Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Looking To Buy A Horse - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Looking To Buy A Horse (7649 Views)

Looking To Connect With Nigerian Retailers (no 419) / How Much Does A 3 Ton Truck Cost, And Where Can 1 Buy A Good 1? / Do You Need Baileys, Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff Vodka, White Horse, Etc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking To Buy A Horse by olawonder(m): 7:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
Anyone has an idea of where to buy a grown male horse? Preferably grayish colour... I do know most horses are brought in thru Northern Nigeria, however I do not know the potential costs and how it can transported down South.

Please share your knowledge.
Re: Looking To Buy A Horse by lecturerdabo(m): 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
olawonder: Anyone has an idea of where to buy a grown male horse? Preferably grayish colour... I do know most horses are brought in thru Northern Nigeria, however I do not know the potential costs and how it can transported down South.

Please share your knowledge.

Don't know the cost but I know you can RIDE it down to south dat's Y it's called horsegrin

1 Like

Re: Looking To Buy A Horse by xstudios(m): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
horses just like dog have prices depending on pedigree, the breed stock from which it comes use to which you want to put it.

if you would put forward these information then i can put you through to some friend of mine and see how you would get your delivery
Re: Looking To Buy A Horse by olawonder(m): 9:44pm On Apr 19, 2013
@ lecturerdabo:
Transporting the horse from North Nigeria to South, as in to Ijebu Ode

@ xstudios:
If I know information about "pedigree", breed etc, I wont be here asking for help; if you hv any recommendation, sharing it would be highly appreciated. As for its use, purely for family recretion; put them in a stable, look after them, for family for when they visit on vacation.
Re: Looking To Buy A Horse by lazinc(m): 9:59pm On Apr 19, 2013
You can get it at affordable rate in Ebonyi state. I did my NYSC there and I can tell you that they prefer the horse meat to cow meat. lol

You can get variety of different colours. I witnessed where they brought a white horse to the slaughter I was like wtf will they want to kill a beautiful white horse.
Re: Looking To Buy A Horse by oduz: 9:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
A lot depends on usage, what do u need it for

Tourism, as in, the beach resorts use 'second hand' old Sports horses from Polo Clubs that are virtually given away

The annual Durbar, Ojude Oba may require just something like this, But it depends on the rider, some prefer a lot of razzmatazz, & living up to the tradition of 'mock wars' in that case you need something strong & youthful from the North

For Polo Sport, u need a trained horse often imported, with best breeds from Argentina

Best Wishes cool
Re: Looking To Buy A Horse by Ty207: 10:28pm On Apr 20, 2013
laz_inc: You can get it at affordable rate in Ebonyi state. I did my NYSC there and I can tell you that they prefer the horse meat to cow meat. lol

You can get variety of different colours. I witnessed where they brought a white horse to the slaughter I was like wtf will they want to kill a beautiful white horse.

this guy is 100% right.....you can get it cheap at ebonyi.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Verified Alipay Account Fast / MIDOil To Build 100,000BPD Modular Refinery In Lagos / Taxify Introducing "Taxify Lite"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.