Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Where Is The Agricultural Sector Transformation Of Gej Leading Us To? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is The Agricultural Sector Transformation Of Gej Leading Us To? (445 Views)

Shocking Before And After Transformation Of Nnamdi Kanu In Prison [PICS] / New Polls Show GEJ Leading.... / Where Is GEJ Leading Nigeria To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Agricultural Sector Transformation Of Gej Leading Us To? by hipinnacle: 1:26am On Apr 15, 2013
WHERE IS THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR TRANSFORMATION OF GEJ LEADING US TO?

I am kind worry and it grieves my heart how food prices are being skyrocket on a daily basis. My question is this; despite all the noises concerning the transformation agenda of Mr. President, GEJ in the agric. Sector, where are the results? When shall we begin to reap the dividends and bountifulness of the fertilizers distribution to farmers, emergence of cellular phones to agrarians, cassava explosion and massive local rice exploration, just to mention but a few?

I don’t belong to the school of thought that quickly throw punches via social media to our leaders because I believe leadership is a herculean task and unease lies the head that wears the crown.

Likewise, considering the complexity and criticism nature of Nigerians, it is quite tedious to rule but my obdurate thought is that leaders are not rulers; rather, they are positioned to be change agents.

It is quite amazing how series of debacles and inflammation have beclouded our intuition and imagination in this country. Where are the pressure groups? Where are the standardized emancipation groups? Why have they gone silent hastily and things are becoming rotten day after day?

UNPRECEDENTED HIKE IN FOOD PRICES:

My curiosity emanated most especially some days ago when I was told a congo (in a relative term; that plastic rubber use in the south-west for food stuff measurement) of garri is being sold for #170 and #180 depending on your location.
To me, that is fairer, but is it not crazy for the price of indomie noodles to have jumped from #50 to #70 (the medium size) and larger size now #110. Okay! It still doesn’t matter. You can’t get a grounded pepper tied in a tiny nylon for #5 again; it is between #10 and #20.

Well, all these might be inconsequential now. But my question is where is the present day leading us to? Or better still, in which direction are we heading?

Now, in Ondo State for instance, it looks as if there is no sitting government. Everything looks stand still. Is it not better for us as a nation that we should be driving ourselves and be void of any form of leadership?

Nobody wants to farm again because it is no more lucrative. The oil boom had caused a lot of damages to the society. It has ingratiated craziness, mental degradation and aloofness. The oil is booming but it is driving us into vaguer situation and poverty.

God has provided everything we for us to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth, it now left for to consciously protect the resources given to us by the Creator. I rest my case ladies and gentlemen!

MY SOLUTION IS FOR US AS A COMMONER TO FORM A SYNERGY AND DEMAND FOR OUR BIRTHRIGHT.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA…….
Re: Where Is The Agricultural Sector Transformation Of Gej Leading Us To? by CyberG: 3:34am On Apr 15, 2013
Famine. Fresh air!

(1) (Reply)

Falae Kicks Against Amnesty For Boko Haram / President Jonathan Sets Up Committees On Boko Haram And Other Security Challenge / "We Are Still A Poor Country" - Ngozi Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.