Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads (15008 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Rumour That Buhari Received Money From Dasuki / Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan / Why Does Jonathan Use Israeli Bodyguards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by tobnical(m): 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
Presidency Reacts to ACN Order On President Jonathan Not To Use Lagos Roads on His State Visit.

STATEMENT BY THE SENIOR SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT (PUBLIC AFFAIRS) DR. DOYIN OKUPE ON THE STATEMENT BY THE ACTION CONGRESS OF NIGERIA’S NATIONAL PUBLICITY SECRETARY, ALHAJI LAI MOHAMMED CALLING ON LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR, BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA TO PREVENT PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN FROM VISITING LAGOS

Our attention has been drawn to the unfortunate and irresponsible comments of Alhaji Lai Mohammed, National Publicity Secretary of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in respect of President Goodluck Jonathan’s impending visit to Lagos.

Lai Mohammed is obviously misguided and mischievous in his disposition. It is difficult to understand or explain how he expects Governor Babatunde Fashola to control or obstruct the movement of President Jonathan, the President and Commander -in Chief of the Armed Forces
of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

It is obvious that Alhaji Lai Mohammed does not have the least of understanding of the workings of government or official protocol. The insult to the president of the nation who is the symbol of our collective sovereignty as contained in his letter to Governor Fashola is obviously a
product of a warped mind that is equally evil and unprogressive. We have always known that Alhaji Mohammed is not fit to be a national officer of a decent political party as evinced by the outbursts and vituperations that emit from his shallow mind.

We know for a fact that Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola is of higher breed with proper upbringing and will not descend to the level of debased political wretchedness to which Alhaji Mohammed belongs.

We wish to state categorically that the President’s visit to Lagos cannot in any way affect the proceedings of the ACN convention or its proposed merger with other parties. Such thinking can only come from a mind intent on making mischief and raising false alarm as usual just in order to score cheap political points and heat up the polity unnecessarily.

Nigerians must now know Alhaji Mohammed for what he is: a confusionist, scaremonger and a debased politician with a belly full of deceit, mischief and treachery.

Signed: DR. DOYIN OKUPE
SSAPA, APRIL 17, 2013.

38 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by wellmax(m): 9:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
Hmmm watching
Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by tobnical(m): 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by OmoTier1(m): 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
tobnical: Presidency Reacts to ACN Order On President Jonathan Not To Use Lagos Roads on His State Visit.

STATEMENT BY THE SENIOR SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT (PUBLIC AFFAIRS) DR. DOYIN OKUPE ON THE STATEMENT BY THE ACTION CONGRESS OF NIGERIA’S NATIONAL PUBLICITY SECRETARY, ALHAJI LAI MOHAMMED CALLING ON LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR, BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA TO PREVENT PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN FROM VISITING LAGOS

Our attention has been drawn to the unfortunate and irresponsible comments of Alhaji Lai Mohammed, National Publicity Secretary of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in respect of President Goodluck Jonathan’s impending visit to Lagos.

Lai Mohammed is obviously misguided and mischievous in his disposition. It is difficult to understand or explain how he expects Governor Babatunde Fashola to control or obstruct the movement of President Jonathan, the President and Commander -in Chief of the Armed Forces
of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

It is obvious that Alhaji Lai Mohammed does not have the least of understanding of the workings of government or official protocol. The insult to the president of the nation who is the symbol of our collective sovereignty as contained in his letter to Governor Fashola is obviously a
product of a warped mind that is equally evil and unprogressive. We have always known that Alhaji Mohammed is not fit to be a national officer of a decent political party as evinced by the outbursts and vituperations that emit from his shallow mind.

We know for a fact that Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola is of higher breed with proper upbringing and will not descend to the level of debased political wretchedness to which Alhaji Mohammed belongs.

We wish to state categorically that the President’s visit to Lagos cannot in any way affect the proceedings of the ACN convention or its proposed merger with other parties. Such thinking can only come from a mind intent on making mischief and raising false alarm as usual just in order to score cheap political points and heat up the polity unnecessarily.

Nigerians must now know Alhaji Mohammed for what he is: a confusionist, scaremonger and a debased politician with a belly full of deceit, mischief and treachery.

Signed: DR. DOYIN OKUPE
SSAPA, APRIL 17, 2013.
Tell me why I would take a government with a spokesman that write in this manner serious undecided Even if ACN said they were going to let hell loose in Lagos during the visit, is there no longer a diplomatic channel in government where issues of this nature can be discussed and resolved amicably?

