Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank (31647 Views)

Salary Loan / Salary Loan / I Need A Loan From Micro-Finance Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by Fesco: 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Please I have heard of some employees who obtain loans from banks and get debited at the end of the month over a period of time. I would like bankers in the House to kindly educate me more as I intend to apply.

Thanks for your anticipated useful response.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by gboso: 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
Fesco: Please I have heard of some employees who obtain loans from banks and get debited at the end of the month over a period of time. I would like bankers in the House to kindly educate me more as I intend to apply.

It depends where you are working cos banks have list of companies they do that for their staff.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by Fesco: 10:13am On Apr 18, 2013
gboso:

It depends where you are working cos banks have list of companies they do that for their staff.
Thanks for your response Gboso> If I may ask, I have a salary account which has been in operation for like 10yrs now with constant monthly inflow from my firm (though we are a small outfit), cant I approach them for the said loan? Because I don't think my firm is listed by the bank.
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by Fesco: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2013
Fesco:
Thanks for your response Gboso> If I may ask, I have a salary account which has been in operation for like 10yrs now with constant monthly inflow from my firm (though we are a small outfit), cant I approach them for the said loan? Because I don't think my firm is listed by the bank.

Bankers, please advise me further on the above.
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by integrityfood: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2013
from experience bros, banks are not interested in customers from small companies. if you are working in Govt office like ministries, big companies with over 50 workers like nigeria breweries, nigeria bottling co, Nestle plc etc. even the small finance house wants to see you earn above 100k montly. just try God by prayer n faith, that works better though it might take time but its sure its working for me. nigeria is so hard to survive even with my C of O, its hard to secure funding.
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by feelamong(m): 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
Fesco:

I really dont understand why people do not know that they have more power than the banks. They need your money and you have to make the call.

If your coy is a small one that you have better chance of organisng your self and giving your salary account to only a abnk that is ready to give you guys a small loan when needed.. just carry the Human resources dept along as most bank would want to make sure that even if you resign , your entitlements would be enough to pay off the loans..

i run a small buz and i made sure that our bankers agreed to give my staff small loans as may be required before the salary account was opened for them.. BTW these are staff that earn as little as 50 - 70k.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by dammytosh: 12:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
Who do you bank with ?

No bank will give you salary loan without moving your salary account to them. You can print your statement of account over the past months and walk to another bank to make this enquiry.

A lot of banks will be glad to have you. Just walk in confidently and request to talk to their Head of operations as all those small fries (tellers and co) will discourage you with their attitude.
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by saintneo(m): 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2013
Fesco:
Walk into your bank, ask for the BM. Present your case for loan.........Enterprise or Consumer loan.
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by adigun65: 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2013
Just make sure you have a current account with the bank that your salary is been pay into and approach the bank dat you need a loan through your salary account, they will tell you the process cause your employer will play a vital role in the facility by writing a guarantee letter stating that u r der staff, ur salary will always be paid through d bank & in case of dem disengaging ur terminal benefit will paid through the bank
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by steffans(m): 12:35pm On Apr 19, 2013
First Bank Use to have a product called U-first.. i dnt knw if dey still have it..
since u have bin using d acct 4 upto 10 yrs den u are good 4 d loan...
dey will see hw constant ur salary comes in...
dey will come to ur office and ask if u have collected in house loans..
dey will ask for ur pay slip..
dey will calculate d ammount u can get..
depending on ur salary/wats on ur pay slip..

it all depends on ur bank...

Good Luck!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by laani: 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2013
Fesco: Please I have heard of some employees who obtain loans from banks and get debited at the end of the month over a period of time. I would like bankers in the House to kindly educate me more as I intend to apply.

Hi OP,

Kindly approach the bank where your salary is domiciled for the loan. Banks have list of employers they give salary advance/max advance....though the process can start from you to get your company on their list.

Note: you can move your salary to any bank that can give you what you deserve!

Try GTBank Plc.
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by bunchyproject(m): 12:41pm On Apr 19, 2013
I dunno sad
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by ramaju: 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
gboso:

Exactly and if you are working with FG, it will be easy. Go to your bank if it is not Microfinance where your salary is domicilled and apply for salary advance or temporal overdraft (TOD). Make sure your salary is domicilled there and make arrangement from the finance or accounting department of your place of work for your pay slip( six months)
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by adeshsam(m): 12:50pm On Apr 19, 2013
Bankers, please advice further regarding the topic, i;m interested.

