Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

20 Year-old Nigerian Becomes The Youngest Commercial Pilot In Nigeria & S.A. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 20 Year-old Nigerian Becomes The Youngest Commercial Pilot In Nigeria & S.A. (2636 Views)

Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 / 20 Things 20-year-olds Dont Get / The Problem With Nigeria`s Banking Sector? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Year-old Nigerian Becomes The Youngest Commercial Pilot In Nigeria & S.A. by deolascope: 1:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
Exceptional feats like this are definitely worth celebrating!

A 20-year-old Nigerian, Favour Odozor, has emerged the youngest pilot to obtain a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) in both Nigeria and South Africa. The bright young man graduated alongside 15 other trained pilots at the Afrika Union Aviation Academy (AUAA), Mafikeng, South Africa on Saturday.

While speaking about Odozor's achievement, Capt. Allan Roebuck, Director of AUAA, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Johannesburg that he completed all the 37 flying procedures in record time. "The academy is proud of this young Nigerian, with the award of licence and certificate to him. I cannot say now if he is the youngest African to attain that record, but I’m sure he is the youngest in South Africa and Nigeria."

On his part, Mr. Odozor said he had always dreamt of becoming a pilot. “Flying a plane has been my childhood dream, and I am happy today that I’m a licensed commercial pilot at the age of 20. “I never expected myself to be the youngest Nigerian to get the commercial pilot licence, not to talk about in an advanced country like South Africa. I was just pursuing my childhood dream of being a pilot. “But I thank God that I have now made history, as a record licensed commercial pilot in both Nigeria and South Africa,’’ he said.

Mr. Odozor has equalled the record set by Ed Gardner, a Briton, who obtained his commercial pilot licence at the age of 20 in 2008.

http://greenbiroblog..com/2013/04/20-year-old-nigerian-favour-odozor.html

Re: 20 Year-old Nigerian Becomes The Youngest Commercial Pilot In Nigeria & S.A. by fuckluv(f): 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
Great achievement. Thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: 20 Year-old Nigerian Becomes The Youngest Commercial Pilot In Nigeria & S.A. by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 17, 2013
CRYSTAL SKIN JOB! SEXY SEUN IS AN IMPORTANT DWEEB BEHIND ILLUMATI.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The CFA [Chartered Financial Analyst] Program? / Cis Result Is Out / NYSC Salary Scale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.