Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:12 AM

Survive - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Survive (1000 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Survive by decepticos(m): 11:12pm On Apr 14, 2013
You look in my eyes, u see it expresses sadness, you expected tears, you saw blood instead. Does that make me emotional or simply mean i am dying? But if i were dying what good would my death bring you, because you just stand in front of me looking into the unnatural condition that is now my eyes, my eye the physical gate to my soul, in your mind is now lost, but then you feel the heat on ur very own face and in ur mind you ask "what is this?" the very uncanny situation you happen to think you saw on some1 else, happens to be you looking at a mirror, the image is of a version of you so far fetched from what you once knew was urself. You notice you'r crying now and then realise it u who cried blood rather than tears,and just as you notice it did not just start, you realise yes your sight is letting go of you but what can be done, questions rush up to your head "how is this happening?" "What is happening?" and most importantly "Why me, why now?". You are in the bathroom, The bathroom you are in is quite large, the mirror ur looking at is directly across the bathroom from the door though not human size in height, the floor is slippery, the hot shower left on, in search for a phone you had broken an ointment bottle, there is no phone in here, you know not the emergency number, no friend at home, neither brother nor sister. Literally u r loosing blood and ur sight along with it, in ur mind all hope is gone, if u navigate via ur existing knowledge, you could slip off the wet tiled floor and crack ur neck or step on the bottle and still crack ur neck, or worse still u crash into the very mirror in front of you, "it just got bad" you say to urself "how else could it get worse" then you turn to take your firat step out. That doubt of death u have at that momemt when seems inevitable is for some HOPE. So how far do you think it'll get you.

SURVIVE.
Re: Survive by decepticos(m): 6:28pm On May 05, 2013
You see, very few people have an open mind, no matter how many you meet who claim so. In trouble many would either flee or fight, now thats basic biology, or pshycology. Very few would genieuly want to know why even when they do ask why, and even alot fewer would do that which is right except those with previous trainning to rely on, and even so Antaraxia never is the case of a supposed human in the face of trouble. An open mind is next to impossible to achieve or maintain in the face of trouble. I pride myself as one with an open mind but One good question how long does it take to fall off while standing? Now how much sense does that make? Its hard to disearn the true reason for which one lived, but one lives anyway, so its hard to tell if we live for a pre-existing reason or if life was given us to define a reason. The blessed I have heard to die young, the cursed suffer a long life, some others are inbetween, hi i'm an inbetweener, this is how i survived.

(1) (Reply)

Kareemah; The Fulani Girl / Friendship / Flowers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.