19 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by awodman: 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Tell me why I would take a government with a spokesman that write in this manner serious undecided Even if ACN said they were going to let hell loose in Lagos during the visit, is there no longer a diplomatic channel in government where issues of this nature can be discussed and resolved amicably?

Since ACN has decided to throw decorum to gutters,then I guess its right to reply them in the language they understand.

52 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by omiobo: 10:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
Na their wahala be dat. Wetin concern me

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by mojounited(m): 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
Mehn, oma run down! cheesy
Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
Tomorrow, u will read again that the stories na lie!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by seunfly: 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
The presidency should be using this Doyin okupe to do all his dirty job instead of Abati, i believe this Okupe carries fire that can match Lai muhammed. The other person i will recomend is Ngozi braid of Lagos police, Abati should be use to anouce good government policies that is what he is good at.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
The Lai Muhammed of a man lacks good thinking ability. Who is a Governor to stop his president from making use of roads? Some were just born to ferment crisis

30 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by Eziachi: 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
tobnical:
The insult to the president of the nation who is the symbol of our collective sovereignty

The symbol of a collective sovereignty in a democracy is the constitution and not a passing politician. When you use people best suited to work at Iddo motor park as your spokesman, this is what you get-gutter language and inaccurate statements.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by superior1: 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
OP,can you provide a credible source please??. There have been many denials on what Okupe said or not recently
Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by CROWE: 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
If this is true ANC need a new publicity secretary, it would be scary to imagine they actually condone and support what he said because it would show a grim road ahead. The problem with Nigeria is that we spend all our time fighting ourselves along the many divides we have in this country, north and south, Christian and Muslim, Igbo and Hausa and now we have ACN vs PDP, just another way for Nigerians to spend time doing nothing but sabotaging themselves.

It is quite spectacular how fvcked up this country is but then that is what Nigerians know how to do best, fvck up spectacularly.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
awodman:
Since ACN has decided to throw decorum to gutters,then I guess its right to reply them in the language they understand.

Why bother to reply him. It disgusts me when people conveniently ignore the misdeeds of an offender and only choose to dwell on the reaction of the offended. Why should the onus of using "diplomatic channels in such matters" lie with the presidency and not the Lagos State government and its party of brash, ill-bred rascals? Would such a "matter" have arisen in the first place if the ACN and its tactless spokesman had been "diplomatic" ab initio?

Senseless and unprovoked attacks should be responded to with as much force and venom as one can muster. Decorum is not a one-way street. You can't sow thorns and expect to reap roses.

24 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by lacasa: 11:04pm On Apr 17, 2013
what a gutter statement. GEJ Has surrounnded himsellf with ghetto thugs

#.. Wat a cabinet undecided

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
Eziachi:
The symbol of a collective sovereignty in a democracy is the constitution and not a passing politician. When you use people best suited to work at Iddo motor park as your spokesman, this is what you get-gutter language and inaccurate statements.

If you don't like the word 'symbol', then you might as well try 'embodiment'. In either case, the president of a sovereign country symbolises and/or embodies the sovereignty of that country, as does the flag. Your prejudices or subjective opinions about the personality of the "passing politician" occupying that position does not and can not reduce, let alone change, the symbolic significance of the position itself.

In essence, Okupe is right: President Goodluck Jonathan symbolises the sovereignty of Nigeria by virtue of his position as the leader of this independent country, and this would remain the case for as long as he remains President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

28 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
The ACN governor will be at the Airport to not only receive GEJ Tomorrow but will welcome him heartily to Lagos, I am also sure he will also accompany him to the venue of the commissioning rather than attend the convention, just wait till tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by jmaine: 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
pro01:

If you don't like the word 'symbol', then you might as well try 'embodiment'. In either case, the president of a sovereign country symbolises and/or embodies the sovereignty of that country, as does the flag. Your prejudices or subjective opinions about the personality of the "passing politician" occupying that position does not and can not reduce, let alone change, the symbolic significance of the position itself.

