Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery (16339 Views)

I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari / Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban / I Was One Of The Reasons Why US Barred Nigeria From DV Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by felphenix: 11:20am On Apr 16, 2013
A new agriculture visa program would bring farm workers to the U.S., and farm workers already here illegally would get a faster path to citizenship than others, able to seek a green card in five years, an effort to create a stable agricultural workforce.

The above sounds so strange and dates back to things we really don't want to remember (Modern Slavery as CNN would call it) I might be wrong!
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by calcal: 11:22am On Apr 16, 2013
they promised to give your profs visa but i wonder where they gonna get the job when lots of graduates defaulting on there student loan, maybe farm work anyway.
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by yuzedo: 11:29am On Apr 16, 2013
Where is SimonAndal? I always knew he was right. I see a correlation between this plan and obama micro chop embedded in sexy seun pant. Yes, Musiwa satellite map confirms these fears. Say no to sexy seun and embrace crystal ball of endtime cacophony! grin grin angry angry
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by ladman(m): 11:34am On Apr 16, 2013
Eko Atlantic: Gonna be an interesting thread, son bring my kulikuli from the dining table.
hope there is garri and an extra spoon o.

1 Like

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Cruzgee: 11:40am On Apr 16, 2013
I guess they are putting the law in place to stop the population of black people in America because of its effect on the last presidential election. They actually discovered that Obama won due to the large number of blacks that voted for him, otherwise he would have lost big time. You can see racism at work and we say America is a country for all? Lailai!

1 Like

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by ladman(m): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2013
eggheaders:

foolglobe you wanna join the fray shey.who the fucck are you to monitor who I choose to fratnize with on this forum.hey dumbskull craw back to the cave where you come from.bring up the e-fight.am gonna whip y'all nitwit like Barcelona playing super falcons.I will recommend a nice therapy for y'all nitwits get your dirty a55 to third mainland bridge and go practice back flips.sh.itty head dingbats.in your dreams is where you are royal.maybe paramount ruler of bononos sha.
KILODE!
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by funnyx(m): 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
The USA immigration reforms is long overdue, the current system is obsolete for the modern world. As for the DV lottery I think is one of the most ridiculous immigration route, immigration should be based on merit and not on lottery.

2 Likes

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by miqos02(m): 1:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
overhyped:
Personally, I feel countries with historically low immigration rates to the United States come out as losers in the proposed immigration reform bill. I also feel that the black caucus in the US congress has betrayed their brothers across the Atlantic.
they were not elected because of their brothers across the atlantic
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Fhemmmy: 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2013
dahonestboss: Who cares? but in the other hand, this is a good move. But I prefer Enugu to New york any day, anytime.

Economically wise, its a good initiative that will attract the best brain to their country.

Visa lottery is based on pure luck, and US should adopt the canadian immigration style just like Canada and Australia.

Beautifully said, that there are 2 sides to the moves, the good and the smart ones should be rejoicing while some companies in the USA too would enjoy from this . . . But no matter what, some would lose out on it.
But at the end of it all, we wish all involved the best
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Fhemmmy: 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2013
felphenix: A new agriculture visa program would bring farm workers to the U.S., and farm workers already here illegally would get a faster path to citizenship than others, able to seek a green card in five years, an effort to create a stable agricultural workforce.

The above sounds so strange and dates back to things we really don't want to remember (Modern Slavery as CNN would call it) I might be wrong!

These are not needed for modern day slavery to continue, Africans are lining up in the scotching sun to be enslaved in the USA, and some other developed world . . tongue
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
Now American needs farmers and our Blacks in yankee are gonna be engaged for the price of green card.

At this stage, I can not even differentiate if staying back in Nigeria is better than USA.
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by IkeNwanyiCalaba: 2:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
Imigration america for what? I likes it here in nigeria. what are they thinking they are? mens and womens doesn't know that there is money in nigeria. The other day i told my cousin who have get visa to europe not to travel but the idiots think im jealosing him. I told him no, i doesn't have jealosy but he disobey and travel. Now what is the consequnces, always beg money from his parents for survive. Nigeria is good peoples!

2 Likes

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2013
IkeNwanyiCalaba: Imigration america for what? I likes it here in nigeria. what are they thinking they are? mens and womens doesn't know that there is money in nigeria. The other day i told my cousin who have get visa to europe not to travel but the idiots think im jealosing him. I told him no, i doesn't have jealosy but he disobey and travel. Now what is the consequnces, always beg money from his parents for survive. Nigeria is good peoples!

But it is not always about money, how about peace of mind, security and the simple things of life?

1 Like

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by dasparrow: 3:05pm On Apr 16, 2013
IkeNwanyiCalaba: Imigration america for what? I likes it here in nigeria. what are they thinking they are? mens and womens doesn't know that there is money in nigeria. The other day i told my cousin who have get visa to europe not to travel but the idiots think im jealosing him. I told him no, i doesn't have jealosy but he disobey and travel. Now what is the consequnces, always beg money from his parents for survive. Nigeria is good peoples!

English at its best or should I say worse, lol

@Post

Who cares? Those of us who have lived in America for years know that the country is not what it is cracked up to be. Ever since the economic recession, Americans have been loosing their homes, their cars and what not. The American system is set up in a way to keep its residents/citizens enslaved in perpetual debt. Everything in America is gbese (debt). Then when you now add bigotry/intense discrimination to the mix, you will know that the USA is not exactly the most conducive country to live in.