Please, let here from you.
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by ajiifixing(m): 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2013
Walk into any stanbic ibtc bank.as long as you can move your salary to them, you loan is sure.
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2013
If u are a civil servant or u work with one of the bllue chip companies, u can approach Union Bank cos i know they give up to a million naira loan to people who fall into such category. all they require is: 1. u should operate an account with them
2. ur application letter
3. ur salary statement of account for 3 months
4. letter of introduction/undertaking from ur employer
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by shevon: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2013
Fesco:

Just apply for an OD (Over Draft) and they will give you a credit line of up to 50% (depending on your rapport with your bank/account officer) There shouldn't be much of a protocol to this.
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by shevon: 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2013
israel007:

Why can't this guy be banned! I'll personally report you

Simply click report to block it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by Ofuks(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2013
Fidelity Bank has a product for employees called FIDELITY SALARY ADVANCE SCHEME. Employees can obtain loans of up to 5 Million Naira with payment spread across 36 months. Obtaining this facility takes 24 - 48 hours max. However, only employees in the civil service and duly registered companies can access these loans with an introduction letter from their HR. Some of my pals are already funding projects with this facility. Visit any Fidelity bank branch for more info.
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by lekanwj(m): 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2013
You must be working in either a listed blue chips that the bank believes has good corporate governance or a government establishment.
The bank may not give such loans to employees of small companies for reasons such as: Key man risk; bad corporate governance that may exist and so on.
But you can try some micro finance bank, some sure do help.
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by shakara4u(m): 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2013
@ OP, if ur salary account is a current account and u can provide 2 guarantors givin us chqs and 6 month statement of their account,we could work out sumtin for u

if ur company is not a blue chip company then we expect ur guarantors to eida b bankers,wrk in a govt establishment.

@Steffans,they no more doin U-first

PS: our loan durations are 8 months tops,if that's cool with u
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by Fesco: 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2013
I want to thank everyone for your useful contributions to my enquiry. I have been with my firm for like 12yrs now. My office bank with Skye Bank and that compelled them to open staff salary account with them for easy funds transfer.
I can't be using a particular bank for 12yrs and not benefiting from them hence my decision to seek for advice here. |With what you guys have told me, it appears I have a greater chance of getting the loan. I will approach them God willing next month and will inform this Forum of the outcome.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by manie(m): 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2013
integrityfood: from experience bros, banks are not interested in customers from small companies. if you are working in Govt office like ministries, big companies with over 50 workers like nigeria breweries, nigeria bottling co, Nestle plc etc. even the small finance house wants to see you earn above 100k montly. just try God by prayer n faith, that works better though it might take time but its sure its working for me. nigeria is so hard to survive even with my C of O, its hard to secure funding.

Where is the property located? If your property is located in a good area and you have C of O to the property, you should be a able to get a loan.

If you have shares in blue chip companies, the shares will act as a very good collateral.
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by ukuba: 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2013
here is no how or why? talk to your bankers-if they turn u down, try another bank. there are hungry bankers who need that your salary paid into their bank
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by Bams95: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2013
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by lifestyle1(m): 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
I will advice you not to do this....

Here is my reason.

By April 2013 it will be exactly two years which my dad obtained a loan of 150,000k to pay for my tuition fee at NIIT, he got the loan through his current salary account with union bank. his salary was less than 30k embarassed

N9,300 is been deducted from his salary account Since April 2011 to April 2013 (N223,200K)

You must not default else you will be arrested and jailed. no mercy.... embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by kokoye(m): 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2013
onigbese

o fe fi gbese se big boy
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by kcddon: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2013
Instant cash loans and Point of Sale (POS) loans, Simple Savings

http://www.rencredit.com.ng
Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by olumide77: 2:48pm On Apr 19, 2013
Do u have urgent need for Cash to settle unexpected needs within 50k-500k?in paid employment or self employed? Within 22-55yrs?at Renaissance Credit you can get this Facility within 12hours. call Adebanjo on 08066462064 and your needs will be met asap. pls help broadcast . Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Obtain A Salary Loan From Bank by dulphines: 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
life_style: I will advice you not to do this....

Here is my reason.

By April 2013 it will be exactly two years which my dad obtained a loan of 150,000k to pay for my tuition fee at NIIT, he got the loan through his current salary account with union bank. his salary was less than 30k embarassed

N9,300 is been deducted from his salary account Since April 2011 to April 2013 (N223,200K)

You must not default else you will be arrested and jailed. no mercy.... embarassed

And i hope the NIIT trainings are yielding results?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria / Photos From The Explosion at CBN Office In Calabar / Phuthuma Nhleko Emerges MTN CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.