Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. (1449 Views)

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / See What My Dad Found In His Food / Her Parents Refused My Marriage Proposal And She Is Already Pregnant For Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by ladman(m): 12:15pm On Apr 16, 2013
Am I ok? I just said 'no Dad, I don't want to travel abroad.' do you think I did well. Yes, some of my friends think I just lost a good opportunity but I think otherwise. I love Naija and believe I will succeed in my country. What do you think?
Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by fuckluv(f): 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
U r 100% sane. What's more undecided
Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by biolabee(m): 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2013
ladman: Am I ok? I just said 'no Dad, I don't want to travel abroad.' do you think I did well. Yes, some of my friends think I just lost a good opportunity but I think otherwise. I love Naija and believe I will succeed in my country. What do you think?

What exactly did he want you to do abroad
Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by ladman(m): 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
U knw, the normal thing, get further education, start your life and have a secured future. He thinks there is no way forward in Nigeria because the government is clueless about the future.
Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by ladman(m): 3:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
fuckluv: U r 100% sane. What's more undecided

many Nigerians seem to have this american dream, to grab a green card, and automatically, start living fine
Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by biolabee(m): 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2013
ladman: U knw, the normal thing, get further education, start your life and have a secured future. He thinks there is no way forward in Nigeria because the government is clueless about the future.

Going to further is a good thing which if it's inline with your aspiration you can do for and still come back to naija
It's your call
Hope you are not staying back on some desire to prove a point
Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by ladman(m): 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2013
biolabee:

Going to further is a good thing which if it's inline with your aspiration you can do for and still come back to naija
It's your call
Hope you are not staying back on some desire to prove a point

on the contrary, am nt trying to prove any point, I av never really felt the urge to 'travel go yankee' and everyone tend to think it is weird. I just believe I will make it here
Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by butta(m): 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
@op ur Dad is fabulously rite about the government of dis country clueless on what to do about dis country. Your dad wants d best for you I think u made a wrong decision by refusing to go study abroad . Think carefully and reverse ur decision

2 Likes

Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by biolabee(m): 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
ladman:

on the contrary, am nt trying to prove any point, I av never really felt the urge to 'travel go yankee' and everyone tend to think it is weird. I just believe I will make it here

Then as they say KNOW THYSELF AND BE TRUE

If it is your desire to study abroad and get some certifications abroad go for it

You can still come home after studying

A friend of mine is going for an MBA and he intends to come back
Others stay and do online masters

Just make your decisions and accept to live by the consequences
Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by ladman(m): 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2013
biolabee:

Then as they say KNOW THYSELF AND BE TRUE

If it is your desire to study abroad and get some certifications abroad go for it

You can still come home after studying

A friend of mine is going for an MBA and he intends to come back
Others stay and do online masters

Just make your decisions and accept to live by the consequences

Thanks.
Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
I felt the same way back then too, my sister did too. But thank God the parents didn't even answer us. I'd advice you reconsider now that you have a chance to explore and broaden your horizons.
Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by eforce01: 3:41am On Apr 17, 2013
The first thing in life is for a youth to discover himself and what he wants to do in life, then know what and what would align to that vision. Travelling out does not work for everyone and most people. it is your destiny and vision and the direction you take that makes the way. Don't be hasty to jump into anything and i am glad you are not. Read this post on finding direction in life with biblical illustrations.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/01/direction.html
Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by stefanlover: 7:55am On Apr 17, 2013
As long as you are getting good education back there and you are living a happy life nothing abroad my brother.

It ain't what is crack up to be. International students have it tougher. I have a lot of them as friends trust me it ain't easy.

If you are happy back home, stay there!
Re: I Refused My Dad's Proposal To Send Me Abroad. by ladman(m): 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
I'm happy here. I feel good and I do not care abt wat people say, Naija is the best place for me.

(1) (Reply)

Thread For People With Bad Tempers And Anger Issues! / Dad Rapes Daughter To The Point Of Death / Photos: How Many Husbands/Men Can Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.