Then let's not get started on the constant shooting sprees, weather related disasters (think hurricane, tornadoes, etc) and a major decline in well paying jobs and you begin to wonder if you are in an advanced country after all. We Africans should invest in Africa because whether we believe it or not, one day Africa will rise.

2 Likes

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by biolabee(m): 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
dasparrow:

@Post

Who cares? Those of us who have lived in America for years know that the country is not what it is cracked up to be. Ever since the economic recession, Americans have been loosing their homes, their cars and what not. The American system is set up in a way to keep its residents/citizens enslaved in perpetual debt. Everything in America is gbese (debt). Then when you now add bigotry/intense discrimination to the mix, you will know that the USA is not exactly the most conducive country to live in.

Then let's not get started on the constant shooting sprees, weather related disasters (think hurricane, tornadoes, etc) and a major decline in well paying jobs and you begin to wonder if you are in an advanced country after all. We Africans should invest in Africa because whether we believe it or not, one day Africa will rise.

Ehennn.. From dasparrow?!

The great hater of Nigeria and all things Nigerian...

Wonders shall never cease
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by obamaobama: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
dasparrow:

@Post

yes nigeria will rise in the mid of kidnapping,boko haram,armrubbers.assasination,poverty,bad health care,bad road,lack of electricity,unemployment,bad leadership etc.oya cary ur bag and come back to nigeria abi what ar u waiting 4

1 Like

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Fhemmmy: 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2013
obamaobama: yes nigeria will rise in the mid of kidnapping,boko haram,armrubbers.assasination,poverty,bad health care,bad road,lack of electricity,unemployment,bad leadership etc.

How i wish we could hank on this kinda anger and do something, cos the day we are aware that we have a problem ought to be the of solving it.
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by hollypagan: 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
i love China more than America
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Gbenge77(m): 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
Burger01: Who cares undecided

Why would I want to immigrate to where I wont enjoy national freedom and disaster free environment. Hurricane this Hurricane that, psycho killer went on killing spree, bomb explosions at Boston Marathon, 50 shot dead downtown Miami.. Abeg, naija sweet no be small. I am okay with two weeks hols twice a year in Massachusetts.. Please keep your DV-Lottery, I nor need am. Lagos-Island ni gbogbo faaji wa.

sad
So Nigeria is more secure?Kidnapping,,Boko Haram Scourge,Fatal robberies........

1 Like

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Fhemmmy: 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
Gbenge 77: So Nigeria is more secure?Kidnapping,,Boko Haram Scourge,Fatal robberies........

You forgot to mention the lack of common sense important amenities . .. tongue
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Mesico2(m): 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
Life goes on and on and on. Though many dreams are dying already.
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by ayobase(m): 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hide posts, they will not hide.
Ban people, they will not ban!

They just like doing the wrong thing at the right time and vice versa.....the thread has been abused...clean it up!

SMH!
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by ayobase(m): 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
Gbenge 77: So Nigeria is more secure?......

Between US and Nigeria?
Nigeria is MORE secure of course!

How many natural disaster have you experienced here, besides the Ikeja Cantonment Drama!
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
ayobase:

Between US and Nigeria?
Nigeria is MORE secure of course!

How many natural disaster have you experienced here, besides the Ikeja Cantonment Drama!

shocked embarassed cry
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by ayobase(m): 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
felphenix: A new agriculture visa program would bring farm workers to the U.S., and farm workers already here illegally would get a faster path to citizenship than others, able to seek a green card in five years, an effort to create a stable agricultural workforce.

Let's forget about this MODERN slavery of a thing....its everywhere. Even in Nigeria, we have!

Nobody forces anybody, its just an opportunity to get paid for what you are good at provided you are okay by the terms and conditions!

Its not like its hard labour. Even Nigerians subject Nigerians to hard labour, with a meagre salary, or nothing at all!

US is trying to reduce our rate of employment biko!

KUDOS.....it simply means our Government na OMO-ALE.....wetin we suppose chop here, we dey carry am go outside!
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by biolabee(m): 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2013
so if i convert to a farmer i will get green card
what if i am a fish farmer

Operation Feed Green Card Nation carry goooo
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
[size=18pt]God has answered my prayers [/size]
When does it start
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Rastamann: 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2013
Billyonaire: Who cares anyway, I prefer Owerri to New York.

I just like this guy, always air his views without any trepidation wink Big ups to you Bro, truly you are a Niger Deltan cool

Give the guy free ticket to New York and see whether he will not jump at it!

2 Likes

Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by barman: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2013
Wat abt Mother nd Son sponsorship nd Husband nd wife sponsorship are they eliminated as well?
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2013
Rastamann:

Give the guy free ticket to New York and see whether he will not jump at it!

Ha ha ha ha . . . The Oga at the Top himself . . .
Re: Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery by xtayle(m): 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2013
Whatever America does is meant to favour Americans. Nigeria however refuse to do anything meant to favour Nigerians but some political gladiators starting from d 1999 constitution.

I may not relocate out of Nigeria but I don't blame those who do. When you have lost hope concerning something what do u do? You try an alternative. I know a lot of people who their lives have been transformed tremendously by d DV program. Am talking about people who have been written off.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Taofeek Arapaja Emerges South-West PDP Zonal Chairman / Femi Adesina: Nigerians Will Praise Buhari At The End Of His Tenure / Bomb Blast At Area 10 In Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.