Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? (6401 Views)

Shareholders Hail Gtbankā€™s Performance, Approve Dividend / Dividend Of Quoted Firm To Be Paid Into Savings Account. Sec / Zenith Bank- Proposed Dividend Of N1.00k & Bonus (1 For 4) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by perewesley(m): 12:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
Credible speculative information has revealed that UBA PLC would reward its shareholders with a bumper dividend payout.

The above information is anchored on a comment made by the Group Managing Director exactly one year ago!!!

I envision and predict a dividend payout of 60kobo per share, considering their EPS,

I also envision that when the release their corporate action and 1st quarter result, UBA's share price would hit 12 Naira...

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2012-uba-assures-shareholders-dividend/114680/
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by otokx(m): 8:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
well i doubted you before and it came to pass so let me doubt you again so that it will come to pass.

1 Like

Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by edawg(m): 10:52am On Apr 16, 2013
Are u serious...wow...I don hammer ...60 kobo ni 60 million ko..don't see ow dt 1 wud change my life angry

1 Like

Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by jimharry21(m): 11:00am On Apr 16, 2013
So the removal of N100 charges if u use another bank's ATM was a fluke i was told that the banks actually take the money at the end of every month. guys can anybody confirm this?
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by dc555: 11:03am On Apr 16, 2013
jimharry21: So the removal of N100 charges if u use another bank's ATM was a fluke i was told that the banks actually take the money at the end of every month. guys can anybody confirm this?
You're right, they make deductions at the end of the month. Depends on how often you use the ATM. GTB deducted mind last month. Bunch of parasites.

1 Like

Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by edawg(m): 11:04am On Apr 16, 2013
jimharry21: So the removal of N100 charges if u use another bank's ATM was a fluke i was told that the banks actually take the money at the end of every month. guys can anybody confirm this?
nah they stoped it...no more charges other than the N100 monthly atm charge.
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
Wht is the nominnal value of their shares? Wht is or wht wx the market value of the share in their last public offer? Can som1 pls explain haw investing in shares can make u rich?
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by manie(m): 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
torhuke: Wht is the nominnal value of their shares? Wht is or wht wx the market value of the share in their last public offer? Can som1 pls explain haw investing in shares can make u rich?

Investment in shares can not make you rich, I will advice you to keep you money in the bank.

Does that answer your question?
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by valdubem(m): 3:33pm On Apr 16, 2013
manie:

Investment in shares can not make you rich, I will advice you to keep you money in the bank.

Does that answer your question?

And who says investing in shares cannot make you rich?
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by manie(m): 3:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
val_dubem:

And who says investing in shares cannot make you rich?

Just being sarcastic. There is no point convincing someone who does not believe in the stock market, to start investing in shares.

1 Like

Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by valdubem(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2013
manie:

Just being sarcastic. There is no point convincing someone who does not believe in the stock market, to start investing in shares.

Haha! grin grin I get it
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by cometozizo(m): 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hey guys , just a sharp one if I buy UBA stock today now , will I be paid dividend at the propose date for dividend payment
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by manie(m): 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2013
cometozizo: Hey guys , just a sharp one if I buy UBA stock today now , will I be paid dividend at the propose date for dividend payment

Yes.
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by ibehkc(m): 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
after years of theory. unless bank of Africa.
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by felucci(m): 5:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
cometozizo: Hey guys , just a sharp one if I buy UBA stock today now , will I be paid dividend at the propose date for dividend payment

It depends when you buy the stock. If you buy it before the books have been closed for the year or dividends have been proposed, you won't get a share of it. Dividends are normally issued out to shareholders whose name appear in the books as at that financial year end for which they have been declared.
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by seanet01: 8:10am On Apr 17, 2013
I don hammer. This must true OP or i will locate you with thunder
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by manie(m): 10:58am On Apr 17, 2013
felucci:

It depends when you buy the stock. If you buy it before the books have been closed for the year or dividends have been proposed, you won't get a share of it. Dividends are normally issued out to shareholders whose name appear in the books as at that financial year end for which they have been declared.

He said if he should buy UBA today, that was yesterday 16th April 2013. He would get the dividend, because they have not closed their register for the year.
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by Samunosuke(m): 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
I bought their shares during the initial public offering and since then I haven't cashed any of the dividends I've received. Is it possible to cash dividends as far back as 2007/2008? If so, how do I do that? Thanks all.
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by perewesley(m): 9:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
Samunosuke: I bought their shares during the initial public offering and since then I haven't cashed any of the dividends I've received. Is it possible to cash dividends as far back as 2007/2008? If so, how do I do that? Thanks all.

Yes it is possible, go to Afri prudential registrars on Ikorodu road with proof of ID. and a banker's confirmation of signature (just in case they dont have your specimen signature on their systems).

They should be able to give you your past dividend warrants
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by Samunosuke(m): 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2013
Ok. Thank you. Unfortunately, I'm not in Lagos. Do Afri Prudential Registrars have branches across the country? I believe I have most of the dividend warrants and extra share certificates. Do I just walk into any UBA branch with them and get paid?
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by Benjacky: 9:26am On Apr 25, 2013
Dividend warrants expire after 6 months from payment date but can be revalidated if sent back to the Registrars
Re: UBA To Pay Dividend Of 60 Kobo? by perewesley(m): 1:13pm On May 10, 2013
UBA just announced their results, they are going to pay 50kobo for every share held ...my prediction was far off **grin**

(1) (Reply)

It SEEMS The Mmm Suspension Have Been Reversed / Can I Complete A 10 Bedroom Self Contained With 7.5 Million? / A New Thread On How To "Invest In Nigeria Movie And Music Industry"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.