In essence, Okupe is right: President Goodluck Jonathan symbolises the sovereignty of Nigeria by virtue of his position as the leader of this independent country, and this would remain the case for as long as he remains President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

Post Endorsed . . . .People seem to forget the basics out of personal irrelevant sentiments . . . .
Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by MrMcJay(m): 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
chiover: The Lai Muhammed of a man lacks good thinking abilit(ies). Who is a Governor to stop his p(P)resident from making use of roads? Some were just born to ferment (forment) crisis

I guess you must be typing from either Otuoke or Aso Rock bar. Ferment trouble? O di egu.
Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by mekaboy(m): 11:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
If the CAN lai mohammed said that, then he must be a boko haram member.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 18, 2013
I miss Abacha, Lai Mohammed needed to be fed to virgin lionesses.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by SlyIg(f): 1:05am On Apr 18, 2013
So now, any one can just wake up to insult my presido.
Can you just imagine?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by LagosStar: 1:17am On Apr 18, 2013
Okupe talks too much too. Must he respond to everything on the newspaper?
Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by corpwide: 1:26am On Apr 18, 2013
pro01:

Why bother to reply him. It disgusts me when people conveniently ignore the misdeeds of an offender and only choose to dwell on the reaction of the offended. Why should the onus of using "diplomatic channels in such matters" lie with the presidency and not the Lagos State government and its party of brash, ill-bred rascals? Would such a "matter" have arisen in the first place if the ACN and its tactless spokesman had been "diplomatic" ab initio?

Senseless and unprovoked attacks should be responded to with as much force and venom as one can muster. Decorum is not a one-way street. You can't sow thorns and expect to reap roses.

All the same, for the dignity of the office of the presidency, spokesmen cannot be allowed to use gutter-language, no matter what. If I was president, no spokesman of mine would ever speak that way, regardless the provocation.
Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 1:33am On Apr 18, 2013
I like this Lai Mohamed guy I swear...

lmao.

He jerks their chain like kite and get them dancing at will. This okupeh guy shouldn't be speaking for a dog talk less the president of any country because every time he respond to the Lai mohamed or the opposition especially with all the angry and fighting words, he undermines the the prestige of that office, he lowers the president's profile to that of a street fighter that must respond to anything and everything without dignity.

They need to send that joker to some PR school to get schooled..

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by corpwide: 1:38am On Apr 18, 2013
Eko Ile: I like this Lai Mohamed guy I swear...

lmao.

He jerks their chain like kite and get them dancing at will. This okupeh guy shouldn't be speaking for a dog talk less the president of any country because every time he respond to the Lai mohamed or the opposition especially with all the angry and fighting words, he undermines the the prestige of that office, he lowers the president's profile to that of a street fighter that must respond to anything and everything without dignity.

They need to send that joker to some PR school to get schooled..

On point. The language is simply unbecoming of the office of the president.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 1:43am On Apr 18, 2013
corpwide:

On point. The language is simply unbecoming of the office of the president.

I don't think they know anything about "Looking presidential"
Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by Walexz02(m): 4:14am On Apr 18, 2013
I would have commended Okupe for job well done but the way he replied is too inmorale.
Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by Nobody: 4:26am On Apr 18, 2013
I bet if I cussed at GEJ and called him a dummy on FB, he'll send his media dogs after me.

What a foolish man that dont know what his responsibilities as President are.
Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by coolestboy(m): 4:41am On Apr 18, 2013
Where ir REUBEN ABATI?
Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by Adurangba(f): 4:48am On Apr 18, 2013
These ACN people are gradually showing what stuff they are made off. For sure GEJ was right when he used the word RASCALS.

9 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 5:04am On Apr 18, 2013
Lai Mohammed’s Revolution

Lai is the standard bearer when the issue is opposition research and politics. It is not an easy thing to have the entire gamut of the Nigerian government on the defensive but there is Lai for you. Like an old Marxian propagandist, Lai, unlike most political actors, has empathy towards the people. You cannot be a leader when you don’t share feelings of the people. To that extent, he is proactive, always the one taking the battle to the ruling government and party

Reactions to Lai from the party and government are mostly crude and tasteless. Time and again, the people speaking for the government and party have the habit of putting their foot in the mouth without any rhyme, rhythm or reason.

http://premiumtimesng.com/opinion/129921-lai-mohammeds-revolution-by-garba-shehu.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tribunal Rejects Saraki’s Appeal For Trial Judge To Disqualify Himself / It’s All Lies, Miltary Never Arrested Our Strike Team- Avengers / Fayose Secretly Planning To Join APC — Senator Aluko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.