Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,399 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention (17724 Views)

Photos Of Police Unleashing Terror On Women In Imo Yeserday During Gej Visit / Daura Indigenes Wash Off GEJ's Visit With Water After Leaving Kastina / President GEJ Visit To Alaafin's Palace In Oyo Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
LAGOS: Do you think the President should postponed his visit tomorrow to make room for ACNs National Convention or should ACN call off their National Convention for the President's visit to avoid unbearable traffic situation in the
city of Lagos. Let's Talk!!!

The Action Congress of Nigeria has written to the Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, over the implication of President Goodluck Jonathan's planned visit to Lagos tomorrow, Thursday April 18, 2013.

The ACN, in a letter signed by it's National Publicity Secretary - Lai Mohammed, said it's National convention will also hold on the same day at Onikan stadium in Lagos.It complained that the visit of the President may lead to the closure of key roads in the city,therefore hindering its members coming from across the country to gain access to the venue of the convention.

The ACN however, urged Governor Fashola to use his good office to prevail on President Jonathan to reschedule his visit to Lagos, insisting that the attendant disruption of traffic may lead to frustration for Lagosians.
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
GEJ is the undisputed Oga at the top!!!
1st to comment again... Thank You Allah!!!

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
lasma station well O!
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by Kx: 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
Why dont the president fly helicopter to save commuters traffic wahala?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by alaladakosta(f): 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
brb
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by simongonner: 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
Gej is the oga at the top na..
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by ebamma(m): 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
when two parties fight, its always the masses that suffer
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by Monimatic(m): 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
LIAR Mohammed again.

ACN park well, how can you compel a governor to compel a president not to perform his official duties because of a convention that will be filled with thugs.

President Goodluck Jonathan, GCFR, is going to Commission Wempco Steel Mills Ltd located at KM 8, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

The coming to Lagos of the President has been planned in his itinerary since last year.

So why all the fear, noise and signature propaganda by the ACN and it's supporters, when they were fully aware ahead of time, that the president will be coming to Lagos for official duty.

What are they afraid of, since they claim, they are a viable opposition party and they are the ruling party in Lagos State and the South West, then they should go on with their convention without generating issues where they are no issues.
Why are they afraid of GOODLUCK JONATHAN's presence in Lagos?

We all know the president is incompetent and unreliable, but that doesn't mean the ACN and their cohorts should use their media propaganda to brainwash and create false hood regarding anything the President does.

To be a responsible opposition, that will bring change to this country, the ACN should be practise CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM and not DESTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

DISCLAIMER:
I am not a President Jonathan Supporter, neither i am a Tinubu Supporter or a Buhari Supporter, and i do not belong to any political party, the views expressed here,are my personal opinion, I SAY THINGS, THE WAY THINGS ARE, NO SENTIMENT OR POLITICAL UNDERTONE ATTACHED.

52 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by 32D: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
I though ACN was part of the APC merger .....am i missing something? i was expecting to hear something like APC convention

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by SouthernGuy(m): 5:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
GEJ go wan come Lagos and them go block road from VI to iyana-ipaja....y'all should keep enjoying the fresh air....abi I no yarn well ?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
No be small matter. D last time can bigwigs of CAN met at Onikan, it took us 3 hours to move frm Lekki phase 1 to VI. National convention of ACN alone will cause serious jam, then adding presidential visit.....hmmm. I won't get near Island 2moro.
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
elkol: GEJ is the undisputed Oga at the top!!!
1st to comment again... Thank You Allah!!!
is thier any gain, monetary or otherwise for bein the 1st to comment? Like serzly wtf
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by ninja4life(m): 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
Are dis d modafuckers i spent up to at least 4hrs to vote in d same people to cause me pain why did i have to waste my precious time to vote dis people dat did bot care about my wellbeing why why,why i'm i so stupid to fall for their tricks from today henceforth i promise not to vote any modafucker again whether APC or PDP to hell with them dey never affects me positively,but o'bou do my vote count i dont tink so may God of sango deal with all dis politrictians with fire and thunder.
I no want trafic o enough said

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by ninja4life(m): 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
Are dis d modafuckers i spent up to at least 4hrs to vote in d same people to cause me pain why did i have to waste my precious time to vote dis people dat did bot care about my wellbeing why why,why i'm i so stupid to fall for their tricks from today henceforth i promise not to vote any modafucker again whether APC or PDP to hell with them dey never affects me positively,but o'bou do my vote count i dont tink so may God of sango deal with all dis politrictians with fire and thunder d same way dey are treating we d masses.
I no want trafic o enough said
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by egat: 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
How does the the president visit affects your convention Mr chairman?
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by ifeomabernard(f): 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
Kx: Why dont the president fly helicopter to save commuters traffic wahala?

seconded naw i tire oh
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by kabba7(m): 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
A non issue !!!
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
Make ACN go beg Oga GEJ straight with bottles of champagne.
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by tolexb(m): 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
Oh God help us........
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by dammytosh: 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
Kx: Why dont the president fly helicopter to save commuters traffic wahala?

Helicopter is not safe for the president ok ?

There are several buildings where an anti rocket launcher can be launched from in Lagos.

The safest means for him from the airport is simply by ROAD.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by adora4u1: 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
Below the belt strategy on GEJ's side.I'm sure the APC Convention was planned a long time ago!
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by justphillips(m): 5:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
mercylicious: No be small matter. D last time can bigwigs of CAN met at Onikan, it took us 3 hours to move frm Lekki phase 1 to VI. National convention of ACN alone will cause serious jam, then adding presidential visit.....hmmm. I won't get near Island 2moro.

sister gbagun style!
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by Koolking(m): 5:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
Both are minding their own businesses. We should also mind our own business. I can bet my life that the clash of these two events is a not a coincidence. Looks like this is a deliberate action by the party that produced the oga at the top to mar ACN convention tomorrow. Wait oooo, did I see ACN instead of the unity party name? Is ACN still in solo-existence?
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by iykak47: 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
Monimatic: LIAR Mohammed again.
ACN park well, how can you compel a governor to compel a president not to perform his official duties because of a convention that will be filled with thugs.
What did you expect from from Lai the Liar
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by stjames07: 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
But why GEJ must come to lasgidi on thesame day wit the CAN convention. Lasma go work tire tmao. Lagosians to move to work by 2am. Lmao
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by Geomac: 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
ACN should postpone their convention.
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by justphillips(m): 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
When it comes to issues like this, the oga at the top always wins.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by touch4mony: 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
If d president was from ACN would they have asked him to postponed his visit to they state. Fimele joor.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by Maxymilliano(m): 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
If the coming of the President is to commission the new Steel complex by Wempco group that has been making the rounds for a while, I don't see why Lai Muhammed should be crying wolf where there's none.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
The chairman is asking d governor to try to make jonathan change his plans for tomorrow.
Abi? That is d whole issue.
So, how is dt worthy of a news?
Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by touch4mony: 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
If the president was from ACN will they ask him to postpone his visit. trouble makes at work.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention by Fishout(m): 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2013
na lagosians go suffer for it.dat is all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The State Of The Roads In Festac Town (pictures) / Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo / Osun Election: A Physically Challenged Man Casting His Vote (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.