Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars (35135 Views)

Some World Billionaires, Celebrities Living A Humble Life With Simple Cars. / 20 Celebrities Who Drive Their Partners Crazy By Snoring / Battles Of The Billionaires!!who Is Prettier? Adenuga Or Da Ngote's Daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2013
Believe it or not, there are still quite a lot of humble billionaires out there. Here are the top ten billionaires who actually drive inexpensive cars.

Phil Knight

Philip Hanson Knight or better known as Phil Knight was born on February 24, 1938 and is a philanthropist and a business magnate. He is the chairman and co-founder of Nike, Inc and has served as the CEO of the company. In 2011, Knight has an estimated net worth of $14.4 billion and claimed the 47th position in the list of world’s richest people. He is a humble billionaire and has already donated hundreds of million of dollars to different schools. Despite his billion net worth, he owns an Audi R8 costing only $120,000.

Michael Bloomberg

Michael Rubens Bloomberg is a financial data mogul and the 108th mayor of New York. He was born in 1942, began his career and built a securities brokerage company in 1981. He served as one of the chairman of the board at Johns Hopkins University from 1996 to 2002. He has a net worth of $27 billion and has been known as the 7th-richest person in the United States. He was pushed to run as an independent candidate for the US presidential elections but chose not to seek presidency and decided to give his time and serve New York instead. Mayor Bloomberg drives and Audi R8 worth $120,000 that goes from 0 to 60 mph in approximately 3.2 seconds.

Michael Dell

Michael Dell is an author, philanthropist, and a business magnate. He is known to be the CEO and founder of Dell Inc., which is one of the leading personal computers sellers in the world. Dell has 243 million shares of stocks in the company that is worth $3.5 billion, which represents 12% of the company. He has other assets worth approximately $10 billion and had it invested in other companies. He then made a bid to make the company private for $24.4 billion. An with all his assets, he chose to drive an edgy 2004 Porsche Boxter with a price tag of only $80,000.

Warren Buffet

Although he is often accuse of being a miser, Warren Buffet still holds the third spot in the list of world’s richest people. He is the CEO, chairman, and the primary shareholder of Berkshire Hathaway. Buffet is coined as the “Wizard of Omaha” because of his frugality and his adherence to the value investing philosophy. Buffet donates some of Berkshire’s profits to several charity organizations. He drives a Cadillac DTS but don’t be intimidated with the car brand; it costs only $45,000.

Francois-Henri Pinault

Francois-Henri Pinault was born in 1962 and is a renowned French businessman. He is also the CEO of PPR. He started as the company’s manager in 1988 and was appointed CEO in 1993 after being the CompagnieFrançaise de l’AfriqueOccidentale or CFAO for three years. In 1997, he became the CEO of Fnac. His love for computers led him to develop the company’s Internet activities in the 1990s. On top of it, he also happens to be married to the lovely Salma Hayek. This super rich clothier drives a Lexus SUV worth only $40,000.

Laurene Powell Jobs

Born in 1963, Laurene Powell Jobs is the wife of the late Steve Jobs. She is an American business executive and is the co-founder and President of the Board of College Track. She also became a co-founder and the CEO of Apple Inc. Not everybody knows that she controls the $3.9 billion worth of stake in the Steven P. Jobs Trust in the Walt Disney Company. She drives a silver Audi A5 with the price of approximately $40,000.

Alice Walton

Alice Walton is the one and only heiress of the Wal-Mart fortune. She also owns the second spot in the list of the world’s richest women. Walton did have her own fair share of extravagant living as she owned a lot of Porsches over the past years. But because of an incident where she accidently ran over a woman, she decided to stay away from those luxurious cars. She now uses a 2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch, which costs only $40,000.

Mark Zuckerberg

Who wouldn’t know Facebook’s CEO and founder, right? Mark Zuckerberg is one of the youngest billionaires in the planet. But he definitely does not want to show the world all his wealth, as seen in the car that he chooses to drive. In fact, he is the youngest billionaire in the list who owns a very inexpensive car – an Acura TSX that costs only $30,000.

Steve Ballmer

Steve Ballmer, born in 1956, is considered one of the wealthiest men in the world. He is an American businessman and is currently Microsoft’s CEO. As of 2012, his net worth was estimated to be approximately $15.7 billion, landing him on the 19th spot on the Forbes 400. As humble as he is, he decided to go for a fairly modest automobile, driving a Ford’s Hybrid Fusion that retails for about $19,000.

Ingvar Kamprad

Ingvar Kamprad is the founder of Ikea and has a net worth of at least $28 billion. Other billionaires may have chosen cheap cars and can be deemed as humble, well-grounded people. But if being thrifty is concerned, nothing beats Kampard as he chose to drive a humble Volvo 240, which only costs $1500. Aside from that, he prefers to take the bus from time to time.

http://www.therichest.org/nation/the-top-10-billionaires-who-drive-the-cheapest-cars/

4 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by goldfish80(m): 1:23am On Apr 17, 2013
Op,if ure not going to post the story here,then ure on α very looong thing!
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 17, 2013
Very very looooong tin
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 17, 2013
goldfish80: Op,if ure not going to post the story here,then ure on α very looong thing!

