocent baby is with his little single teenage aunty.cos the grandma is dead.the mother-in-law is out of the question cos she's wickedness personified.and some men will still try to justify such actions.(Example thos that released him from jail in two months

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Future Of Male Birth Control ;D / How To Bond With Your New Born / At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.