Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,028 members, 7,807,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help (922 Views)

When Your Project Supervisor Gives You Corrected Copy / When You Get Corrected Copy Of Your Project From Your Supervisor / My Annoying Project Supervisor: Tricks to OutSmart Him/her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by Ayohbk(m): 11:42am On Apr 18, 2013
i submitted three project topics to my supervisor for approval of one....here are the topics
-Designing efficient and secure public hash functions for cryptograhic protocols
-Designing and implementing of an online library system in the faculty
- " " " " " Automated class attendance system .
With confidence that she would definitely accept one of the topics.....buh i was disappointed when she said she wanted a topic that involves data collection( i.e would involve me sharing questionnaire)....i have been having sleepless nights thinkin of such computer science topic.....pls anyone with an idea of such topic shuld pls help me out .....
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by CrazyMan(m): 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
Stop lamenting as if your world has come to an end simply because of a topic given to you by your project supervisor.

You can always use google, wikipedia...you can also seek out for relevant materials from previous sets in regards to the topic.

That should help.

Good luck.
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by Ayohbk(m): 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2013
CrazyMan: Stop lamenting as if your world has come to an end simply because of a topic given to you by your project supervisor.

You can always use google, wikipedia...you can also seek out for relevant materials from previous sets in regards to the topic.

That should help.

Good luck.
the thing is that she did not give me any topic.......she asked me to go and search for the topic.....it would av been easier if i was doing a social /management science course but wia i go see computer science topic that would require me to gather data thru sharing of questionnaire......av also bin parleying with google eva since but its not helping....
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by SBabaJ(m): 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
Your Supervisor, I Think, Is One Of The Many Lecturers That Encourage Plagiarism In The University System. Why Can't A Student Be Allowed To Work On A Topic Of Interest? If A Student's Research Interest Lies Outside A Lecturer's Own/Specialization, The Best Thing To Do Is To Transfer Such A Student To Another Lecturer Specializing In That Area. Unfortunately, Ingenuity Is Rarely Appreciated In The Nigerian System, Especially At The Undergraduate Level.
However, You should Take Time Out To Reflect On Some Areas Of Interest In Which Testing Via Questionnaire Is Applicable And Come Up With Something. You Can Also Consult Other lecturers In Your Department.
Don't Let Anybody Drive You Crazy!!!
All The Best!!!
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by sluvy4tune(m): 6:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
take it slow bro i went through same thing....you can check out this sites for topics+materials

www.iproject.com.ng

seems you are doing a computer/computer related course that site will help
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by cnnamoko(m): 12:43am On Apr 19, 2013
you can hire a writer in Nigeria just visit http://winnerwriter.com/custom-writing
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by shex202(m): 2:17am On Apr 19, 2013
For Project topics and related materials in management sciences(acctn, bankin and fin, mgt, mkt............) and social sciences(economics, pol,sociology,philosophy..........). Call 08057973182. Or mail me: shegzyparty@yahoo.com
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by ishmael(m): 8:17am On Apr 19, 2013
Ayo_hbk: i submitted three project topics to my supervisor for approval of one....here are the topics
-Designing efficient and secure public hash functions for cryptograhic protocols
With confidence that she would definitely accept one of the topics.....buh i was disappointed when she said she wanted a topic that involves data collection( i.e would involve me sharing questionnaire)....i have been having sleepless nights thinkin of such computer science topic.....pls anyone with an idea of such topic shuld pls help me out .....
you can re-phrase the 2nd topic as "Efficiency & Effectiveness of an online library system". One of ur aims could be to find out how people feel using an online library system over d manual/traditional method. That is, the merits of the system. U can design a questionnaire to collect d required data. U can do a T-test or Chi-square test at d end of d day. I'm a Statistician; i can help u here. If u need my help kindly respond to my post.
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by Ayohbk(m): 8:23am On Apr 19, 2013
ishmael: you can re-phrase the 2nd topic as "Efficiency & Effectiveness of an online library system". One of ur aims could be to find out how people feel using an online library system over d manual/traditional method. That is, the merits of the system. U can design a questionnaire to collect d required data. U can do a T-test or Chi-square test at d end of d day. I'm a Statistician; i can help u here. If u need my help kindly respond to my post.
Thanks...... i think d topic now makes sense.....i will submit dat to her on monday and contact you if accepted....
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by Ayohbk(m): 8:24am On Apr 19, 2013
sluvy4tune: take it slow bro i went through same thing....you can check out this sites for topics+materials

www.iproject.com.ng

seems you are doing a computer/computer related course that site will help
i will check it now....thanks
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by Ayohbk(m): 8:26am On Apr 19, 2013
SBabaJ: Your Supervisor, I Think, Is One Of The Many Lecturers That Encourage Plagiarism In The University System. Why Can't A Student Be Allowed To Work On A Topic Of Interest? If A Student's Research Interest Lies Outside A Lecturer's Own/Specialization, The Best Thing To Do Is To Transfer Such A Student To Another Lecturer Specializing In That Area. Unfortunately, Ingenuity Is Rarely Appreciated In The Nigerian System, Especially At The Undergraduate Level.
However, You should Take Time Out To Reflect On Some Areas Of Interest In Which Testing Via Questionnaire Is Applicable And Come Up With Something. You Can Also Consult Other lecturers In Your Department.
Don't Let Anybody Drive You Crazy!!!
All The Best!!!
thanks sbabaj.......
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by ishmael(m): 8:42am On Apr 19, 2013
Ayo_hbk:
Thanks...... i think d topic now makes sense.....i will submit dat to her on monday and contact you if accepted....
Good, AY. All ur supervisor wants u to do is to do a research on d online library system. Ur project wud possibly comprise of designing the system and getting views from people who must have used ur own system or any other online library system. It's going to be great research work to embark on. U can call me on 07068945155. Regards!
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by Ayohbk(m): 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
ishmael: Good, AY. All ur supervisor wants u to do is to do a research on d online library system. Ur project wud possibly comprise of designing the system and getting views from people who must have used ur own system or any other online library system. It's going to be great research work to embark on. U can call me on 07068945155. Regards!
i actually submitted dat and two other topics to her on tuesday and she rejected them............these are the other topics i submitted(though these two do not involve data collection)................
-----E-fraud:the state of the art and counter-measures &
......System integrity of smartphones: A security evaluation of IOS and blackberry OS..................
other students under her are facing this same problem........she accepted project topics that are related to "ontology"
from two persons so am on the lookout for any related topic.......so pls anyone wth an idea shuld please help.....
Re: My Project Supervisor Is Driving Me Crazy...pls Fellows Nlers Help by chubysoft1(m): 6:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ayo_hbk: i submitted three project topics to my supervisor for approval of one....here are the topics

I completely understant your case. As a senior collegue and a lecturer in a university, i have several complete computer science materials all with their program software. Visit www.chubysoft..com

My Tel is: 07063665901 (Chuby)

Bye.

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Result Is Out / Jamb Change Of Course/institution Form Is Out (2 Weeks 0nly) / Jamb To Come Out Wit Updates As From Next Week.cbt Ends Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.