Am going there tongue.

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by badassnigga(m): 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
post d damn list ...ain't got no tym to follow that link lipsrsealed
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
Smh. How can they be blessed with so much and yet fail to enjoy the abundance God endowed them with? They should take lessons on how to "live in the richness and fullness of Christ's blessings" from Nigerian billionaires pastors such as Ole-depo and Adeb-ole.

26 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by badassnigga(m): 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
pro01: Smh. How can they be blessed with so much and yet fail to enjoy the abundance God endowed them with? They should take lessons on how to "live in the richness and fullness of Christ's blessings" from Nigerian billionaires pastors such as Ole-depo and Adeb-ole.

gringringrin
religion is d opium of d masses.
d kingdom is for higher bidder.
salvation is not free bro

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by adexsimply(m): 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2013
knew warren buffet would make the list..

but that ingvar kampard own na war o

9 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2013
One man;s meat is another man's cockroaches
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
Dat one concern em.. I need my private jet because I own a multinational religious organization..

6 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
How does this affect the nuclear war threat by N.Korea?
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by babseg(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
stingy people. may be they hv a trace of ijebu blood. If na me i go enjoy myself wella

3 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by GraceBestowed(f): 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
I'm impressed, to be honest; if I can afford a beautiful car, I will get it, regardless of the price.

It doesn't mean that they don't want to spend any more money on a nicer car, because they're being miserly, it just means that they prefer modest possessions even though they can afford more luxurious ones.

5 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by tellwisdom: 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
You dey kiyaze for your head--1 to 7th car, na em you call cheap?? angry

4 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by alaladakosta(f): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
booked.

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Fhemmmy: 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
babseg: stingy people. may be they hv a trace of ijebu blood. If na me i go enjoy myself wella

Lol . . . Cos there are some other things they spend money on that you will see as a waste, we all have what we waste money on.

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by coogar: 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
pro01: Smh. How can they be blessed with so much and yet fail to enjoy the abundance God endowed them with? They should take lessons on how to "live in the richness and fullness of Christ's blessings" from Nigerian billionaires pastors such as Ole-depo and Adeb-ole.

the orientation is different abroad.....
if these billionaires are nigerians, they would also behave like the adeboyes or the oyedepos. there must be something in our water that spikes our showmanship. i remember seeing a picture of saraki's wife holding about 8 phones(5 different versions of blackberry phones and 3 different iphone versions).

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
Jose mujica, Uruguay president still drive d cheapest car on earth. He gives 90% of his money to charity

12 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Super1759: 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
Cars are never assets...billionares like me grin don't see any big deal driving costly cars, waste of my wad,I rather dash them to less privilege, and live a simple life as a billygrin

3 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by sunnshyn(f): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2013

May God have mercy on us all, amen!

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by ijawkid(m): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
not even a L.G councillor in Nigeria would be willing to imitate these guys....

4 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Fhemmmy: 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
Super1759: Cars are never assets...billionares like me grin don't see any big deal driving costly cars, waste or my wad,I rather dash them to less privilege, and live a simple life

Very true . . . Nothing beats a simple life with humility

8 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by neksummi(m): 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
Good for them. We're on our way. This is how we're doing it in a small way:

https://www.nairaland.com/1142592/lets-team-up-ensure-all

We shall get there!
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by viyon02: 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
Great lesson
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
Na song I go carry dis pple sing,nd it goes like this........
coola lowo ma jaye eyin le mon,awon to laye lana da, won ti ku won ti lo
cool

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by donez(m): 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
We entered ds world unclad, and unclad shal we leave. Some private jet owners fail 2 undastnd

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by ayswags2: 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
lol
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by babseg(m): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2013
smothly: Na song I go carry dis pple sing,nd it goes like this........
coola lowo ma jaye eyin le mon,awon to laye lana da, won ti ku won ti lo
cool

abio my sister thats what im saying.
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by bjjbam: 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
I can still relate to those ones that drive cars worth $120000 but that Kamprad guy drives a volvo with a worth of $1500 seriously? That is what I call humility of d highest order. Many naija babes wouldn't join him in that car for a ride.

6 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by IlCapitano(m): 4:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
Super1759: billionares like me gringrin
bloody gari drinker. I guess your wealth is measured in cups of gari. Mschew.

4 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by ab1x: 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
How can $120,000 (19M naira) be a cheap car ? #Justwondering#

4 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by timbs001(m): 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
bjjbam: I can still relate to those ones that drive cars worth $120000 but that Kamprad guy drives a volvo with a worth of $1500 seriously? That is what I call humility of d highest order. Many naija babes wouldn't join him in that car for a ride.
Humility I Think it's more like ignorance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Angry With Tekno And Ciara’s Rip Off Of Her Song ‘Before Nko’ / Seyi Law And Daughter, Tiwaloluwa, Cover Media Room Hub Magazine / Rita Dominic's Outfit To Toolz Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.