Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt (31715 Views)

Drunk Policeman Lying On The Ground In Ado-Ekiti (Pictured) / Boys Stripped Unclad For Stealing In Ogun State (Photo) / Randy: Married Lateef Nabbed For Impregnating Girl, 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by gunuvi(m): 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
There was pandemonium yesterday in Ado-Odo area of Ogun State as the palace of a monarch, the Olofin of Ado-Odo, Oba Lateef Adeniran Akanni, was razed by some aggrieved youths.

The monarch, Nigerian Compass learnt, had been having a running battle with some interest groups in the community, who allegedly did not want him despite a Supreme Court judgement validating his appointment three years ago.

According to sources, Oba Akanni was hospitalised following the severe beating he received from the rampaging youths.

The burnt palace has also been deserted as wives, children, family members and servants fled the area apparently for fear of being attacked again.

Trouble was said to have started for the traditional ruler when his Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) was flagged down by some people in the community.

In the process of attending to the people, the unsuspecting monarch was dragged out of his vehicle, beaten and stripped.

Though the incident may not be unconnected with the chieftaincy crisis in the town, another source attributed it to an alleged accident involving the monarch a few days ago.

Oba Akanni, according to the source, allegedly failed to visit a victim of the accident, a development which reportedly infuriated some community youths who plotted the attack.

The violence prompted the state Police Commissioner, Ikemefuna Okoye, and the state Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Chief Muyiwa Oladipo, to visit the area and douse tension.

Confirming the incident in a telephone interview yesterday, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Muyiwa Adejobi, said normalcy had been restored to the community.

Adejobi, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), however, said he was unaware of the alleged stripping of the monarch.

“I know some people went to the palace and attacked the Oba of Ado-Odo but normalcy has been restored to the town. The Commissioner of Police has been there and we are going to ensure that the needful is done to bring all those involved in the act to book,” he added.

Also yesterday, the Ogun State government appealed to the people of Ado-Odo community to shun violence and maintain peace in order to promote socio-economic development of the state.

Speaking through the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Chief Muyiwa Oladipo, the government described the attack on the monarch as “sheer lawlessness.”

Oladipo said there were ways the people could adopt to show their displeasure over the installation of the monarch that was reinstalled by the Supreme Court of the land rather than resorting to burning of houses, beating people and harassing the monarch.

While assuring the people of the state government’s readiness to find a lasting solution to the chieftaincy crisis, the commissioner said a panel of inquiry would be set up to look into the remote and immediate causes of the attack.

He called on all the sons and daughters of the community to come and tender relevant information that could be of assistance in resolving the crisis.

http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php/component/content/article/35-headlines/12358-ogun-monarch-beaten-stripped-palace-burnt

1 Like

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by gunuvi(m): 11:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
Pics are not uploading

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by rfams: 12:04am On Apr 16, 2013
No comment nw, wil b back later.
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Royalty1(m): 12:36am On Apr 16, 2013
Are u serious?
This cant be real.

1 Like

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:13am On Apr 16, 2013
As in they gave the King a real beating.
People no dey fear 'Ori Ade' again.
gunuvi: Pics are not uploading
maybe awon irúnmolè (the deities) are not happy with this thread.
Sweetapple007: If leaders re punished by the masses when they fail, our country would hav been better.
lynpetra: cheesy cheesy.if only we can extend such courtesy to our erring leaders.. > grin
I agree. We v been failed by our leaders over & over. In Nigeria, peaceful protests are not yielding result.

8 Likes

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by gunuvi(m): 2:02am On Apr 16, 2013
Royalty1: Are u serious?
This cant be real.
It was like a film, I was very surprised. I pray the King survive cos I learnt they used charms too to beat him. It is sad.
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by skfa1: 2:34am On Apr 16, 2013
O boy!
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 16, 2013
cheesy cheesy.if only we can extend such courtesy to our erring leaders.. > grin

15 Likes

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by goldfish80(m): 7:14am On Apr 16, 2013
When an elder sits on a stool too long, its only α matter of time before flies will chase him away.

boys are not smilling grin
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 16, 2013
HE GOT DE-CROWNED WITH THE FIST OF FURY cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 16, 2013
lol! way to go naija, we don suffer no be small, next is state govt houses and finally aso rock.. time to take our own destiny in our hands. hahaaha!!!

