Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much (31303 Views)

"My Neighbour Has A Girlfriend But Still Sleeps With Me Every Time” / Photo: You May Kiss The Bride / I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nadoson: 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
angelsing: why i my do only one who thinks this is a complete fabrication of the Op mind..5million?.pls come up wit a better lie
tnx sayin it b4 me cos i wanted 2 call d OP a very big fabricator.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nadoson: 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
angelsing: why i my do only one who thinks this is a complete fabrication of the Op mind..5million?.pls come up wit a better lie
tnx 4 sayin it b4 me cos i wanted 2 call d OP a very big fabricator.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by beetg: 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
1. After payment no visitor from her family. 2. Waytin she carry 3. She worthy d money? 4. Na big lie b dis sha .
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by braxjay(m): 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2013
beetg: 1. After payment no visitor from her family. 2. Waytin she carry 3. She worthy d money? 4. Na big lie b dis sha .

answer is 4. i pass
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Z8(m): 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
5M is way too much even 2M... don't forget... wedding still dey oh
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
This is rather obnoxious. That much for woman wey no be TIA LEDA
But seriously, my bride price was #3,000 and that was IT.
5mm will build a house ooo
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by pendusky(m): 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2013
They wan open industry?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by tlops(m): 4:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
Op go marry an Indian girl... She'll pay your groom price. Better still go marry oyinbo no bride price... grin .

After the 5M, you will still be required to participate financially in family functions?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by OKOABENI(m): 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2013
5million for brideprice,impossible grin
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Wizpa(m): 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2013
horlajide: Ask your in-laws if in return for the 5million ,you get:

-a receipt(for full payment and full ownership) tenable in the court of law

-a warranty covering the product bride till infinity

-a framed certificate of owneship (which i suggest u hang in your sitting-room,infact make photocopies and hang them in every single room at home)
undecided
my oga at the top as said it all
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by creativej: 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
guy just try and get her pregnant, u will see dat the so called parents will
be the one to beg u to come and pay any amount u have.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by DECOtech(m): 5:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
Are they selling the girl to you? this is why some men turn heir backs on their inlaws.
Careful bro, this cld be a test.
or I'd say you leave them to marry their daughter. i don't think they really like you.

but if you really love that girl n want to marry her, GET HER PREGNANT angry angry angry angry
the price must come down by fire by force
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by nattyman: 5:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
CFCfan:

LMAO. I won't be able to pay such, maybe around $1000 (N160,000). grin grin

i dont think there is any parent that will ask for N5m as bride in this Nigeria. I dont believe this story!
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
This is like an insult to orlu girls and I am one my dad only takes 20 naira as bride price. Aside all the traditional requirement.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
Most imo natives demand high bride price, I am from mbaise, our own is very expensive.You might even pay almost 10M sef. Marrying from wheRe I come from is not pure water.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2013
I could be wrong
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by chioma134: 5:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
Sacluxpaint: Most imo natives demand high bride price, I am from mbaise, our own is very expensive.You might even pay almost 10M sef. Marrying from wheRe I come from is not pure water.
Liar! My younger brother married from Mbaise November 2012. The parents did not collect a dime as bride price.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by firedaman1(m): 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2013
2 F-ing million!?just for dowry?omo u don buy market.u sef get mind...maybe she don show/do u wetin u never experience b4 for ur life. infact,i no fit shout...if u can path with 2M,kukuma make it up to 5M and carry ur oil company dey go house.
Bros, I hail oooooo!
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by kcreal(f): 6:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
Why do I have the feeling that Kzinne is the same person as the OP.

@op you know you lied, bride price is not high in Imo State but the traditional requirements which is not up to 500k.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by tollywhistle(m): 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
Bobo bone o, even if Йą true and Ʊ come eventually pay the 2M ur mugurism just start niyen o cos Ʊ need not a microscope to identify a generous maga
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Ezegozie(m): 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
Anazp: Hello. I have been dating my girl for about five years now. I proposed to her and she agreed to marry me. However after fixing the date from the traditional Wedding, her parents are asking for five million naira as Bride Price. I told my girlfriend to appeal to them to at least reduce it to two million but her parents refuse. They say its an extended family decision like her Uncles and other relatives. I don't understand. I love my girl and she loves me. She's from Orlu, Imo State. I need your advice. Thanks

Wetin you dey find for Imo girls?
immediately i read the 5 million, i knew that it must be associated with IMO
I said it before and i will say it again.

RUN AWAY FROM IMO GIRLS, THEY ARE ASSOCIATED WITH MANY DISADVANTAGES

(1)Their bride price (or will i say SELLING PRICE) are usually TOO COSTLY. Na sell them dey sell their girls
(2) Their girls too dey tear eyes. They will always like to dorminate you.
(3) If your girlfriend eventually die without you marrying her legitimately, you will perform the bride price of the dead normally without any item excluded.
(4) Their girls are always too demanding and money concious
I RATHER REMAIN A BACHELOR THAN MARRYING AN IMO GIRL!

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Anazp: 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
kcreal: Why do I have the feeling that Kzinne is the same person as the OP.

@op you know you lied, bride price is not high in Imo State but the traditional requirements which is not up to 500k.
just lets say you want the op to come marry you instead. stop blackmailing. haha
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Anazp: 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
kcreal: Why do I have the feeling that Kzinne is the same person as the OP.

dont say what you don't know. This is a very serious matter. Thanks
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Chilpg(m): 6:51pm On Apr 16, 2013
This is wickedness of the highest oda, are they selling their daughter or wat? that can only happen in Igbo land.......imo state for dat mater. bros pick ur shoes and take to ur heel
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2013
Maybe the parents do not want you to marry the daughter and they're letting you know through an indirect means. I don't understand how the parents can just ask for N5 million, it's not done anywhere in Igbo land. Even 2 million is breaking the bank.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by kcreal(f): 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
Anazp: just lets say you want the op to come marry you instead. stop blackmailing. haha

Lol. Na another man's wife you wan marry? don't worry, na your woman you go still marry, jeje complete the remaining 3M, you pass m.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Kingso23: 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2013
fa fa fa faaaaa foul.......impossible even if doe i have money making machine in my house i aint gonna pay dy exorbitant nd outragous prize 4 wetin na......>: >: >:
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by beordune(m): 7:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
Nonsense....How much dem pay when their own sons dey marry from other tribe.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Kingso23: 7:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
fa fa fa faaaaa foul.......impossible even if doe i have money making machine in my house i aint gonna pay dy exorbitant nd outragous prize 4 wetin na......>: >: >:[color=#990000]
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Angyee(f): 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2013
N5 million? When bride price in some places is N23? Pschewwww!
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by IkeNwanyiCalaba: 7:37pm On Apr 16, 2013
Sharraaaap! stop the decieve of people. I belief their is no way your inlaw will ask you to donate that amount for ordinary bride price. Igbo communities is cutting corner now trying to expropriate bride price downward, because of so many girl remening curroptibly unmarried. u better come with another bezarre information because this one i don't belief.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ladies, When Will You Learn That Already Made Men Will Never Respect You? / "I Can Actually Make Your Boyfriend Mine" - Nigerian Lady / Silifat Wura (Widow Of Oko Oloyun) Remarries 2 Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.