8 Likes

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by kubumilano(m): 7:23am On Apr 16, 2013
The king must have done sometin,dat brought d wrath of the youths,dis boys wan kill u nii

2 Likes

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by imperiouxx(m): 7:23am On Apr 16, 2013
It's the prophecy of idiom which says "uneasy lies the head that wears a crown" and "the rich also cry". That is Oba can be beaten and he weeps like ordinary man in grief. Shikena!
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Caracta(f): 7:24am On Apr 16, 2013
Oh my goodness! This is someone's father/ husband.

What's with violence and "beating up" elders? Is there a difference between this and ALUU? When will this end? When?

No respect for human life. There are better ways to handle things.

6 Likes

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Temismith(f): 7:25am On Apr 16, 2013
Yeeeekpa! Dis is groooooos o!
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 16, 2013
I THINK I HAVE A FEW SCRIPTURES FOR HIM
JOB 19 VS 9 He has stripped me of my honor and removed the crown from my head cheesy

1 Like

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Ichel: 7:25am On Apr 16, 2013
Speechless
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 16, 2013
This one no be Oba, this one na Baale lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Temismith(f): 7:26am On Apr 16, 2013
I dont beliv dis! Need to c som pix as an evidence! undecided
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Sweetapple007(f): 7:27am On Apr 16, 2013
If leaders re punished by the masses when they fail, our country would hav been better.

3 Likes

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by WinkWrld: 7:31am On Apr 16, 2013
Same way GEJ should be tampered with grin grin grin for boko and subsidy issue grin

1 Like

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 16, 2013
LOL he must have done things to anger the youths. Finish him!!! Hahahaha
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 16, 2013
This people that beat up their leader in this manner are heartless. Why not stage a peaceful protest rather than to disgrace a tradtional ruler? No respect for African culture again in this era,I guess

2 Likes

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by ichommy(m): 7:33am On Apr 16, 2013
Gbogbo beating
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Delaw8: 7:35am On Apr 16, 2013
No one can try this shit to the oba of benin. ukuakpolokpolo
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Culbobby(m): 7:35am On Apr 16, 2013
Such could only happen to a 5th class oba..won o bi iya won da to try that with obas like ooni of ife or iku baba yeye 'alaafin of oyo' alasekeji orisa,oba iku,oba arun... It's said that if the alaafin blinks his eyes twice @ you...you're a goner.

3 Likes

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Image123(m): 7:35am On Apr 16, 2013
This is so wrong and a disgrace to the community and the perpetrators themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by tyson99(m): 7:35am On Apr 16, 2013
Too bad!
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by ooofreezy(m): 7:37am On Apr 16, 2013
This must be some serious shit hole!
Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Slickest(m): 7:37am On Apr 16, 2013
Lwtmb grin grin......I tot dey call him kabiosi(in english,no one is worthy of questioning him).....omo dey no only question dey finish I'm timaya lyk say na tif....kai a monach...only God the supreme is kabiosi

3 Likes

Re: Olofin Lateef Adeniran Akanni Of Ado-Odo Beaten, Stripped, & Palace Burnt by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 16, 2013
De_law: No one can try this shit to the oba of benin. ukuakpolokpolo
UKUAKPOLOKPOLO WOULD BE STRUNG UP BY HIS HAIRY SCRO-TUM AND AINT NOBODY GONE DO A GADDEM THANG grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Releases Statement Over Woman Who Accused Husband Of Being A Ritualist / Nigerian Police Starts #SupportSARS Campaign, See Reason / Police Arrest Three Highway Robbers In Ogun (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.